Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Betrifft

movement - motion

Kommentar
    I don't have a particular example or anything, I was just wondering if there is any difference at all between the two concepts because according to my dictionaries, both movement and motion correspond to 'Bewegung' in German, and it seems to me that they are often used synonymously especially in technical texts. Or is there any difference I'm not aware of?
    Thx!
    VerfasserCaroline07 Dez. 07, 10:10
    Kommentar
    I would like to know that, too. In my opinion, "movement" is a more physical term, while "motion" could describe some emotional "Bewegung", too. Is that right?
    #1Verfasservirus07 Dez. 07, 11:09
    Kommentar
    Hi Carolina, I don't think that there is really anything in it. I'm studying alevel physics and both words are used to describe the same thing, although motion is prefered, i.e Newton's laws of motion, equations of motion etc.

In other contexts there may be some differences like a motion in the house of lords or the women's movement. If you were to swap the words over in these two examples they would have a different meaning (i think) but both generally envolve change of state :)
    #2Verfasserdenatured07 Dez. 07, 11:33
    Kommentar
    Hi denatured,

thanks for the explanation!

Cheers
    #3VerfasserCaroline07 Dez. 07, 13:47

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt