DID YOU KNOW THESE THINGS HAD NAMES?
1. The space between your eyebrows is called
2. The way it smells after the rain is called
3. The plastic or metallic coating at the end of
your shoelaces is called an aglet.
4. The rumbling of stomach is actually called a
5. The cry of a new born baby is called a
6. The prongs on a fork are called tines.
7. The sheen or light that you see when you
close your eyes and press your hands on
them is called phosphenes.
8. The tiny plastic table placed in the middle
of a pizza box is called a box tent.
9. The day after tomorrow is called
10. Your tiny toe or finger is called minimus.
11. The wired cage that holds the cork in a
bottle of champagne is called an agraffe.
12. The 'na na na' and 'la la la', which don't
really have any meaning in the lyrics of any
song, are called vocables.
13. When you combine an exclamation mark
with a question mark (like this ?!), it is referred
to as an interrobang.
14. The space between your nostrils is called
15. The armhole in clothes, where the sleeves
are sewn, is called armscye.
16. The condition of finding it difficult to get
out of the bed in the morning is called
17. Unreadable hand-writing is called
18. The dot over an “i” or a “j” is called tittle.
19. That utterly sick feeling you get after
eating or drinking too much is called
20. The metallic device used to measure your
feet at the shoe store is called Bannock