Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Topic

TESO #58

Comment
    Usain Bolt gewann bei der Leichtathletik-WM 2009 das 100m-Finale in 9,58 sec.

Fifty-eight is the sum of the first seven prime numbers

58 was the name of a side project involving Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe. They covered the song "Alone Again (Naturally)".
    Hier das Original.

"Spur 58"
    58 Beats - Freestyle (live in Hamburg)
    "58 Poems" song by Chicago.

In mythology
    The number 58 was commonly associated with misfortune in many civilizations native to either Central America or Southern America. Due to their beliefs in the original 58 sins, the number came to symbolize curses and ill-luck. Aztec oracles supposedly stumbled across the number an unnaturally high number of times before disaster fell. One famous recording of this, though largely discredited as mere folktale, concerned the oracle of Moctezuma II, who allegedly counted 58 pieces of gold scattered before a sacrificial pit the day prior to the arrival of Hernan Cortés.

In other fields:
    The code for international direct dial phone calls to Venezuela
    At age 58, Thomas Jefferson originated the custom of shaking hands with the President. Previously, people bowed to the President.
    The number of counties in California
    The minimum wind speed (mph) needed to issue a Severe Thunderstorm Warning.

Die Bundesstraße 58 (Abkürzung: B 58) führt von der niederländischen Grenze bei Venlo über Wesel, Haltern am See und Lüdinghausen bis nach Beckum.
    Der westliche Teil der heutigen Bundesstraße 58 wurde 1811-1813 als napoleonische Heerstraße erbaut, die recht gradlinig von Paris nach Hamburg führen sollte, aber nicht fertiggestellt wurde. Der östliche Teil der heutigen Bundesstraße 58 zwischen Haltern und Lüdinghausen wurde erst in der Nachkriegszeit zur befestigten Landstraße ausgebaut.
    Von Schermbeck bis zur BAB 43 führt die Straße durch Wald oder ist als Allee von großen Bäumen eingerahmt. Der Streckenabschnitt zwischen Haltern am See und Lüdinghausen führt durch eine Seenlandschaft, die an Wochenenden von vielen Erholungssuchenden aus dem Ruhrgebiet besucht wird.

Bless, we got out of there - and I promise never to use forty-letter words again.

AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 21 Oct 09, 01:26
    Comment
    *laugh*
    Good morning people, a very happy wednesday to one and all.Thank you for the new thread 58 Emil.
    :=)
    #1Authormykl (442296) 21 Oct 09, 06:19
    Comment
    *gg*
    Good morning everybody and thank you for the new home, Emil!
    Going out with the dogs now..it's frosty, but the sun's rising. See you later!
    #2AuthorWaringham (384862) 21 Oct 09, 08:38
    Comment
    Oh, missed saying hello to Wari. *remedies* Hi Wari *waves*
    #3Authormykl (442296) 21 Oct 09, 11:12
    Comment
    Hi, mykl.. *wavesback*
    Where are the other girls today?

Carly: I sent your book on its way home. Now reading easy's Vet Stories, which involves the first 4 books: If Only They Could Talk, It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet, All Creatures Great and Small and Let Sleeping Vets Lie.
    So I read the end before the beginning, but it's not that bad, I think.

Mykl, from where in Yorkshire do you come from?
    #4AuthorWaringham (384862) 21 Oct 09, 11:19
    Comment
    Moin, All! Thanks for the new home, Emil!

*wildlywaves*

One more day "at the draw board," and THEN I, too, can get out in this beautiful weather :-))

Wari, Not sure whether I've read If Only They Could Talk, but said that selfsame thing to my mother this morning :-) Kimmy seems to think Mommy ought to go down to the basement and play, because "mean me" has turned the outdoors on to COLD :-)
    #5AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 21 Oct 09, 11:43
    Comment
    Hi Carly, but as soon as you go into the cellaar kimmy will run out again...it's the way cats are. *g*
    Wari, I come from a village near Wakefield, James Herriot land is about 50 minutes car drive away.
    #6Authormykl (442296) 21 Oct 09, 11:48
    Comment
    Hello everybody!
    Etwa 300m entfernt hatte eben ein Graureiher auf einer Gartenfichte Platz genommen.
    Der hat sie doch nicht alle!
    #7AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 21 Oct 09, 12:46
    Comment
    Tach Emil *waves* I had to look up what a Graureiher was. I don't know that I've ever seen a heron outside of the/a zoo.
    #8Authormykl (442296) 21 Oct 09, 12:50
    Comment
    Hallo mykl!
    Ach doch, das denke ich schon!
    Die stehen auch oft auf Feldern 'rum und jagen Mäuse.
    #9AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 21 Oct 09, 13:07
    Comment
    Hi Emil, bin gerade am überlegen, ob es nicht die Graureiher waren, die ich 2 Mal jährlich "en masse" zwischen hier und GÖ gesehen habe.

mykl, Kimmy has given up on Mommy playing in the cellar -and gone outside :-))
    #10AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 21 Oct 09, 13:10
    Comment
    So people, it's home time again. I wish everyone a pleasant day, have fun and may your pets go with you.
    #11Authormykl (442296) 21 Oct 09, 13:57
    Comment
    Carly, Nein, das waren definitiv Kraniche. Ich habe die auch regelmäßig zwischen hier und Göttingen gesehen. Meist etwas südlich von Kreiensen in riesigen Schwärmen, zu denn immer noch neue Gruppen dazugestossen sind.

Graureiher ziehen auch nicht mehr unbedingt in den Süden, bei uns im Revier überwintern sie zumindest. Wir haben hier auch einen Silberreiher . Auch der sitzt ganz gerne auf Bäumen. Wenn ich mich richtig erinnere, nisten viele Reiher auch in Bäumen..

By, mykl. Have a wonderful afternoon and evening and don't get blown off your bike..
    #12AuthorWaringham (384862) 21 Oct 09, 14:51
    Comment
    Byeee, mykl!!

Ja, Wari - ich war nur etwas unsicher - ich fand es sooooo fazinierend, wie sie zuerst immer ein "Ausspäher" geschickt haben, dann kamen nach und nach "der Rest der Truppe".

edit on: Eeeeegittttt: http://de.news.yahoo.com/26/20091021/tsc-neue...
    #13AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 21 Oct 09, 15:39
    Comment
    Well..just never go to Madagascar.. ;)
    #14AuthorWaringham (384862) 21 Oct 09, 16:16
    Comment
    Nope, never ever :-))) The Silbereiher looks rather like a stork.
    #15AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 21 Oct 09, 16:34
    Comment
    Carly: We really should improve your knowledge concerning birds ;) The storks the one with the baby.. :) Have a wonderful evening!
    #16AuthorWaringham (384862) 21 Oct 09, 19:42
    Comment
    That is exactly what I was thinking!
    A wonderful evening to everybody!
    #17AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 21 Oct 09, 19:45
    Comment
    Well, naturally I know who brings the babies, and just what they look like, but in that link you provided, it looked rather like an albino stork :-) http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http:/...

And, I DO know my birds - have watched them all my life!!! But after, 77 pages of Fräsmaschine, my mind was wandering :-)
    #18AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 21 Oct 09, 21:59
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy thursday to one and all. Isi, are you going to the Epica concert this evening ?
    #19Authormykl (442296) 22 Oct 09, 06:03
    Comment
    Moin! Been out with the dogs, it's gray and a bit foggy. They are expanding our bikeway, but the last 150m are too expensive.. *shakes head sadly*

Easy: after having finished Mr. Herriot, will I be a fully acknowledged vet? At least the mechanical side should be absolutely clear by then .. Should be able to help with calving, pigging and whatever else there might be.. It's fun to read anyway.

What else.. oh, Möwe/Galeazzo wrote me a letter and I'm trying hard to answer it. Really! Thanks!
    #20AuthorWaringham (384862) 22 Oct 09, 10:24
    Comment
    Moin Wari, *waves* it seems as though you're busy enough without work, hope sth turns up for you soon though.
    #21Authormykl (442296) 22 Oct 09, 10:27
    Comment
    Hello everybody!
    Waringham, jeden Tag, wenn Du vom Spaziergang mit den Hunden erzählst, fällt mir das hier ein: Rory Gallagher & Frankie Miller - Walking The Dog (Live '79)
    Ruhig weiter so!
    #22AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 22 Oct 09, 12:26
    Comment
    Hi Emil *waves*
    Where's Isi theas days, let me guess, nachbehandlung. *g*
    So people, it's time for me to go home again. I wish everyone a pleasant day.
    Byeee
    #23Authormykl (442296) 22 Oct 09, 13:47
    Comment
    Well, I got here too late to say HI mykl :-))

Emil, DANKE!!! Habe ich seit Ewigkeiten nicht mehr gehört - und zwischenzeitlich auch ganz vergessen, daß es anno damals auch noch den Rockpalast im Fernsehen gab :-)) Jetzt habe ich den Datum gesehen...meine Güte, Wiesbaden 1979 - wir wollten dahin, aber fanden keine Babysitter :-)

A pro pro "walking dogs" - just got back from my daughter - hadn't seen Twix in about 3 weeks, and his back is now almost at my hip bone height!!
    #24AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Oct 09, 16:24
    Comment
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE I AM :)
    Sorry, had to work in ther Tierheim Monday, yesterday, today... Sorry!
    Oh, Wari, Epica sounds tempting, but it's cold and wet and rainy and I feel like huddling up in front of my DVD player with a cup of tea or something.
    Well, it's definitely helpful to know James Herriot by heart when working as a vet ;)

Thanks for the new nice not yet oversized home, Emil :)

Im Übrigen würde ich liiiiiiiiebend gern mal nach Madagaskar, dem Gesang der Indris lauschen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihgTKxAEoYM oder andere Lemuren anschauen oder die ganzen Chamäleons, Fossas, guckt doch mal, das will man doch alles sehen. http://www.wildmadagascar.org/wildlife/
    Da werd ich ja ganz wuschig ;o)
    #25Authoreasy (238884) 22 Oct 09, 18:10
    Comment
    Hi, easy! Long time, no see :-)) They're having a "Reptilienschau" here, and I thought about going with my granddaughter-but then saw the date: October 31st, where they'll all be here for our traditional Halloween party :-)
    #26AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Oct 09, 18:37
    Comment
    And don't, please. Most of them aren't very good, and I wouldn't want to support most of them by giving them my money ;)
    Visit me in Munich instead, I can show you loads of lovely reptilian creepy crawlies, with or without Halloween.
    #27Authoreasy (238884) 22 Oct 09, 18:55
    Comment
    Sieh da! Ein Lebenszeichen! Wie nett!

Apropos Reptilienschau - sind eigentlich gepiercte/tätowierte Leute auf solchen Schauen überdurchschnittlich häufig verteten?
    #28AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 22 Oct 09, 23:00
    Comment
    Emil, keine Ahnung - ich war zurletzt mit meinem Sohn vor ca. 18 Jahren auf ein Repitilienschau :-)
    #29AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Oct 09, 23:27
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy friday to one and all. *ponder* Isi, do I really look like Wari ?? *g* Carly, I read this and had to think of you :)
    #30Authormykl (442296) 23 Oct 09, 06:47
    Comment
    Moin!!

mykl :-)) No Frizz is the brains of Robert Langer, a chemical engineer who has won some of the most prestigious prizes in medicine and has succeeded in finding solutions for some of the toughest medical challenges.
    That's the honest-to-God truth of the matter :-))

#31AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 23 Oct 09, 11:53
    Comment
    OOOOOOOOOOOH, sorry, myklchen *rotwerd*
    Irgendwie... Ihr habt beide 4 Buchstaben? Mist, nee, klappt auch nicht ;)
    Ich bin halt einfach doof ;o)

sind eigentlich gepiercte/tätowierte Leute auf solchen Schauen überdurchschnittlich häufig verteten?
    Öööööööhm....
    JA 

Ich überlege gerade, mir eine einzelne dunklegrüne Haarsträhne zu färben... Will ich schon, seit ich 16 bin. Einfach mal ausprobieren... was meint ihr?
    #32Authoreasy (238884) 23 Oct 09, 12:03
    Comment
    easy, wenn es Dich glücklich macht :-)) Mein Ding wäre es nicht, aber ich überlege mir gerade, da ich einige Aufträge fertiggestellt habe, gestern Abend eine neue bekam - mich mal wieder zu "entgrauen" :-)) Aber nicht dunkelgrün :-)
    #33AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 23 Oct 09, 12:24
    Comment
    Ich weiß nicht, obs mich glücklich macht ;o) ich habs noch nie probiert. Und das gute ist: Ich kann sie einfach schwarz ünberfärben, wenns mir nicht gefällt.
    #34Authoreasy (238884) 23 Oct 09, 12:31
    Comment
    Moin all!
    Ich würde noch eine silberne danebensetzen, easy.
    #35AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 23 Oct 09, 12:40
    Comment
    *lach* Das silber kommt doch von ganz allein, Emil ;) Ich habe ganz tolle silber Strähnchen..
    #36AuthorWaringham (384862) 23 Oct 09, 12:53
    Comment
    Das natürlicherweise massig vorhandene Silber in meinen Haaren werde ich mit schwarz übermalen, Emil ;o)
    Obwohl... klingt irgendwie cool ;)
    #37Authoreasy (238884) 23 Oct 09, 13:32
    Comment
    ach, zum Thema Ausstellungen - und Börsen. Als meine Mutter mich letztes Mal besucht hat, waren wir mit dem Amtsvet amtshilfemäßig auf ner Reptilienbörse zur Begutachtung. Ich glaub, meine Mutter fand die Leute alle schon SEHR freaky :)))

edit 14:33h : Ich führe mal wieder Selbstgespräche...
    *dummdiedumm*
    schön ruhig hier
    *gäääääääääääähn*
    na gut, dann geh ich jetzt Sezieren. Das habt ihr nun davon. Tschüssili :)
    #38Authoreasy (238884) 23 Oct 09, 13:36
    Comment
    Ich bin vor kurzem mal an einer Halle vorbeigekommen, in der so eine Schau stattfand, und da standen auffällig viele derartige Leute vor der Tür. Daher die Frage ...
    Ihr würdet nicht wollen, dass ich jetzt auch noch anfange, mit silbernen Haaren zu kokettieren, oder?

Edith meint, das war jetzt zwei Minuten zu spät ...
    #39AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 23 Oct 09, 14:35
    Comment
    edith edit oder welche Edith?
    Das IST kein Kokettieren (ich weiß nicht mal, wie man das schreibt), das ist grausame Wirklichkeit :(
    #40Authoreasy (238884) 23 Oct 09, 14:39
    Comment
    Ach easy: Was ist daran schon schlimm..die paar grauen Haare. Was drunter sitzt, ist wichtig. mein Vater ist seit ich ihn kenne, weiß, aber im Kopf nach wie vor topfit und kein wenig eingerostet..

Wobei der Emil auch sehr schöne Haare hat, wenn ich mich recht erinnere..Ist ja nun auch schon wieder fast ein Jahr her..

Habe grade ne Hunderunde gemacht und schöne Herbstdeko eingesammelt (rote Beeren, Erlenzapfen, Eicheln und Nüsse), sowie 4 Rehe gesehen- nur ich hab sie gesehen..die Hunde nicht. Ätsch.
    #41AuthorWaringham (384862) 23 Oct 09, 14:48
    Comment
    easy: Du hast Mail. Nicht traurig sein.

Euch allen einen wunderschönen Freitag und ein tolles Wochenende!
    #42AuthorWaringham (384862) 23 Oct 09, 16:51
    Comment
    Wari, Du hast auch Mail :)
    Mann, Mann, Mann, ich wär auch gern im Wald unterwegs gewesen heute. Na ja, die Sektion war auch schön ;)
    Ich Depp habe das Auge aufgeschnitten mit dem Resultat, dass ich trotz meiner Brille auf einmal Auge im Auge hatte... Spritzt halt schon etwas...

Stimmt, Emil hatte sehr schöne Haare.

So, Wochenende.
    Machts gut, allesamtse
    *RIESENHaufenBussisundHuggselshinterlass*
    #43Authoreasy (238884) 23 Oct 09, 17:15
    Comment
    Ja, hat er - und seine Haare blieben trotzt Regen, "manierlich" :-))

easy, jetzt wo ich es hätte können, ist die Sonne natürlich weg, und wir liegen im dichten Nebel, der sich leider nicht wirklich im Laufe des Tages von dannen macht. Well, thank goodness you had your protective glasses on! And, it's now pouring rain!

I got another two pages of "Schalldämpfer" sent to me, due on Monday, sooooo there goes some of the weekend :-))

Wishing you all a GRAND weekend, and may the SUN come back!!
    #44AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 23 Oct 09, 17:28
    Comment
    Hier leuchtet eine Birne so rot ... ich glaube ich stehe in der Dunkelkammer ...
    #45AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 23 Oct 09, 18:23
    Comment
    Moin!

The day started off dark and dreary, clouds and pea-soup fog blotting out the sun. But THEN, while reading the newspaper, I hit upon "Stellenanzeigen" and could NOT believe my eyes:

Dolmetscherin zum Unterricht gesucht - with an ESW phone number, for a company I had never heard of: DinoParts. Well, I immediately called said number, turns out the owner is looking for someone to tutor one of his employees in English, but more on the basis of getting over his fear of speaking the language, and helping him to understand the various accents he comes across, when talking on the phone/teleconferences. At least twice a week, for several hours per lesson...but the most exciting thing is his line of business (at least to me)....he somehow managed to get all property and marketing rights for classic Italian cars, basically Ferrari - has customers all over the world, and I LOVE classic cars - I might not recognize new models, but somewhere along the line, I've just soaked up all the classic model lines - he does everything from "just" spare parts, on up to completely overhauling/restoring classics...and mentioned in our fairly long conversation, that office work might also be an option - and this guy's just right down the road :-))
    #46AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 24 Oct 09, 13:00
    Comment
    Moin!
    A splendid sunless Saturday to all of you!

Carly, that sounds much more interesting than hydraulics!
    #47AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 24 Oct 09, 17:32
    Comment
    Hi, Emil! Yeah, doesn't it just - I've also been promised a tour of his "Fuhrpark" - as in, all the Ferraris, Jaguars, and such he has "on stock" :-))
    #48AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 24 Oct 09, 17:49
    Comment
    I just got notified that I have the job! He had originally said something about twice a week from 17:00-20:00, but I thought: "Surely, I must have misunderstood" - nope, I didn't. Now, what to do with a 29-year-old man for 2 X 3 hours per week?? :-)) The pay will almost cover my rent, and I'm applying for the extra six months "Sozialabgaben-Zuschuß," which will cover health insurance - now, I just need some steady income to cover feeding Kimmy-cat and myself :-))
    #49AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 25 Oct 09, 17:46
    Comment
    Wow, Carly, great news :) congrats!!!
    #50Authoreasy (238884) 25 Oct 09, 22:37
    Comment
    Thanks, easy! I don't know just how long this income will last, but...you never know what it might lead to. And, my fear of the future is somewhat abated...though Merkel & Co. are doing their utmost to frighten me (us) again. Save the rich, and let the poor pay for it :-))
    #51AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 25 Oct 09, 23:09
    Comment
    Good morning, my dears. Off to the Tierheim now :(
    See you some other time
    *TeeundCroissantsdalass*
    #52Authoreasy (238884) 26 Oct 09, 07:11
    Comment
    Mmh, Tee & Croissants - aber für das Frühstück lasse ich mir ein wenig mehr Zeit.
    Und easy mit dem ersten posting des Tages, noch vor mykl ... was hat denn das zu bedeuten?
    #53AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 26 Oct 09, 08:19
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy monday to one and all. *waves* Can't stay I'm afraid 'work' calls. We've reached the 'busy' part of the year. :(
    #54Authormykl (442296) 26 Oct 09, 09:20
    Comment
    Good morning.

Carly, that's good news!
    #55AuthorWaringham (384862) 26 Oct 09, 10:38
    Comment
    Moin, All!!

Thanks, Wari - yeah!!! He's (the young man) to call me today to discuss the details - probably won't last all that long, but looks good on my application for the further 6 months :-)) Oh, Herriot arrived here on Saturday, and yep - that was my book :-))

Am going to visit my mother tomorrow, will be back on Wednesday. She's making me meat pie....yummy - haven't had that in years!!
    #56AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 26 Oct 09, 10:58
    Comment
    Just had time to read back a bit,. Carly, comgratulations on your 'proper' job *g*, it really sounds like one with a future. *häppysei*
    #57Authormykl (442296) 26 Oct 09, 12:47
    Comment
    Thanks, mykl - It's a start, and might lead to a source of some steady income :-) And even if it doesn't, Ferraris are MUCH MORE exciting than silencers :-))
    #58AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 26 Oct 09, 12:54
    Comment
    ...and Saunas *gg*
    #59Authormykl (442296) 26 Oct 09, 13:28
    Comment
    mykl, Yeah :-)) I gotta get some things done, so I can leave here early tomorrow.

Oh, Another fact to prove that animals do TO think - Since I feel rather silly calling "kitty, kitty, kitty" around midnight, I started shaking my house keys, to which Kimmy quickly reacted - BUT, not only Kimmy...a huge striped tom? cat has recently started arriving on the scene, and would just love to come in and "play"...as in, kick Kimmy out, and take over her cat-food bowls :-)
    #60AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 26 Oct 09, 13:50
    Comment
    *laugh* My friends cat (donny) comes in mornings to the call of his name. Even from me when I'm cat sitting. :)
    #61Authormykl (442296) 26 Oct 09, 13:51
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy tuesday to one and all.
    #62Authormykl (442296) 27 Oct 09, 08:40
    Comment
    Morning all!
    Carly the cat you liked on my Facebook profile was close to being called Bollocks (after the last one in the UK) but somehow my wife didn’t think our neighbours would appreciate us calling it late at night!
    I can attract up to 4 of the cats in the neighbourhood by tapping a spoon against the food bowl, but Cheech (the name we finally choose) recognizes the sound of my motorbike and comes racing towards me as soon as I turn into the street (if anyone is going to run him over it will surely be me).
    #63AuthorVileness fats (241697) 27 Oct 09, 10:02
    Comment
    Moin, my dears...
    gestern wars nur so früh, wie jeden Montag, Dienstag und Donnerstag, weil ich doch ins Tierheim muß ;)
    #64Authoreasy (238884) 27 Oct 09, 10:42
    Comment
    Moin, All! Will be off in just a few minutes - well, depending on whether Kimmy-cat comes running. Had to let her out this morning, because she didn't get her usual nightly romp. Following "supper," she went racing down the stairs, only to stop dead in her tracks, when I opened the door. There was that other cat, wanting to dash in :-))

Yeah, Vf, I once saw the neighbor's lights flash on, when I let out my midnight: Kiiiimmmmmmyyyyyyy, kitty, kitty, kitty :-))
    #65AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 27 Oct 09, 11:16
    Comment
    Hi, there. Fighting with my manuscript. Looks like I will have to finish it all alone, as all the other former co-authors are soooo busy. Well, then it will really be MINE! MY PRECCCCIOUS!
    #66AuthorWaringham (384862) 27 Oct 09, 12:18
    Comment
    Oh, lots of people popping in and out today. Hi Vf, long time no read. Greetings to all t'others too *waves* I don't much like this time of year, too much work and not enough sun/daylight. :(
    #67Authormykl (442296) 27 Oct 09, 12:47
    Comment
    Morning all!
    You say it, mykl.
    #68AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 27 Oct 09, 13:31
    Comment
    Been having a lot of problems with Leo again. :(
    I wish everyone a pleasant evening.
    byyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeee
    #69Authormykl (442296) 27 Oct 09, 16:05
    Comment
    Bye, mykl. Have a wonderful evening and don't let the bastards get you down!
    #70AuthorWaringham (384862) 27 Oct 09, 16:35
    Comment
    Heigh-ho :)
    War gerade komplett spontan im Kine. Die Päpstin. Und ich fands klasse :)))
    Wari, hast Du den nicht auch gesehen?
    #71Authoreasy (238884) 27 Oct 09, 20:59
    Comment
    Hallo, easy!
    Freue mich, dass Dir der Film gefallen hat.
    War's voll?
    #72AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 27 Oct 09, 21:39
    Comment
    Huhu, Emil, nee, gar nicht, war recht leer, aber auch ne frühe Vorstellung, fing ja schon um halb sechs an. Ich glaub, die danach war wesentlich besser besucht.
    #73Authoreasy (238884) 27 Oct 09, 22:00
    Comment
    Ich habe heute so rund um acht ein bisschen fern gesehen ... ungeimpft traut man sich ja bald nirgendwo mehr hin.
    #74AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 27 Oct 09, 22:25
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Wednesday to one and all.
    #75Authormykl (442296) 28 Oct 09, 08:09
    Comment
    Moin!

easy: Das Buch hatte ich vor Urzeiten mal gelesen..Film noch nicht.
    #76AuthorWaringham (384862) 28 Oct 09, 09:49
    Comment
    Morgen :)
    Ach, Emil, Du hast nicht *wirklich* Angst vor der Schweinegrippe, oder? =)

Ach, Wari, ich hab das Buch nie gelesen, dann weiß ich natürlich nicht, ob Dir der Film gefallen würde ;o)
    #77Authoreasy (238884) 28 Oct 09, 10:22
    Comment
    Moin!
    Na ja, ich bin noch nie gegen Grippe geimpft worden und hatte wahrscheinlich nur einmal eine. Muss ich aber nicht wieder haben ...
    #78AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 28 Oct 09, 10:27
    Comment
    Oh? Was sagt denn die Tierärztin zur Schweinegrippe?

Ich habe mich noch nie gegen Grippe impfen lassenund werde mich daher auch nicht gegen Schweinegrippe impfen lassen. An der normalen Grippe sterben mMn jedes Jahr jede Menge Leute in D. An der Schweinegrippe bisher nur eine. Und ich gehöre ja nun auch nicht grade zu einer Risikogruppe...

Wenn man bedenkt, woran man alles eingehen könnte, dürfte man vermutlich das Haus nicht mehr verlassen :)

easy: Kann Dir das Buch gerne leihen..
    #79AuthorWaringham (384862) 28 Oct 09, 10:35
    Comment
    *reinflatter*

Guten Morgen und Grüße rundum! :-)

Wari - Brief letzte Woche erhalten. Danke!!! Antwort kommt noch dieses Jahr... *Wari einstweilen fest drück*

*rausflatter*
    #80AuthorMöwe [de] (534573) 28 Oct 09, 10:39
    Comment
    *mich fest gedrückt fühl*
    Hi-Bye, Flattervogel..
    #81AuthorWaringham (384862) 28 Oct 09, 11:23
    Comment
    *einfachauchmalfestdrück*
    weils so schee is ;o)
    Wari, danke, ich habe immer noch deine 3 Bücher, zu denen ich grad einfach nicht komme :(

Ich halte das Schweinegrippegezeter für Panikmache, die normale Grippe scheint mir auch (noch, kann sich auch ändern) um einiges gefährlicher, und gegen die lass ich mich auch nicht impfen. Grippewellen, auch richtig ricghtig fiese, mit erschreckend vielen Toten, wirds immer geben, das war immer so, und wenn man mit Virologen spricht, wird das auch so bleiben. DAS halte ich noch nicht für so eine Welle. Und die Schweinegrippe an sich ist noch viel zu harmlos, um da jetzt fröhlich ne Impfung in sich reinzujubeln. Meine persönliche Meinung ;o)
    #82Authoreasy (238884) 28 Oct 09, 13:00
    Comment
    greetings everyone, as so. who suffers from Asthma, I'll probably get myself jabbed so that I can continue happily cuddling pigs *gg*
    #83Authormykl (442296) 28 Oct 09, 13:05
    Comment
    sehr schön, myklchen, das hier? *sfg*
    Oh, Carly, vielleicht sollte man als Katzenbesitzer auch Vorsicht walten lassen ;)
    #84Authoreasy (238884) 28 Oct 09, 13:08
    Comment
    *chuckle* Mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm crispy pork *dribble* *g*
    #85Authormykl (442296) 28 Oct 09, 13:12
    Comment
    HAHAHA!
    #86AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 28 Oct 09, 14:07
    Comment
    So people, it's home time again. The sun is shining, the birds are twittering and its 27 degrees in here 'cause our air conditioning has run amok. Byyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeee
    #87Authormykl (442296) 28 Oct 09, 16:00
    Comment
    Bye mykl.
    And a wonderful evening for all of you. Am going to shut down and do some cooking.<3
    #88AuthorWaringham (384862) 28 Oct 09, 17:08
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy thursday to one and all.
    #89Authormykl (442296) 29 Oct 09, 08:22
    Comment
    Moin, Ihr Leute!

Today's gardening day. Dad's acoming round and helping me *froi*
    #90AuthorWaringham (384862) 29 Oct 09, 09:46
    Comment
    Hi Wari, it's about time you got your garden ready for the winter. *g*
    #91Authormykl (442296) 29 Oct 09, 10:06
    Comment
    Well, it IS ready for the winter. There's just some paving left to be done..
    #92AuthorWaringham (384862) 29 Oct 09, 11:03
    Comment
    *ponder * You pave over your garden for winter ??? *g*
    #93Authormykl (442296) 29 Oct 09, 11:15
    Comment
    No, but it would make things a lot easier if I would.
    E.g. the dogs wouldn't be able to dig a huge hole, scatter the soil on the grass (about 3m²) and try to find the mouse when Mommy (i.e. ME) isn't watching ..for 5 minutes..
    I really do love my dogs..I really do love my dogs.. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

PS: What we actually did was a Rasenkante..
    #94AuthorWaringham (384862) 29 Oct 09, 13:16
    Comment
    *laugh* Isn't that one of the purposes of getting a dog...to give you sth to do *fg* :)
    #95Authormykl (442296) 29 Oct 09, 13:51
    Comment
    Moin!
    Es ist ja unvorstellbar, wieviele Bilder zum Thema garden paving und rasenkante im Netz stehen! Da gibt es ja "Kanten", auf denen sich zwei Rasenmäher begegnen können!
    Und was ist, wenn die Hunde die Steine ausgraben?
    #96AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 29 Oct 09, 14:06
    Comment
    Thank goodness it's hometime. I wish everyone a pleasant evening. Byyyyyyeeeeeeee
    #97Authormykl (442296) 29 Oct 09, 16:12
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy friday to one and all.
    #98Authormykl (442296) 30 Oct 09, 07:26
    Comment
    Good morning, my dears, hello myklchen, up early again?
    Busy week, I should be getting used to it, I suppose ;)
    Television team in the house again today. So not sure if I'll bve able to drop in. If not: Blessed Samhain to everyone, we'll have to meet somtime soon again...
    #99Authoreasy (238884) 30 Oct 09, 09:44
    Comment
    Hi Isi, *bussi* thanks for the blessing, I need all the help I can get - in general :)
    #100Authormykl (442296) 30 Oct 09, 09:46
    Comment
    Don't we all?
    *bussiback*
    *scuttlingoffnow*
    #101Authoreasy (238884) 30 Oct 09, 09:54
    Comment
    Bye Isi, don't work toooooooooooooooo hard. Save some for the next life. *g*
    #102Authormykl (442296) 30 Oct 09, 09:57
    Comment
    Hallo allerseits!
    Jetzt werden die Farben draußen ja doch recht herbstlich - da wünsche ich uns allen etwas Sonne am Wochenende und darüber hinaus (auch für das nächste Leben ...).
    #103AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 30 Oct 09, 12:26
    Comment
    Hi Emil, yep, the sun's finally arrived in my little bit of NRW and the colours are great.
    #104Authormykl (442296) 30 Oct 09, 13:12
    Comment
    Wie schön, mykl!
    Dann gibt es ja auch noch Hoffnung für meine Region.
    #105AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 30 Oct 09, 13:19
    Comment
    Moin, All!

When I left here Tuesday, the trees were still basically "green," apart from a splotch of orangy red, here and there. But, by the time I got to Bad Hersfeld, autumn had arrived - absolutely breath-taking beautiful!!!

Emil, zwischenzeitlich ist die Farbpracht hier auch angekommen - also noch 1-2 Tage, und dann muß es über die Grenze auch angelangt sein.

Am worried sick - Kimmy left the house at about 20:30 yesterday evening, and hasn't come back. I keep calling, shaking keys, ect., but NO cat :-(((
    #106AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 30 Oct 09, 13:28
    Comment
    Hi Carly, it's a cat thing, I'm sure he'll turn up again. He knows who 'mummy' is.
    #107Authormykl (442296) 30 Oct 09, 13:31
    Comment
    So people, I've reached weekend, which is similar to nirvana, but easier. Have a super w/e.
    #108Authormykl (442296) 30 Oct 09, 13:53
    Comment
    Wishing you a nice weekend, too, mykl - And a Happy Halloween :-)

Yeah, but my Kimmy has always turned up by breakfast time, at the latest - except for her first time out and about. However, the huge tabby is also NOT reacting to my key shakes, sooooooo....I know I'm much more worried about her, than she is about me :-))
    #109AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 30 Oct 09, 13:55
    Comment
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. No, I don't have sweets for Trick or Treat..This is not the US. Come to me on Matten Meeren, and there'll be lots of sweets to be taken!

related discussion: Martinstag - #19
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martinisingen

And happy Samhain!

And I do hope Kimmy-Cat turns up again after a hot time with tabby-boy..Although she's neutered, why shouldn't she have some fun?! :)
    #110AuthorWaringham (384862) 30 Oct 09, 15:36
    Comment
    Kimmy-Cat is back safe and sound - I sure do wish she'd tell me all about where she's been, and what she was up to!!

Wari, I started celebrating Halloween with my children from their very first one, on :-)) Back then, there was naturally nothing in the way of Halloween decorations, not even a pumpkin - I special-ordered one at the farmer's market each year :-) Had purchased some decorations (which I still have 30-odd years later) - decorated my house, carved pumpkin, got some American Halloween candy each year from my Mommy, and then served the most American thing I could find here in Germany way back when - bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, corn and french fries - apple juice to drink. Had scary music in the background from the daily soap "Dark Shadows" (all about werewolves, witches, vampires, ect :->)) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Shadows That particular LP got lost a few years ago, though I have NO idea how - since I only played it on Halloween :-)
    #111AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 30 Oct 09, 17:09
    Comment
    Good to hear that, Carly! But you shouldn't be so nosy.
    And if you knew, would you understand? Cats are so, so ... eh ... different.

I have seen some 1500 or so cranes this afternoon - I don't think I ever saw that many before within a few hours!
    #112AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 31 Oct 09, 00:34
    Comment
    Hi, All!

WOW, Emil!! Wish I had seen them!! Got back from my son's today, just in time to see (and HEAR) four separate flocks of wild geese flying over my house, heading towards the Hohe Meißner - went out on the balcony to get a better view, and heard "poor" Kimmy-cat scared half-to-death meowing oh so pitifully: Mommy, come and rescue me :-))
    #113AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 01 Nov 09, 16:26
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy monday to one and all. Not a happy teddy bear at the moment, it took over two and a half hours to get things moving.
    #114Authormykl (442296) 02 Nov 09, 09:22
    Comment
    Moin!
    Poor little teddy bear *pats head*
    #115AuthorWaringham (384862) 02 Nov 09, 09:46
    Comment
    Moin!

Also pats poor Teddy Bear's head :-)

Did my good deed for the day, though Kimmy probably doesn't think so...left the house to go grocery shopping, saw Kimmy at the door quite focussed on catching what I first thought might be a fly, spider, ect., until I heard the most pitiful squeaks...she was at the "playing" stage with a poor baby mouse. After several failed rescue attempts (her picking the poor thing up by its tail and darting off), I managed to softly pick it up with my grocery bag and carried it off to the overgrown garden across the street. Kimmy still sniffing the ground, wondering "Where'd it go???" :-)
    #116AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 02 Nov 09, 12:42
    Comment
    Hi Carly and Wari, *waves* it's been a horrible day so far (thank goodness only an hour to go) we've got some serious communications problems between differing parts of the system and no logical explanation. So now we're going through all the illogical possibilities. They all begin with "What if..."
    #117Authormykl (442296) 02 Nov 09, 13:01
    Comment
    Hello!
    A very happy dull day to everyone!
    going through all the illogical possibilities - Wie kreativ solche Systeme sein können, wenn es darum geht, Fehler zu produzieren!
    #118AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 02 Nov 09, 13:40
    Comment
    Hi Emil *waves* our mainframes can do the impossible immeadiately, without any help from smoke or mirrors. :( Computers don't/can't make mistakes, that's what programmers are for. *g*
    #119Authormykl (442296) 02 Nov 09, 13:45
    Comment
    So people, I get to go home again. I wish everyone a pleasant evening/afternoon.
    #120Authormykl (442296) 02 Nov 09, 13:55
    Comment
    Wishing you the same, mykl!

I think it was 1995 when I got my very first so-called "home PC" (they hadn't been on the market all that long), and had Windows 2.0 running + the first Word version (upgraded from Word Perfect). Well, was translating some file that had many graphics, ect. and back then. you had little "Arbeitsspeicher" The system crashed without warning, before I could store changes (had deactivated automatic backup, because of Arbeitsspeicher thingy). Got the followin message:

WinWord verursachte ein nicht vorhandener Fehler :-))
    #121AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 02 Nov 09, 16:12
    Comment
    Hallo Carly,
    ich glaube, an die Meldung erinnere ich mich auch noch.
    Aber ich sagte ja schon: kreativ!
    #122AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 02 Nov 09, 17:54
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy tuesday to one and all.
    #123Authormykl (442296) 03 Nov 09, 06:13
    Comment
    Moin!
    Hoffentlich hast Du heute einen entspannteren Tag als gestern, mykl.
    #124AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 03 Nov 09, 09:55
    Comment
    Moin Emil, *waves* yes, thank goodness, Even after 20 years the system is still good for the one or other 'surprise'.
    #125Authormykl (442296) 03 Nov 09, 09:57
    Comment
    Hast Du heute wieder um 14:00 Uhr Schluss, mykl?
    Ich werde bis dahin wohl nicht wieder zum Netz zurückkommen.
    Deshalb wünsche ich schon jetzt einen schönen Feierabend!
    #126AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 03 Nov 09, 12:34
    Comment
    Thanks Emil, yep at 2pm-ish I'll be on my bike on my way home...yahoo :)
    #127Authormykl (442296) 03 Nov 09, 12:36
    Comment
    So! That's me done for another day.
    Byyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee
    #128Authormykl (442296) 03 Nov 09, 13:57
    Comment
    Hi, All! Well, looks like I missed everbody, as I was at the beauty parlor getting de-grayed :-)) Up to a few minutes ago, we had SUN! Wish it would stick around for a bit...
    #129AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 03 Nov 09, 15:13
    Comment
    Hellooooo-ho, I'm here now :)
    #130Authoreasy (238884) 03 Nov 09, 15:24
    Comment
    Hi easy!!! Hope I get a chance to finally write you on the weekend! Am already lined up to baby/dog-sit on Friday, most likely entailing spending the night. Then I wanted to go to a concert on Saturday, but that still leaves Sunday :-) Now I've got to get ready for the Ferrari guy coming for English lessons - plus get some food into my body, since he arrives at 6 and is here till 8, which really "upsets" my biologically engrained eating rhythm (at 19:30, my usual hour :-))
    #131AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 03 Nov 09, 15:36
    Comment
    Hi Carly :)
    Well, if you find the time... =) I do like getting nice mail :)))
    #132Authoreasy (238884) 03 Nov 09, 17:03
    Comment
    One last post, and then I'll call it a night...my Ferrari guy was talking about his day in English, and mentioned his boss "Jörg" - but called him Jerk :-)))
    #133AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 03 Nov 09, 23:34
    Comment
    Carly, wie indiskret!

Gestern abend habe ich das hier auf YouTube entdeckt.
    Kann jemand damit etwas anfangen?

The United States of America - Hard Coming Love
    The United States of America - The garden of earthly delights
    The United States Of America - The American Metaphysical Circus

Die erste Seite der einzigen Platte, die diese Gruppe aufgenommen hat, finde ich immer noch ganz gut.

#134AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 04 Nov 09, 00:42
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy wednesday to one and all.
    #135Authormykl (442296) 04 Nov 09, 06:53
    Comment
    Good morning, everybody. Nachbehandeling :)
    #136Authoreasy (238884) 04 Nov 09, 09:57
    Comment
    Moin Isi *buusi* I would have been surprised to read anbything else. *gg* Did you have a green 'stripe' put into your hair ???
    #137Authormykl (442296) 04 Nov 09, 10:33
    Comment
    *bussiback*
    no, not yet. Ich komm nicht in die Stadt, um Farbe zu kaufen... But I will :)
    #138Authoreasy (238884) 04 Nov 09, 10:53
    Comment
    Hi, All!

Nee, Emil - habe noch nie etwas von denen gehört - sounds rather like they're on a permanent LSD trip :-))
    #139AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 04 Nov 09, 11:34
    Comment
    Hi Carly *waves* you could use that definition for a lot of groups. *g*

So people, it's time to head towards the couch again. I wish everyone a pleasant day.
    Byyyeeeeeeee
    #140Authormykl (442296) 04 Nov 09, 13:51
    Comment
    Hi-bye everybody. Was in bed all day, fighting a cold. So, I finished easy's vet stories.. Don't know on which book to start next!? Feeling a little better right now, need to be "fit" tomorrow. Have a pleasant evening!
    #141AuthorWaringham (384862) 04 Nov 09, 17:19
    Comment
    Hi all!
    Haltet die Ohren steif, Waringham!
    #142AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 04 Nov 09, 17:33
    Comment
    Wai, ich schreib Dir mal schnell ne E-Mail...
    #143Authoreasy (238884) 04 Nov 09, 18:32
    Comment
    Gute Besserung, Wari!!
    #144AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 04 Nov 09, 18:35
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy thursday to one and all. Wari, hope you're feeling better today.
    #145Authormykl (442296) 05 Nov 09, 06:13
    Comment
    Moin!

What an ungodly hour to start working, mykl :-))

They finally finished the roof on the neighbor's house, and I had one whole day of relative silence in the country - now, people are moving in downstairs and for the past three days: BANG; BANG!! KNOCK! BANG!! Going crazy - these walls are paper-thin and you could practically hear a pin drop - plus, they produce an extreme echoing effect...
    #146AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Nov 09, 11:33
    Comment
    Hi Carly *waves* that's not half as ungodly as the 4:30 when I have to get up to get here at that ungodly time :( You were planning on moving from 'your' mountain at some time in the near future anyway - oder ?
    #147Authormykl (442296) 05 Nov 09, 11:47
    Comment
    OMG! That is NOT my time of the morning :-)) Yeah, I was planning on moving, but then I lost my job...here I rent the beautiful kitchen, too, and moving would most likely entail buying a kitchen, which I cannot currently afford. Will stick it out till spring, and then hope another appartment will come along.
    #148AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Nov 09, 11:55
    Comment
    Spring is the near future - in my vocabulary. :)
    So, it's time for me to go home again. I wish everyone a pleasant rest of the day.
    #149Authormykl (442296) 05 Nov 09, 13:46
    Comment
    Byyyeeee, mykl !! Yeah, it's the near future in mine, too - but up here on this lonely mountain, more like an eternity :-)
    #150AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Nov 09, 14:06
    Comment
    Ein nächtliches HuHuu!
    Nur damit ich es nicht vergesse (und als Ausgleich für #134) wollte ich schnell noch ein Stückchen Musik deponieren ...
    Rory Gallagher - I Fall Apart
    ... hat nichts mit meinem Gemütszustand zu tun. I'm perfectly composed. Finde ich nur gut ...
    #151AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 06 Nov 09, 01:52
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Friday to one and all. Glad to hear you're not falling apart Emil, but when you posted that I'd been 5 hours in bed. *g*
    #152Authormykl (442296) 06 Nov 09, 06:27
    Comment
    Moin, All!!

Emil, I can always do with a good dose of Rory Gallagher :-))

Have fallen apart a couple of times in my life, but always managed to piece myself back together - now I wondered whether the government is going to leave me with enough money to purchase some glue, should it ever happen again :-))
    #153AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 06 Nov 09, 10:32
    Comment
    G'day Carly *waves* if the Govt. does leave you enough....then the EU will claim it. *g*
    #154Authormykl (442296) 06 Nov 09, 10:35
    Comment
    Right, mykl!! I get so sick and tired of hearing: Wir müssen sparen, deshalb erhöhen wir was-auch-immer - don't you wish you could "save" in the same manner - go to your company and state: Well, why do I demand this pay raise?? Because I have to initiate drastic saving measures! And the company answers: Well, OK - here's another 150 euros per month!
    #155AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 06 Nov 09, 10:52
    Comment
    I'd almost be willing to kill for 150 euros. My wages have risen by 23 Euros since 1999 :(
    #156Authormykl (442296) 06 Nov 09, 11:12
    Comment
    mykl, Isn't that against the law, somehow, somewhere??? Sounds illegal to me!!
    #157AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 06 Nov 09, 11:24
    Comment
    What ?? To kill someone ?? or not get pay rises ?? *gg*
    #158Authormykl (442296) 06 Nov 09, 11:31
    Comment
    I hadn't even thought about the "kill" bit - but would argue it was done in self-defense, because said company is commiting on-going hate crimes!! Am on an inner rampage right now, because I just found out yesterday that TÜV /AU now costs nigh onto 100 F****** Euros - and they aren't held liable should my engine NOT survive AU (let alone, me surving EU :-)
    #159AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 06 Nov 09, 11:40
    Comment
    Hi hi, cars are expensive, which is the reason I've 'only' got a pushbike. I'm off now for my weekend , have a super weekend Carly (and the others) and I'll see you again next week.
    #160Authormykl (442296) 06 Nov 09, 11:47
    Comment
    Byeeee, mykl - Same to you! A bike is NOT an option up here on the mountain - I'd go stir crazy within minutes :-))
    #161AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 06 Nov 09, 11:49
    Comment
    Moin allerseits!
    Und ein schönes Wochende, mykl!
    #162AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 06 Nov 09, 12:13
    Comment
    Huhu,
    vermutlich niemand mehr da, aber das hier ist zu gut, um es nicht zu teilen ;)
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1... gibt schon lustige Forschungen. Die Pinguinarbeit hatte ich schonmal gepostet, oder?
    http://www.meyer-rochow.com/penguin.pdf
    #163Authoreasy (238884) 06 Nov 09, 15:45
    Comment
    Hi easy!!! Dein 1. Link funktionierte für mich nicht :-(( The one about the penguins reminds me of a research paper I translated on wolf feces :-))
    #164AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 06 Nov 09, 16:03
    Comment
    #165Authoreasy (238884) 06 Nov 09, 16:16
    Comment
    :-))) I bet you a million dollars, that it was a MAN who came up with this, and one who wanted to convince his girlfriend/wife :-))
    #166AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 06 Nov 09, 16:43
    Comment
    Mir stellen sich da einige Fragen... ;)
    Eine davon: Wenn man so gelenkig ist, warum überhaupt...? Aber egal ;o)
    #167Authoreasy (238884) 06 Nov 09, 17:05
    Comment
    What I didn't "get" was this bit: Males never withdrew their penis when it was licked by the mating partner According to the rest of this article, they would NEVER "unlock" :-)))
    #168AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 06 Nov 09, 17:17
    Comment
    :)))
    #169Authoreasy (238884) 06 Nov 09, 17:30
    Comment
    Hello, everybody!
    Have a nice weekend.
    I will be away from the web until Tuesday at least.
    See you then.
    #170AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 07 Nov 09, 14:04
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy monday to one and all. I've got a 'suitable' penguin link...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hqXELvCTjoc/SCAIaxw...
    #171Authormykl (442296) 09 Nov 09, 08:25
    Comment
    Moin!

It's gonna be a busy day, out with the dogs, vet, shopping..
    *leaves pile of hugs and kisses*
    #172AuthorWaringham (384862) 09 Nov 09, 08:48
    Comment
    Moin Wari, don't overdo things *g*
    *pile now one hug an' kiss smaller*
    #173Authormykl (442296) 09 Nov 09, 09:31
    Comment
    Moin!

That was hilarious, mykl :-)))

Miserable weather here - and two schools closed, because supposedly 3 students are down with the swine flu...the day after said report, about 500 teens were kept home, because of both their fear, and that of their parents. And what really ticks me off: my granddaughter's school had a 1.5 hour "presentation" on swine flu, how to combat it, symptoms, ect. for the 1st - 4th graders. She has a very caring nature, got a headache/stomach ache - was sent home, called me to say: Oma, ich versuche etwas zu zeichnen, es funktioniert einfach nicht, ich krieg's nicht hin - wie kann ich es machen? Me: Was möchtest du zeichnen? Ja, etwas gegen die Schweinegrippe, etwas womit man sich einfach wäscht, und niemand es bekommt...To my mind, it is totally irresponsible scaring children half-to-death in this manner.
    #174AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 09 Nov 09, 12:18
    Comment
    Hi Carly, they've ordered 50 million of these Impstoffe, so you'd better jolly well use them. I think a lot of the 'hype' is artificial, but if 10 million get the 'bug' we'll all change our minds pretty quickly.
    #175Authormykl (442296) 09 Nov 09, 12:43
    Comment
    Right, mykl - but "grippale Infekte" crop up every year about this time, where many people fall sick. In the past, however, they haven't gone to these extremes with scare tactics, closing schools, ect. On the one hand, "swine flu" is supposedly oh so mild, on the other - well, we haven't really tested the immunizations, ordered different ones for us politicians, you all go ahead and get a mercury-loaded shot...really does make you question things.
    #176AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 09 Nov 09, 12:51
    Comment
    Carly, any infection that has 'crossed over' from animals to humans is potentially 'deadly' 'cause we haven't the immunity from it. Take AIDS for instance...
    #177Authormykl (442296) 09 Nov 09, 13:02
    Comment
    So, time for me to go home again. Happy evening everyone.
    #178Authormykl (442296) 09 Nov 09, 16:31
    Comment
    Bye, mykl - You poor honey, it's pouring rain here - hope your trip is a dry one!!
    #179AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 09 Nov 09, 16:39
    Comment
    Hello m'dears.
    Guess what: Ich bin ne Woche krank geschrieben. Mit Rüsselseuche welcher Art auch immer. Aber mit der Schweinegrippehysterie muß ich jetzt zum Glück daheim bleiben, was mir sehr recht ist, mir gehts nämlich echt besch...eiden
    *mitMundschutzBussisverteil;o)*
    #180Authoreasy (238884) 09 Nov 09, 16:46
    Comment
    achhhhh, easy - hope you have enough groceries at home, as in tea, honey, something light to eat...poor baby! And here I've been poking fun at the swine flu hysteria - feel guilty as all heck!! Gute Besserung!!
    #181AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 09 Nov 09, 17:08
    Comment
    Awwww, Carly, thanks, no worries. I don't believe it's the swine flu (I'm not grunting yet ^^) I just feel quite poorly. Yep, have heaps of honey, ginger, herbal teas, and fortunately no sense of taste so I can actually drink that stuff *ggg*

edit:Wenigstens komm ich so mal in den Genuss des Deutschen Fernsehprogramms fürs Volk... GÄHN!

Ach, guck mal einer an. Die Leiterin vom Tierheim Stuttgart bei Menschen Tiere und doktoren. die kenn ich :)
    #182Authoreasy (238884) 09 Nov 09, 17:24
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy tuesday to one and all. Isi, I hope that you're well enough to 'appreciate' your week at home. Get well soon.
    #183Authormykl (442296) 10 Nov 09, 08:14
    Comment
    Moin!

Easy: get well soon and try to enjoy your week home. Stay in bed, read a lot..
    #184AuthorWaringham (384862) 10 Nov 09, 10:39
    Comment
    Moin Wari *waves* it's grey wet and miserable weather here too.
    #185Authormykl (442296) 10 Nov 09, 10:48
    Comment
    hi folks
    thanks :) I am sort of enjoying not having to get up. There is so much literature stuff I COULD do that I don't even start because I havent got enough time ;o)
    #186Authoreasy (238884) 10 Nov 09, 12:27
    Comment
    literature stuff sounds like work Isi, try sth. a little bit lighter. :)
    #187Authormykl (442296) 10 Nov 09, 12:33
    Comment
    hmmmmmmmmmm... ok, maybe: Pathobericht Korrektur lesen? ;o)
    No worries, myklchen, I sleep a lot, too, and drink herbal teas and die in between...
    #188Authoreasy (238884) 10 Nov 09, 12:40
    Comment
    Puh ! No need to go home to sleep, I get PAID for doing that here. *gg*
    #189Authormykl (442296) 10 Nov 09, 12:44
    Comment
    tee-hee :)
    Mein Brüderchen hat mir einen Cartoon geschickt, den ich leider nicht im Internet finde, woe die ganze Winnie-Pooh-Liga mit Mundschutz bekleidet Piglet auf ein Floß verfrachtet und wegschupst :)
    Ich muß jetzt dieses Haus verlassen, weil ich zum Briefkasten muß, um meine Krankmeldung wegzuschicken :( So'n Scheiß. Ich MAG nicht aufstehen, mich anziehen und raus gehen *hoil*
    #190Authoreasy (238884) 10 Nov 09, 12:58
    Comment
    Weiterhin GUTE BESSERUNG, easy!!! And take it EASY, honey!!

Everybody has probably already left for home/mail box, leaving me here on my lonesome - did not stand a chance of popping in here until this very minute - I had a new translation on my virtual desk this morning (3 pages, milling, due Thursday), before I could start in on it, had to clarify some things about yesterday's, did that - then my former boss called, in an extremely talkative mood, and called again and again - then my son, who's now going to blame ME should he NOT get immunized, and then "verrecken" as he so bluntly put it (he's gone a complete reverse on this subject). No sooner had I calmed him down, than I got a call from the hydraulics company with a "can you translate what I'm about to send you within the next hour" request - since he is now basically the head of the German side of the new company (they have been sold), well...aber selbstverständlich schaffe ich das Herr X :-))

And to top it all off, while working on the first job, which is rather similiar to the 77-page milling thingy, I found I not only had overlooked a typo in it, BUT also a WHOLE sentence....*shame*
    #191AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 10 Nov 09, 14:42
    Comment
    Hi Carly, *waves* don't get youself in a tizz. One thing at a time. :)
    #192Authormykl (442296) 10 Nov 09, 14:55
    Comment
    *wildlywave* HIII, mykl! You're still around?? Well, normally I'm an accomplished "multi-tasker" - but this all was a bit much :-)
    #193AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 10 Nov 09, 15:01
    Comment
    I can't multi-task .( If I try to concentrate on too many things at once I stop breathing or fall over. *gg*
    #194Authormykl (442296) 10 Nov 09, 15:25
    Comment
    :-))) I once read that "mult-tasking" is a female domain :-)) But then, you just disproved this theory, as you managed to run your machine, answer my question, post here :-))
    #195AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 10 Nov 09, 15:37
    Comment
    But that's after each other, not at the same time. *g*
    #196Authormykl (442296) 10 Nov 09, 15:51
    Comment
    Home time ! I wish everybody a pleasant evening. Till the morn.
    Byyyeeeeeeeeee
    #197Authormykl (442296) 10 Nov 09, 16:37
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Wednesday to one and all.
    #198Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 08:08
    Comment
    Moin. It isn't a happy Wednesday here in Hannover.. Still trying to figure out what really happened. At least, he was only about half a year older than me..
    #199AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 09:58
    Comment
    Moin Wari, *waves* I'm afraid I enjoy living far too much to ever understand why someone would want to do that.
    #200Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 10:03
    Comment
    Me too.. And he has a wife and a little (adopted) daughter.. Guess there's more than we know yet. Perhaps he was badly ill? But I still do think it's egoistic and kind of coward.. And that something he never was.. So: why?

Sorry to bother you with this, but it really touches me..Couldn't sleep this night.. Thoughts revolving around the why.. Hubby doesn't understand why I'm bothering that much about a person I didn't even know..
    #201AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 10:10
    Comment
    Hmm, my girlfriend has the same worries and I'm firmly on the side of your hubby. If you try to shoulder/understand the worries of the world you're heading for a breakdown. I'm a firm believer of keeping my worries to things that involve me and the ones that I love. The rest of the world are 'players' on the same stage, but not for me to judge/worry about what or why they do sth.
    #202Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 10:20
    Comment
    Well, I usually don't tend to worry about things apart from my own or those I love/like.. But somehow.. Anyway, we'll get to know as soon as anybody else..

Something else: You've got a girlfriend? *quietsch*
    Why didn't you tell us? What is she like?
    *neugierig sei*
    #203AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 10:22
    Comment
    Err....ähmm...cough, you've already met her :)
    *deliberatly building up the tension*
    #204Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 10:34
    Comment
    Aha..
    *vielsagend guck*
    #205AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 10:37
    Comment
    A flower that you met last year in Unna.
    #206Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 10:39
    Comment
    #207AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 10:42
    Comment
    Yep, we're happy about it too :))
    #208Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 10:44
    Comment
    :)
    #209AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 10:48
    Comment
    Moin, All!!

mykl, I've been asking myself that (who??) ever since our Woodstock Revival weekend - WOW!!

Wari, I hear you on the shock/worrying...his poor wife.
    #210AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 11 Nov 09, 10:50
    Comment
    what? Flower as in DAISY?
    *ka-doink*
    myklchchen und daisy
    *froi*
    *ka-doink*

Hi guys, THAT's good news, certainly. Warichen, did you get my mail?

I'll refrain from saying how I feel about suicide... If life feels unbearable I don't think you worry oo much about being egoistic.

My leaky proboscis is not getting better yet AND I'm developing bronchitis :( I had planned on going to Gera this weekend (AGARK-Tagung) and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll have to cancel it.
    Auch wenn es stimmt, dass eine belastbare Immunität nur über eine gute Durchseuchung des Bestandes erreicht wird, will ich nicht dafür verantwortlich sein, sämtliche Reptilientierärzte Deutschlands vorübergehend aus dem Verkehr gezogen zu haben ;)
    #211Authoreasy (238884) 11 Nov 09, 10:51
    Comment
    Mornin Isi and Carly *waves*
    Thanks peoples *blushes a bit*
    Can you pass on a cold/infection to reptiles Isi ??
    #212Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 10:58
    Comment
    Talk about girlfriends and they all come running in..

Yes, easy, I've gotten your mail. Thanks a lot!
    #213AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 11:10
    Comment
    Also, Viren kann man eher nicht übertragen, gewisse Bakterien, Pilze und Parasiten schon, aber dann ist der Weg doch eher meistens andersherum (von Reptil auf Mensch), z.B. Salmonellen und Mykobakterien, Pentastomiden... aber ich bin ja auch ganz isoliert daheim gerade, kein bisschen Reptil um mich rum :(((
    #214Authoreasy (238884) 11 Nov 09, 11:11
    Comment
    Talk about girlfriends and they all come running in..

tee-hee, too true :)
    #215Authoreasy (238884) 11 Nov 09, 11:12
    Comment
    Poor(ly) Isi, you'll be back on your feet and back with your cold blooded friends. :)

MiPau !!
    #216Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 11:17
    Comment
    gröööööööl
    Danke, myklchen, genauso lieg ich grad da... Mit fiesem Ingwer-Lindenblüten-Thymian-Spitzwegerichtee mit yikes HONIG :-P in der Hand.
    fiderfärtig!
    ach herrje, es ist der 11.11. ...
    #217Authoreasy (238884) 11 Nov 09, 11:22
    Comment
    *kurzdurchblüh* *allefreudigbewink*

Wari, auch wenn ich nicht aus Hannover und auch nicht Fan der 96er bin, hat mich die Nachricht schockiert und entsetzt. Auch ich frage mich ständig nach dem Warum? Eben habe ich im Radio gehört, er soll einen Abschiedsbrief hinterlassen haben.
    #218Authordaisy. (253594) 11 Nov 09, 13:07
    Comment
    Oh, a visiting Schatz, hi luv. *beam*
    #219Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 13:17
    Comment
    Hi back, luv. Yes, I thought I'd pay you a visit. :-)
    #220Authordaisy. (253594) 11 Nov 09, 13:20
    Comment
    Hi, daisy. Great "news" about you and our myklchen..! Ich freu mich für Euch!!

re Robert Enke..Ich denke mal, da steckt noch mehr dahinter..im Radio sagen sie, er war depressiv.. keine Ahnung, wie sich das anfühlt, zum Glück. Mal schlecht drauf sein, klar..Aber eine Depression..Möchte ich nicht haben. Der Abschiedsbrief hilft ja hoffentlich seiner Frau ein Stück weit.. Die tut mir echt leid..
    #221AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 14:39
    Comment
    Danke Wari. Wir freuen uns auch. Hat aber auch lange gedauert.

Das mit den Depressionen habe ich auch gehört und ich kann (leider) mitreden. Warum hat er sich bloß nicht in einer Klinik helfen lassen?
    Nach meinem burnout im Januar habe ich auch Depressionen und Zukunftsängste bekommen. Ich kann nur sagen, ich bin durch die Hölle gegangen. Das gönne ich meinem ärgsten Feind nicht.

Trotz Antidepressiva hat die ambulante Therapie nicht ausgereicht und ich habe mich schweren Herzens (davon kann mykl ein Lied singen) in die Klinik gewagt. Voller Ängste, was da auf mich zukommt.

Es hat mir unendlich gut getan. Tja, mehr kann ich dazu auch nicht sagen, außer dass ich für ihn und seine Familie/Freunde/Fußballkollegen traurig bin.

Eben kam übrigens die Meldung, dass das Länderspiel kommenden Samstag abgesagt wurde.

PS. Es muss nicht mehr dahinterstecken. Die Depression reicht. :(
    #222Authordaisy. (253594) 11 Nov 09, 14:50
    Comment
    Sneaky Schatz. I thought you'd gone off to the couch *gg*
    #223Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 14:53
    Comment
    No, I played Moorhuhn, darling. *gg* And you can't do that and chat.

But NOW I'm moving to the armchair. *chuckle*

Achja, noch was zu den Depressionen. Hinter denen steckt natürlich mehr und genau das versucht man in einer stationären Behandlung herauszufinden und zu behandeln.
    #224Authordaisy. (253594) 11 Nov 09, 14:56
    Comment
    Hat aber auch lange gedauert *snief* I was kissing as fast as I could *g*
    #225Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 14:58
    Comment
    Hm..stör ich?

Mit "mehr dahinter" meine ich ja eben die Depression. Das war bis zur Pressekonferenz noch gar nicht bekannt, weil er immer so stark und selbstbewusst rüberkam..

Hoffe, Du kommst mittlerweile gut klar, daisy?! *hug*
    #226AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 15:05
    Comment
    Nope, I think that she's really gone to her armchair this time.
    #227Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 15:10
    Comment
    Hi daisy!! Now I know it was you with whom mykl could NOT resist talking to, even though the music at Woodstock was oh so tempting :-))

32 years ago today, I got married - two children and excrutiating mental abuse later, I, too, had what might have been the initial step towards suicide - thoughts such as "I might as well be dead" - BUT, my children and their well-being gave me the strength to pull what little bit of me my husband hadn't managed to destroy, up out of the dark hole of depression.

My heart really goes out to his wife.
    #228AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 11 Nov 09, 15:38
    Comment
    So people, it's home time again. I won't be back 'in' until Monday, I'm going to visit my flower Schatz for a long weekend *hüpf hüpf* I wish everyone a pleasant evening/weekend.
    Byyyyeeeee
    #229Authormykl (442296) 11 Nov 09, 16:05
    Comment
    myklchen, daisy, have heaps of fun and don't be good ;o)

Yep, von Depressionen und Happy Pills kann ich auch ein Liedchen singen... Zum Glück momentan nicht. Das muß ich echt nicht nochmal haben.
    Aber sich vor nen zug schmeißen, nee... also, da muß die Verzweifelung echt schon SEHR groß sein :(
    #230Authoreasy (238884) 11 Nov 09, 16:48
    Comment
    Yeah, wishing you two a GRAND weekend...to me: NOW, we know why mykl attended sooooooo many LEO-Treffs in that Flower's particular region :-)))
    #231AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 11 Nov 09, 16:59
    Comment
    Bye, myklchen.. You and daisy have a wonderful weekend! Weather's good for nothing but staying at home and trying to wreak that armchair of yours! Don't be good! ©easy

Have a wonderful evening, all of you. Don't be sad, the world's better than it may look at one moment!
    #232AuthorWaringham (384862) 11 Nov 09, 17:03
    Comment
    Well..erm..quiet and empty here. Hope you are all way and enjoying your life as good as you can!
    #233AuthorWaringham (384862) 12 Nov 09, 19:27
    Comment
    Hi Wari (and anyone else who might stop by),

Have been up to my ears in translations, one more to go - plus, Mr. Ferarri was here from 18 - 20:00. Hope you are doing OK - horrible weather we had today, though when I first got up, looked like it was going to be sunny - yeah, it was, for 3-4 minutes :-))
    #234AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 12 Nov 09, 21:32
    Comment
    Moin!
    Die lokale Tageszeitung druckt jeden Tag ein Zitat ab. Gestern hieß es:
    Was wären die Menschen ohne die Frauen? Rar, sehr rar.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Das kam mir doch sehr bekannt vor.
    Hat hier nicht schon einmal jemand einen ganz ähnlichen Satz von DEATH gepostet?
    #235AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 13 Nov 09, 10:28
    Comment
    Moin!

Stimmt:
    'And what would humans be without love?'
    RARE, said Death.
    (Sourcery, pg 9)

Gut geklaut ;)

Ich höre zur Zeit das Audiobook zu Interesting Times:
    According to the philosopher Ly Tin Weedle, chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.

Das erklärt einiges..z.B. den Zustand meines Schreibtisches..
    #236AuthorWaringham (384862) 13 Nov 09, 10:42
    Comment
    Carly: Du hast Mail..
    #237AuthorWaringham (384862) 13 Nov 09, 11:44
    Comment
    Hi Wari,
    Got your Mehl - will check over the weekend (hopefully :-))

Need to vent - am soooooooo aggravated!! Just finished the software bits for the milling machine, but had some questions, called my contact (different one than for the instruction manuals). Asked whether he could spare me about 15 minutes: Ich dachte, Sie hätten heute morgen bereits geliefert. Jetzt is ganz schlecht, Frau Carly. Me: Would you like me to send it to you now, you read it through and then get back to me should you have any questions. HE: Wir verteilen doch Übersetzungsaufträge, damit sie in der jeweilige Sprache (ohne NACHFRAGE) korrekt übersetzt werden, und wir NICHT nachlesen müssen. Blah blah blah. I kept my cool, since you don't want to YELL at a customer, but said: Herr X, Sie müssen mich aber auch verstehen - wenn ich nicht nachfrage, bekommen Sie genau solche schlechte Übersetzungen wie Sie in der Vergangenheit erhalten und bemängelt habe. Ich nehme mein Beruf SEHR ernst - und deshalb MUSS ich Fragen stellen wenn ich solche Texte hingeschmissen bekomme wie:

Erster Durchlauf Schrittkette Verreinzelung
    Freigabe Rohteil vorhanden an NC-Programm
    Freigabe Ablage Fertig- und Ausschußteilablage frei an NC-Programm
    Endschalterpaarüberwachung Schlitten vorn
    and worse!!!
    He interjected something about: manche möchten Romane schreiben, aber wir nur kurz und bündig
    And then I added: Gut, dann soll ich wohl genauso besch***** Englisch liefern wie im deutschen???

Dead silence - then: OK, Ihre Fragen??
    #238AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 13 Nov 09, 12:06
    Comment
    Geil, Carly, sehr gut gemacht :)
    Hi all,
    ich bin noch wat länger krank geschrieben. Die Tagung hab ich abgesagt :(((
    ABER: Es ist auch mal seh entspannend sich einfach um absolut GAR nix zu kümmern und sich nicht einmal GEADNKEN um irgendetwas zu machen ;o)

Wari, du warst doch letztens mit Hundemädel beim Tierarzt, oder? Irgendwas akutes oder nur Routine? Meine Mutter riegf mich gestern aben dan, weil mein Kater n Abszess hat. Na jaaaaaa, was soll ICH denn da machen, meine Arme sind nicht 650 km lang. Ich muß sie jetzt mal anrufen, fragen, ob sie beim Tierarzt war...
    #239Authoreasy (238884) 13 Nov 09, 13:06
    Comment
    Dich hat es aber wirklich SCHWER erwischt, easy! Hope your grocery supplies are still holding out :-)) easy, Your mother did the proper thing - she called the vet :-))
    Forgot to mention that the contact guy would have had to upload an extensive file containing all these thousands of "tidbits" in various languages (which would take about 5 minutes), and then search said file for my bits - guess that's what set him off, but yes, I am very proud of myself for having "talked back" - all the while containing myself from saying something like: OK, Herr X - erklären Sie mir bitte in Deutsch, was "Stelle" bedeutet, und bitte die KORREKTE Erklärung, ohne Fragen zu stellen :-))
    #240AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 13 Nov 09, 14:11
    Comment
    Gut gemacht, Carly. At least he seems to have understood.

easy: die beiden hatten Husten. Erst e am Sonntag, die ganze Nacht durchgehustet, sie dann am Montag. Entzündungshemmer, Antibiotika und gut. War die Tierärztin, die die Dackeline auch auf die Welt gebracht hat..und ihre hoffentlich auch bei ihren Welpen beistehen wird.. Riesenfreude, Schwanz-ab-wackeln.. sogar noch nach den Spritzen :)
    #241AuthorWaringham (384862) 13 Nov 09, 15:24
    Comment
    Sehr süß, Wari :)
    Manche Hunde sind einfach unglaublich nett. Es ist auch immer wieder traurig, wenn ein Hund einem als Tierarzt nur noch ängstlich ausweicht :( Na ja, Berufsrisiko...
    #242Authoreasy (238884) 13 Nov 09, 16:37
    Comment
    Dann will ich nach den Arbeiten am Server mal eine erste Duftmarke setzen.
    Ich hoffe, alle hatten/haben ein tolles Wochenende.
    #243AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 15 Nov 09, 21:33
    Comment
    Halleluja! leo is back!
    hi Emil, wie soll man den gezwungenermaßen leo-los ein GUTES Wochenende haben? *immernochhyperventilierendzitter*
    :) Dieses Wochenende hätte ich es echt gebraucht... ich hab mit der Homepage-Übersetzung angefangen
    #244Authoreasy (238884) 15 Nov 09, 21:37
    Comment
    Hallo easy!
    Na, wenn Du schon wieder Kraft für Übersetzungen hast, bin ich beruhigt.
    Ein paar Dutzend postings weiter oben konnte man ja schon Angst haben, ob Du heil vom Briefkasten zurückgekommen sein würdest.
    "... sein würdest." - Wie übersetzt wohl der Muttersprachler meinen letzten Satz?
    #245AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 15 Nov 09, 22:26
    Comment
    huhu, Emil, ich fand Deine Formulierung sehr schön ;) Hat so was von Ich hatte eigentlich auf n Sprung vorbeigekommen sein wollen :)
    heut war aber auch der erste Tag, an dem ich mich mal wieder zu irgendwas in de rLage fühlte :) Schwindelig ist mir aber immer noch...
    #246Authoreasy (238884) 15 Nov 09, 22:33
    Comment
    HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - Quickly recovered from withdrawl :-)) I sorta had a feeling that they might shut-down this weekend, because LEO was oh so slow Thursday and Friday.

Hi Emil,

A couple dozen postings farther up/A couple dozen postings ago, one/we were rather worried as to whethert you would return safe and sound from your journey to the mailbox.

My new neighbors have been moving in for almost 2 weeks now. Kimmy was purring away peacefully on my lap, when all of a sudden I heard the dog sniffing loudly in the stairwell, followed by a WHOOF (his first entry into new home). Kimmy immediately jumped up, haunched her back, fur all puffed up, and emitted a low moaning sound - rather like saying: You back off buddy, I've seen the likes of you outside - and you better watch your step, or you've had it!

edit on: Testing, testing, one, two, three...
    #247AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 15 Nov 09, 22:44
    Comment
    Hallo Carly! Welcome back!
    Die Englische Version hört sich gar nicht so gedrechselt an, nicht wahr?
    Ja, das ist das Tolle an Katzen: dieser unbedingte Wille zur Behauptung ihres Territoriums!

Oh weh, easy, Schwindel! Da hat es Dich ja wirklich übel erwischt.
    Aber häng auf jeden Fall noch mindestens zwei Tage Ruhe dran, auch wenn Du glaubst, Du könntest schon wieder loslegen.

Edit: Warum hast Du neben Deinem Namen ein letter+ Symbol, Carly, und ich nicht, obwohl wir doch schon im Probefaden gemailt hatten?
    #248AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 15 Nov 09, 22:58
    Comment
    Hi Emil, ich hatte auch keins - man muß es wohl wieder aktivieren - ich rief "Mitteilungen" auf, und dann "aktivieren" Knopf gedruckt. Bin mal gespannt, wie es mit den "tierischen" Nachbarschaftsliebe weiter geht. Jetzt wo es so kalt ist, will Kimmy morgens raus, den ganzen Tag draußen bleiben, und dafür Abends nicht auf Achse...paßt mir persönlich SEHR gut, da dieses Haus dermaßen hellhörig ist, daß "you can hear a pin drop" buchstäblich stimmt.

Oh je, vor lauter Freude über die Wiederkehrung vom LEOLand, habe ich "schwindelig" überlesen - hast Du noch Vorräte zu Hause, easy??
    #249AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 15 Nov 09, 23:07
    Comment
    Hallo Carly!
    Jetzt bin ich auch aktiviert, hehe,
    aber ich habe in den neuen Anleitungen einen lustigen Tippfehler gefunden - mal sehen, ob man den in Betrifft LEO posten kann.
    #250AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 15 Nov 09, 23:10
    Comment
    Hi Emil, ja - habe Dir ja auch schon eine Mitteilung gesendet :-) Irgendwer hat ein Tippfehler erwähnt, im "Daddy" Faden glaube ich, aber mir fällt es partout nicht ein....schnelle nachschauen :-)
    #251AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 15 Nov 09, 23:14
    Comment
    Kinder, Kinder, da haben sie uns ja wieder ein neues Spielzeug vorgesetzt!
    Aber ich muss mich jetzt noch 'ne Stunde oder so konzentrieren.
    #252AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 15 Nov 09, 23:23
    Comment
    jaja, alles ok, trotz schwindel, danke ;)

Emil, ich bin zum Glück noch bis Mittwoch einschliesslich krank geschrieben, und ichglaub, das brauch ihc auch echt!
    Wieso hab ihc noch kein Briefmessagegedingsel neben meinem Nick?!!! :(

edit: uiiiiiiii :) *froi* jetzt hab ich auch ein Briegmessagegedingsel neben meinem Nick :)))
    #253Authoreasy (238884) 16 Nov 09, 00:34
    Comment
    Husch, husch ins Körbchen!
    #254AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 16 Nov 09, 01:14
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Monday to one and all.
    #255Authormykl (442296) 16 Nov 09, 06:00
    Comment
    Moin, Ihr Lieben! Juhuu, die neue version läuft.

Carly: Ganz liebe Grüße von meinem Mann..hab ich gestern am telefon vergessen zu sagen :)
    #256AuthorWaringham (384862) 16 Nov 09, 10:02
    Comment
    Moin Wari *waves*, not with Windoof IE 6 :( and I can't update or install new 'cause it's the firms compy. :(
    #257Authormykl (442296) 16 Nov 09, 10:18
    Comment
    Moin, All! Das LEO-freies WE hat sich wahrhaftig gelohnt :-))

Here's a pic of Kimmy's new neighbor/enemy :-)) http://www.alanos.de/fileadmin/user_upload/An...
    #258AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 16 Nov 09, 10:20
    Comment
    Poor teddybear *waves back*
    How was your weekend? Mine/ours was..nice. actually spend some time with hubby and the dogs, baked a cake.. Had a nice call from Carly ;)

Now I'm gonna write two more applications.. I do really want to get some job here.. but I guess I'm "over-qualified" for most of them.. F$%&!
    #259AuthorWaringham (384862) 16 Nov 09, 10:21
    Comment
    Hi Carly *waves* Puh ! No contest, my money's on the cat *g* My weekend was Ok Wari, but daisy had a cold or sth which left her feeling pretty miserable. Leo is a pain now, evry click/page/refresh/posting or whatever brings a list of Fehler reports for my Windoof Exploder 'cause it doesn't support 'AJAX'. :( Which also means that I can't use the messenger service either. *double :(*
    #260Authormykl (442296) 16 Nov 09, 11:51
    Comment
    No error messages anymore *ggggggggggggggggggg* Now, I just need the messenger service so that I can 'see'what the 4 messages are *g * Probably sth along the lines of 'testing testing testing' :)
    #261Authormykl (442296) 16 Nov 09, 13:05
    Comment
    long time no see :)

War viel los während ich weg war? :D
    #262Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 16 Nov 09, 13:22
    Comment
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    TSUNAMI!!!!!!
    *umHalsfallundabbussel*
    Du LEBST :))) Sehr schön, dich zu sehen!
    *strengüberBrillenrandguck*
    And what is your excuse for neglecting us for so long, youn man?!

edit: Jetzt fehlen noch Derfel, sagittarius, OWL, Steffi, MiM (hieß soch so, oder?) wen hab ich vergessen?
    #263Authoreasy (238884) 16 Nov 09, 13:33
    Comment
    Excuse? Look at them damm crocs will ya? Took me that long to get past them... :)

Seriuosly? Plenty of private upheaval, writing my BA thesis, getting a job, getting settled in the job - and plain forgetting my log-in...
    #264Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 16 Nov 09, 13:48
    Comment
    Schön übrigens auch Dich zu sehen. und Mykl. Und Carly. Und Wari. Danke für die nette Begrüßung. Hi Emil übrigens. Ist Owl in Brasilien verschollen?

#265Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 16 Nov 09, 13:51
    Comment
    4y!
    *jubel*
    Good to see you!
    #266AuthorWaringham (384862) 16 Nov 09, 13:55
    Comment
    Hi 4Y, Boah Eh you took your time, what do you mean you were writing...24 hours a day huh ?? Nice to see you again *G*
    So, home time, I wish you all a pleasant afternoon evening.
    bbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee
    #267Authormykl (442296) 16 Nov 09, 13:57
    Comment
    OWL verschollen? Ja, ist er :) ...oder eher :(
    ;o)
    What, you mean my darling little poopsies?! Die tun nichts, die wollen bloß spielen ^^

So, new job alright, then? What was your BA thesis about? *neugierigbin*
    AND you have to activate your messenger system, sweetie ;)

myklchen, bye-bye :)
    Hi Wari :)
    #268Authoreasy (238884) 16 Nov 09, 14:05
    Comment
    @ all: Ich freu mich ja so, das ich Ecuh wiedergefunden habe. War gar nicht so einfach - einmal vergesst Ihr den Link zum nächsten Faden zu knüpfen und dann benennt Ihr den Faden fieserweise auch noch um... Deswegen: Freu, Hüpf, Spring und allgemein durchknuddel!

@ Mykl: 24/7 - at least that's what it felt like.
    @ Isi: "Risk management for small and medium sized enterprises in the tourism sector, shown at the example of Skylimit S.A., Venezuela" - and just because of that I got so conscious of all kinds of risks I simply couldn't go anywhere near your little darlings.

Ich habe das zweifelhafte Vergnügen seit fast 6 Monaten Marketingleiter für die Jugendherberge Greifswald zu sein - und bin schon wieder auf Jobsuche...

Owl verschollen? :( Hast Du Dir die Crocs mal genauer angeschaut?

What messenger system would you be talking about?
    #269Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 16 Nov 09, 14:19
    Comment
    Hi tsunami!! Wir können uns jetzt gegenseitig Mitteilungen in LEOLand senden! Du mußt es unter "Mitteilungen" aktivieren, und dann bekommst Du auch so ein schickes Kuvert neben Deiner Nick :-)
    #270AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 16 Nov 09, 14:24
    Comment
    Marketingleiter für die Jugendherberge Greifswald
    roflmao
    und bin schon wieder auf Jobsuche...
    not very suprising ;)

schön, dass Du wieder hierher gefunden hast. UND dich an meinen Babies vorgeigetraut hast :)
    leo hatte dieses Wochenende ne umstellung, es gibt jetzt links in der Übersicht den Punkt Mitteilungen. Den kann man aktivierenund dann hast Du auch neben Deinem Namen so ein hübsches Briefchen, dass man Dir privat messages schicken kann.

OWL, der Feigling, hat mich mal angerufen und sich danach offenabr entschieden, sich nie wieder blicken zu lassen... Spricht nicht für meine telephone skills ;)
    #271Authoreasy (238884) 16 Nov 09, 14:27
    Comment
    Nee, easy - Deine "telephone skills" sind VOLL in Ordnung - OWL war nur ein Feigling! Jawohl!
    #272AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 16 Nov 09, 14:34
    Comment
    :)Thanks, but never mind, Carly, it's just a shame that he doesn't visit anymore.
    Bei mir hat gerade eben die GEZ geklingelt
    *schluck*
    *flöööööööööööööööt*
    Na gut, dann bin ich halt jetzt angemeldet. Obwohl... Bin ja eh nie zuhause. Und dieses Prekariatsfernsehen ist eh unerträglich. WARUM ZAHL ICH DANN JETZT DAFÜR?! ;o)
    #273Authoreasy (238884) 16 Nov 09, 14:39
    Comment
    easy, Du hast sie doch nicht reingelassen???!!! Anscheinend doch - die werden Dir jetzt vermutlich eine Rechnung über die letzten X-Jahren schicken!! Die GEZ-Gebühren gehören abgeschaft.
    #274AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 16 Nov 09, 14:46
    Comment
    Ich für meinen Teil hatte immer nur das Radio angemeldet - bis die Frau im Hause auf Kabelfernsehen bestanden hat. Mann muss die GEZ zwar nicht reinlassen, aber es ist recht schwierig zu erklären warum du KabelFERNSEHEN bezahlst, wenn du doch nur ein RADIO hast. Ausserdem ist Prekariatsfernsehen doch was feines - man denke da nur an Phönix oder ZDF Theater für das akademische Prekariat...

Da wir bisher noch nie telefoniert haben Isi kann ich nur mutmaßen dass Deine Stimme allein schon am Telefon sooooo verführerich klingt dass der arme, ja immer so sehr um seine Keuschheit besorgte OWL daraufhin entschieden hat, jeden Kontakt ab sofort zu vermeiden, um garnicht erst in Versuchung geführt werden zu können. :)

Messenger system enabled
    #275Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 16 Nov 09, 14:47
    Comment
    Nein, ich hab sie nicht reingelassen, aber sie haben mich ausm Tiefschlaf geklingelt, fühl mich heut auch mal wieder nicht so toll, war also nicht ganz auf den Höhe und habe dann aber komplett und 100%ig absolut wahrheitsgemäß erklärt, dass ich erst seit Februar einen Fernseher habe...
    #276Authoreasy (238884) 16 Nov 09, 14:48
    Comment
    Was mich dermaßen an GEZ stört, ist "die da oben" melden einfach "ihr Bedarf" und wir haben es zu zahlen - basta! Anno damals kostete GEZ 16 DM pro Quartal - jetzt 51 Euro und ein Paar gequetschte - und dann noch sollst Du für eine im Camping Wagen, auf dem Dachboden, usw.
    #277AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 16 Nov 09, 14:51
    Comment
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, 4y, you made my day ;)

ähm, Carly, es kostet 17,50 im Monat, haben die mir gesagt und ins Formular eingetragen.

(im übrigen zähle ich mich durchaus auch per definitionem zum Prekariat *g*, aber dieses Fernsehprogramm ist von einigen Ausnahmen dich echt unerträglich... Phoenix und NTV bringen manchmal ganz nette Sachen, so mitten in der tiefsten Nacht... aber sonst?)
    #278Authoreasy (238884) 16 Nov 09, 14:53
    Comment
    Ja, easy - ich habe auch "pro Quartal" geschrieben, aber die genaue Summe hatte ich nicht im Kopf - 52,50 Euro :-))
    #279AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 16 Nov 09, 14:56
    Comment
    Carly, was mich dabei ein wenig irritiert ist nicht etwa DAS ich bezahlen MUSS soviel wie die eben verlangen sondern das die Öffentlich Rechtlichen die Frechheit besitzen mich trotzdem noch mit Werbung zu bombardieren - sowohl im Fernsehen als auch im Radio.

jederzeit isi, jederzeit. :D
    #280Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 16 Nov 09, 14:58
    Comment
    Chefin Kommt - sieht aus als wenn ich nach HAuse gehen kann...
    #281Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 16 Nov 09, 15:02
    Comment
    oh, äh, Quartal =) stimmt :) Wie man sieht, ich bin nicht auf der Höhe ;)
    Gut, ich muß mich jetzt mal ausm Bett ins Bad kriechen, mich in Klamotten quälen, zur Apotheke schleichen und neues Sinupret kaufen... see you ALL!!! later (4y, don't you DARE disappear again!)
    #282Authoreasy (238884) 16 Nov 09, 15:05
    Comment
    Na sowas lieb ich ja! Sagt mir Freitag dass ich Montag Frühschicht an der Rezeption machen muss und sie mich dann ablösen kommt, kommt auch pünktlich hier reingewalzt - aber nur um ein privates Fax abzuschicken das sie dann auch noch vergessen hat mitzubringen. Hat se doch völlig vergessen dass sie mich ablösen wollte und sich mit Ihren Enkeln verabredet. Und dann kaut Sie mir auch noch ein Ohr ab mit irgendwelchen Familiengeschichten...

noch Fragen warum ich auf der Jobsuche bin? Ich lass mich jetzt wieder öfter mal sehen. versprochen.
    #283Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 16 Nov 09, 15:32
    Comment
    Schönen Abend allerseits!
    Es geht hier nicht ohne eine kleine Begrüßungsmusik von Joachim Witt nach Greifswald (Musik ab ca. 1:00).
    #284AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 16 Nov 09, 20:56
    Comment
    lol, Emil, ich dachte, Du hättest das hier verlinkt, was leider eine Scheiß-Version des Liedes ist, aber es gibt das Original nicht auf youtube... Hätte ja auch gepasst...
    Guts Nächtle, allesamt
    Hab gerade Twelve Monkeys geguckt und bereue es, wertvolle Lebenszeit damit verschwendet zu haben. Obwohl ich herzhaft gelacht hab zwischendrin. Na ja. Jetzt aber wirklich gute Nacht :)
    #285Authoreasy (238884) 16 Nov 09, 23:59
    Comment
    Stimmt, das hätte auch gepasst. Kannte ich aber noch nicht.
    Gute Nacht!
    #286AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 17 Nov 09, 00:12
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Tuesday to one and all. I still can't use the messenger service at work, but that may be due to the ancient software or the firms dreaded Internet security. :) Many greetings back from my Blümchen Carly, she's feeling a lot better now. :)
    #287Authormykl (442296) 17 Nov 09, 06:10
    Comment
    *malreinschau* *neuefunktionentest*
    Huhu ihr! Ich glaube ich war zu lange nicht mehr aktiv, easy hat mich nicht aufgezählt... ;-)
    Aber ich verfolge eueren kleinen Faden immer lesenderweise.
    #288AuthorMafi (236280) 17 Nov 09, 09:42
    Comment
    Mornin' Mafi *waves* Boah eh, this is a week for long lost souls. :0)
    #289Authormykl (442296) 17 Nov 09, 09:44
    Comment
    Guten Morgen allerseits. Vielen Dank für die nette Musikalische Begrüßung. :)
    #290Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 17 Nov 09, 10:20
    Comment
    Moin, All!! Heyyyy Mafi - welcome back!! :-))

Ich kannte keine von den beiden Lieder - aber jetzt läuft gerade der Refrain von "Die Flut" und es kommt mir doch irgendwie bekannt vor.

Poor Kimmy - she's having a terrifyingly difficult time adjusting to all those WOOFs emitting from the downstairs apartment. :-(

#291AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 17 Nov 09, 11:22
    Comment
    Hey, Mafi,
    das war Taktik von mir, damit Du Dich mal wieder meldest ;o)

Morning, m'dears,
    glad to hear daisy is on the mend, mykl

Carly, what's whoofing downstairs? I must've missed something...

Ich hab noch gar keine messages bekommen :(
    ;o)
    #292Authoreasy (238884) 17 Nov 09, 11:30
    Comment
    Hi easy, I sent you a message, yesterday, but somehow it ended up in traumtänzer's box - and when I checked my "Send" box, the one destined for you had an age-old message FROM Spinatwachtel :-))

What's woofing downstairs - check out my link in #258. Also had to spend about 15 minutes coaxing Kimmy back upstairs, only to have her dash back down to the basement, repeat process.
    #293AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 17 Nov 09, 11:34
    Comment
    Well, that's helpful with the messages ;)
    Carly, ah, yes, that link doesnt work for me, tried it yesterday :(
    #294Authoreasy (238884) 17 Nov 09, 11:40
    Comment
    Tach Isi, Carly and 4Y *waves* Carly, yep, that sounds just like a cat. :=)
    #295Authormykl (442296) 17 Nov 09, 11:46
    Comment
    The "whoofer" is an Italian dog breed...I think she said "caricano" - looks like a cross between a great Dane (height- and build-wise) and marked like a boxer (drooly lips, and all) - anyway, HUGE!! Is now 11 years old, used to living within spitting distance of the forest and loves to chase cats.
    #296AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 17 Nov 09, 11:47
    Comment
    Yeah, mykl - doesn't it just !! And naturally, she waited to play this game, when I wanted to leave the house to go to TÜV. By the way, TÜV "only" cost 81 euros, compared to the 95 offered here in the village - and the only thing "bemängelt" was a lightbulb that had been replaced by this local service station.

#297AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 17 Nov 09, 11:51
    Comment
    you describe it like a , Carly?
    poor Kimmy ;)
    #298Authoreasy (238884) 17 Nov 09, 11:57
    Comment
    Easy, das hat ja dann funktioniert, deine "Taktik" *hihi*
    Vielleicht schaffe ich es ja in Zukunft, mich öfter mal zu melden. Kann ich aber nicht versprechen.

Edit: Wo sehe ich eigentlich, ob mir jemand eine Leo-Nachricht geschickt hat?
    #299AuthorMafi (236280) 17 Nov 09, 11:57
    Comment
    I hope so, Mafi :)
    good to see you!
    #300Authoreasy (238884) 17 Nov 09, 11:58
    This thread has been closed.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

• Pinyin