Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Betrifft

Prepositions 3/3

Kommentar

So, die letzte Aufgabe!

Mr Miller will arrive ON Monday so that he could call TO you ON Tuesday.

We would appreciate you giving us an appointment AT a time and date convenient TO you.

This is to confirm you that that he will call TO Mr Miller ON Friday, AT 5 am.

Pls let us have your details enabling us to arrange FOR someone to pick you FROM airport.

We would like to invite u to be our guest FOR lunch AT any day convenient TO you during your stay IN Cologne.

Thx for your invitation FOR lunch!

I cannot accept your invitation, as my agenda is highly committed AT that time.

I have just returned FROM my trip FROM Europe and want to thank u FOR your hospitality.

If there is any opportunity FOR us to reciprocate, pls let me know.

I am out of the office UNTIL 6 October. I will be happy to answer your mail asap AFTER my return.

Congratulations FOR being appointed TO the manager OF Nike.

We wish u very success IN this new position.

Pls note that a site will be found AT www.kkk.com

This is to inform u that Ms Kon is no longer employed IN our company.

Ms Kon is now IN charge OF customer support.

We are plsd to inform u that we have recently retained the services of Ms Miller to assist IN our sales IN Russia.

She will be working FOR Nike and only ON the Russian market.

We advise u TO the 100 anniversary …

Pls have a look AT our website WITH more than 100 offers.

We are planning a trip TO China to introduce Ms Kon WITH his key customers.
    VerfasserKarin09 Aug. 05, 12:55
    Kommentar
    So, jetzt mal anders herum: Es folgen die Sätze, in denen ich spontan Fehler entdeckt habe (nicht in jedem Fall ist die Präposition falsch!)
    Mr Miller will arrive ON Monday so that he could call TO you ON Tuesday. (zurufen oder doch eher besuchen?)
    This is to confirm you that that he will call TO Mr Miller ON Friday, AT 5 am. (s.o., beim "confirm" fehlt auch noch etwas)
    Pls let us have your details enabling us to arrange FOR someone to pick you FROM airport (die letzte präp - da fehlt auch noch etwas)
    We would like to invite u to be our guest FOR lunch AT any day convenient TO you during your stay IN Cologne. (präp)
    I have just returned FROM my trip FROM Europe (präp)
    Congratulations FOR being appointed TO the manager OF Nike (präp)
    We wish u very success IN this new position. (da scheint ein Wort zu fehlen)
    We advise u TO the 100 anniversary [???]
    We are planning a trip TO China to introduce Ms Kon WITH his key customers (Präp. falsch, und "Ms" ist eine Frau)
    Das war bestimmt nicht alles, soll aber zunächst reichen.

#1VerfasserDragon09 Aug. 05, 13:18
    Kommentar
    dragon -- a few mistakes in your suggestions!!!:
    call ON = visit
    ON any day
    trip TO Europe
    appointed AS the manager
    advise so. ON sth.
    introduce so. TO so.
    #2VerfasserGhol ‹GB›09 Aug. 05, 13:25
    Kommentar
    @Ghol: No, no, those were not my _suggestions_, I just copied these sentences from Karin's original posting to indicate that there were some mistakes in them because I felt that at least some of them could be corrected by Karin herself once she knew they were wrong. Sorry if that wasn't made clear enough by my first sentence.
    Thus, all of those sentences contain some sort of misteke (some of them now corrected by you), and I just wrote something in brackets to indicate where the mistake is. Apart from the "advise" sentence, which I don't get even with the correct preposition.
    #3VerfasserDragon09 Aug. 05, 13:39
    Kommentar
    Hallo,
    danke für eure Hilfe!
    Ich gehe mal davon aus, dass es CALL ON heissen soll.
    Was meint ihr?

1)
    Hier der genaue Wortlaut des Buches:
    Mr Miller will arrive on Monday 1 Novenber, so that he could call ON/TO you on Tuesday 2 or Wednesday 3.

Was passt eher? Besuchen oder anrufen?

2)
    Soll das andere Beispiel mit dem airport heissen:
    Pls let us have your details enabling us to arrange FOR someone to pick you FROM the airport?

3)
    We would like to invite u to be our guest FOR lunch AT any day convenient TO you during your stay IN Cologne. (präp)
    Wo ist da der Fehler?

4)
    Congratulations FOR being appointed AS the manager OF Nike (präp)

5)
    We wish u evry success IN this new position.
    Kann ich das so sagen?

6)
    We are delighted to advise you ON the 100 anniversary if Nike.
    Was heisst das hier? Beraten?
    #4VerfasserKarin09 Aug. 05, 14:22
    Kommentar
    1): Genau, "call on" (siehe auch Ghols Antwort). ["call to" heißt auch nicht anrufen, sondern könnte mit "zurufen" übersetzt werden, eigentlich fehlt dann aber etwas.]
    2): jemanden abholen heißt "to pick s.o. up", er wird am und nicht vom Flughafen abgeholt, das fehlende "the" hast Du ja schon ergänzt.
    3): siehe Ghols Antwort
    4): Congratulations ON being appointed as manager
    5): Aaah! EVERY, nicht very, ich dachte zuerst, da fehlt ein "much", was den Satz aber nicht unbedingt schöner gemacht hätte. Jetzt paßt's.
    6): gute Frage.
    #5VerfasserDragon09 Aug. 05, 14:36
    Kommentar
    1) To call on s.b. = vorbeikommen / Besuch abstatten
    2) Pick s.o. up from ... = o.k.
    3) On a day (at the weekend)
    6) We are delighted to advise you about Nike's 100th anniversary.

Have a nice day
    #6VerfasserLFC (Exile kopite)09 Aug. 05, 14:50
    Kommentar
    Sie brauchen kein Praepositionen fuer "call." Man kann "I will call you Tuesday" sagt.
    #7VerfasserA Native English Speaker01 Mär. 06, 06:22
    Kommentar
    @native speaker: You will agree that "to call s.o." is "to call s.o. on the telephone". The context clearly speaks of Mr. Miller visiting that company, so "to call on s.o." is the term sought.
    #8VerfasserWerner01 Mär. 06, 06:40

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt