Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Übersicht

Land und Leute

Ummeldung des Führerscheins

Betrifft

Ummeldung des Führerscheins

Kommentar
    Hallo alle!

Since I've been living here for some time, I need to transfer my driver's license soon. I have two questions:

1) How do they establish the date of residence? I know you have to transfer the license within three years, but the uncertainty is this. I arrived in Germany in June 2005 on a tourist visa, spent the summer here and left to visit my parents in September 2005. I was not registered in Germany for that month and I reregistered in October when I arrived and applied for a student visa. Do I now have until September 2008 to change the license? That would be great, since I'm in the process of finishing my dissertation at the moment, and don't want to have to think about this until summer. I'm planning to take a few practice hours before the test, especially since I've never driven a stick-shift (except for a few practice hours with my husband!) Plus, I'll be in NC at my parents in June, and I wondered if I could change my license back to NC from CA, because with a NC license I only have to take one of the tests. But I don't know if that's a good idea, because I think the license has to be earned during a longer stay. But I was born and raised in NC and got my first license there.

2)(as though there was only one question in the last point) Do I need a first aid certificate to transfer the license? An acquaintance is giving a course this weekend, which I might be able to join on short notice.

Thanks as always!
    Verfasser German Tarheel (EY) (147393) 15 Feb. 08, 10:32
    Kommentar
    Schon mal bei www.toytowngermany.com/forum gesucht?
    Da kommt so etwas häufiger vor
    #1Verfasserkehd (353378) 15 Feb. 08, 10:52
    Kommentar
    Ich würde mich schleunigst mit der örtlichen TÜV-Führerscheinstelle in Verbindung setzen. Wie ich in den folgenden websites gelesen habe, hat man nur 6!-Monate Zeit, und du fährst seit 2 Jahren ohne gültigen Führerschein!

http://www.magazinusa.com/us/info/show.aspx?u...

http://www.amcham.de/fileadmin/templates/main...

#2Verfasserwitch (345248) 15 Feb. 08, 11:45
    Kommentar
    Ich saß nie in Deutschland hinter dem Steuer, außer ein paar Stunden auf einem Parkplatz, wo mein Mann mich versuchte beizubringen, wie man mit Kupplung fährt. Ich will einfach jetzt den Führerschein ummelden, weil wenn diese 3-Jahresgrenze überschritten wird, muss ich wie ein Fahranfänger die Fahrschule besuchen (und bezahlen!). Und jetzt wohnen wir in einer großeren Stadt, wo man nicht zur Not alles per Fuß erreichen kann, aber die Straßenbahn fährt auch ab 20:00 nicht mehr. Insoweit wäre es praktisch, wenn ich das Auto manchmal nehmen könnte, aber ich habe's nicht gemacht weil ich weiß, das geht nicht. (Na ja..und das mit der Kupplung funktioniert auch immer noch nicht so 100%, aber ich wollte noch ein paar Fahrstunden machen.)
    #3Verfasser German Tarheel (EY) (147393) 15 Feb. 08, 12:07
    Kommentar
    Dann hast Du nichts falsches gemacht. Und lese genau die Infos von der AMCHAM website. Wie ich das verstehe, hast Du bist Oktober Zeit, deinen US Führerschein umzumelden. Und, wie ich das auch sehe, wäre es auf jeden Fall empfehlenswert wenn Du deinen Führerschein im Sommer ummeldest nach NC. Dann benötigst Du "NUR" die theoretische Prüfung, und kannst die Übungen mit deinem Mann getrost sparen. (die würde ich aber weitermachen bevor ich mich hinter's Steuer setze!). Aber kontaktiere deine örtliche Führerscheinstelle, die Regelungen sind von den jeweiligen Bundesländer abhängig, und kümmere dich jetzt darum, es sind auch Unterlagen wie eine staatlich geeidigte Übersetzung! (von was denn? Height, weight, birthdate eye color?) die vor 25 Jahren schon 60 DM gekostet hat!) nötig, und ggf. die Prüfungen, die alle Zeit in Anspruch nehmen.
    Ich wünsche Dir viel Glück!
    #4Verfasserwitch (345248) 15 Feb. 08, 12:39
    Kommentar
    Now, I know this totally off subject, but I almost peed myself laughing. Did you guys read the article form acham
    http://www.amcham.de/fileadmin/templates/main...

It has a listing of what states have to take the test or just the written or none at all. Now, I am from Louisiana and believe me when I say the driving test there is a piece of cake. That is one of the 20 states not required to take any exam to have the license transfered. And NY, a state that is hell to drive in has to take both...and to think, the only reason I have been hesitating changing my license was because I can't parallel park :)
    #5Verfasser DD (AE) (412799) 15 Feb. 08, 13:19
    Kommentar
    Well DD, I made my driver's license 30! years ago in Maryland, and you don't even leave the parking lot of the MVD (motor vehicle department). And they are one of the states, along with NY and CA where you have to take both tests! So, even if driving in NY is a feat to itself, perhaps getting your license isn't (which would explain why driving in NY is such a challenge?). Oddly enough, in MD, you only drive around this stupid parking lot, but you do have to parallel park to pass, which is why I practiced for weeks at home with buckets of sand, which you aren't allowed to knock over (I didn't have any cones).
    #6Verfasserwitch (345248) 15 Feb. 08, 13:38
    Kommentar
    I had this problem a few years back when I was stopped for overtaking a bus that was almost choking me with exhaust fumes on my motorbike behind it ! Firstly it was a no overtaking zone and limited to 70km/h, so me overtaking at 115km/h started the trouble off ! Firstly I had no valid “Ausweis” as I’m British and don’t qualify for a German one and do not intend carrying my passport around, then I had the problem although I didn’t have any vehicle registered in my name I had not transferred my British drivers licence and had been in the country for 5 years. I was informed by the policeman that pulled me over that not being able to ID myself is bad enough, but I was in theory driving without a valid drivers licence and therefore also not insured ! To make things worse I was on a busy main road and was not allowed to ride the bike a single meter further to park it where at least it would be safe, so I had to push a 250kg Moto Guzzi down the road to park it ! Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse the policeman wasn’t taking my British drivers licence as sufficient proof of my identity and insisted on driving home to let me show him my passport (as if it wasn’t bad enough for my neighbours having an English hooligan in the neighbourhood, he also gets brought home by the cops), having turned the flat upside down I could not find my passport anywhere so in desperation I phoned my wife who ended up having it in her handbag at work (why do women do that sort of stuff ? I feel another thread coming on), so I had the nice policeman take he to the station where my wife came and bailed me out.
    So to recap I was facing charges of speeding, overtaking, having no valid drivers licence and no insurance (not bad for a mornings work).
    I had a chat with a lawyer who suggested writing a nice letter to the local judge dealing with the case and explain the whole thing, who to my surprise told me to donate 250 D-mark to a charity of may choice and he would let the charges fall !
    I then transferred my drivers licence to a German one. Which cost me 60 marks if my memory serves me right !
    That was the case of a European drivers licence and as far as I can remember they changed the laws regarding US drivers licences some time back, as you can take the test down south (Louisiana) at 15 having had only a few, if any lessons and then come over here and have it transferred (avoiding the mandatory German driving lessons not to mention saving a few thousand €´s to boot).
    I don’t know the current law on transferring US drivers licences but the “Landratsamt” will be able to tell you ! Good luck.
    #7VerfasserVileness fats (241697) 15 Feb. 08, 14:19
    Kommentar
    I've posted in Toytown now ,too, but if someone here knows about the first aid course, I'd be happy to hear from you.
    #8Verfasser German Tarheel (EY) (147393) 15 Feb. 08, 15:33
    Kommentar
    @Vileness fats: Das finde ich seltsam, soviel ich weiß, ist ein von einem EU-Land ausgestellter Führerschein in jedem anderen EU-Land gültig und muss nicht umgeschrieben werden. Warum der Führerschein von deutschen Behörden oft nicht so recht als amtlicher Lichtbildausweis anerkannt wird, ist mir allerdings auch schon lang ein Rätsel.
    #9Verfasser RE1 (236905) 15 Feb. 08, 15:44
    Kommentar
    @Vileness fats
    Wow, das ist mal eine Geschichte! Die Anzahl an Fettnäpfchen hat für eine sehr lange Zeit gereicht ;-)

#10VerfasserLiftFreak (321503) 15 Feb. 08, 15:53
    Kommentar
    Slightly OT - My dad got his driver's license at age 13 in NC way back when. He had driven some 52 accident-free years (about 25 years total here in Germany)when he had to show his American license in a routine car check. I've forgotten the exact details (something about his previously having been with the AF, and thus no need of German license), but it turned out he had to retake his driver's test because he had neglected to have it changed to a German one. Fortunately for him, he was still working for the government and could take the written exam, pay 3-5 dollars and get a valid license. We sent him a "Herzlichen Glückwünsch zum Führerschein" card, which he didn't find quite as funny as did his 3 daughters :-)
    #11Verfasser Carly-AE (237428) 15 Feb. 08, 16:00

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt