Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Topic

TESO #70: 70.0 = 21.1

Comment
    70 is the smallest weird number.

In number theory, a weird number is a natural number that is abundant but not semiperfect. In other words, the sum of the proper divisors (divisors including 1 but not itself) of the number is greater than the number, but no subset of those divisors sums to the number itself. Got it?
    The smallest weird number is 70. Its proper divisors are 1, 2, 5, 7, 10, 14, and 35; these sum to 74, but no subset of these sums to 70.

TESO #69 has taken about four weeks to be completed. This thread, with the emblematic number "69", was opened by OWL with reminiscences from the days when TESO was still spelled out "To eat someone out".

During the past four weeks, we discussed the Fußballweltmeisterschaft, learnt that 4Y passed the Ausbildereignungsprüfung, while easy suffered from Umzugsstress.
    Carly survived a Beinahe-Unfall im "Höllental" but still felt able to share a great joke with us.

Waringham showed us some very nice pictures of Warison (including Dackeline):
    related discussion: Teso #69 ... remains 69 when turn it upside down - #215

Apart from the usual pets, Kimmy-cat and Hagalaz, we discussed an impressive number of other animals: Waschbär, Zauneidechse, Feuersalamander, Fledermaus, Leopardenschildkröte, penguins and polar bears, and, only yesterday, elephants and monitor lizards.

The overriding theme, however, was heat.
    Hopefully, conditions will normalize soon, so that the the equation above can reveal its validity:
    70.0 °F = 21.1 °C
    (It is always good to get your units right.)

We come from here: related discussion: Teso #69 ... remains 69 when turn it upside down
    It will be a long way until the next '69' (=169), even longer than the distance already covered. So, keep it up, TESO!

AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 15 Jul 10, 02:19
    Comment
    Weil ich sooooo lange nicht meh hier war, lasse ich einfach mal eine Gruß da.

WEIRD HEDGEHOG GREETS THE TESOS!

*gg*
    #1AuthorIgelin DE (467049) 15 Jul 10, 02:29
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Thursday to one and all. Thank you for the new home Emil. *still trying work out who divides what into which*

Good morning weirdelin, it's always nice to have visitors.

*cuddles weirdelin with the grain*
    #2Authormykl (442296) 15 Jul 10, 06:54
    Comment
    Hi, again :-))

Thanks for the new home, Emil, and a nice one it is :-)

My niece had a near-fatal accident yesterday on her way home from work. Truck was on the proper side of the road, BUT someone had lain a shovel on it's rear, which flew off, nearly missing my niece's window shield, hit her tail end, bounced off and struck the car's gas tank behind her. At least this truck driver had the decency to STOP, my niece got out, immediately lit up a cigarette to calm her shattered nerves, when some guy grabbed it out of her hand with the comment: "Mädchen, da liegt doch überall BENZIN auf der Straße" - no-one was hurt, thank God!
    #3AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 15 Jul 10, 11:23
    Comment
    You and your family seem to lead 'eventful' lives Carly. I'm glad my life isn't as full of these little incidents, I'm equally glad that (once again) noone was hurt.
    #4Authormykl (442296) 15 Jul 10, 12:18
    Comment
    Moin!
    Das muss ich aber auch sagen.
    #5AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 15 Jul 10, 12:25
    Comment
    Well, another near-miss event in the Carly saga - my daughter just called to say that a huge tree in their garden was most likely struck by lightning last night - split from "top to bottom" and fell on my granddaughter's brand-new "professional" trampoline, which is currently "propping" the massive tree. And I thought the saying was "Alle GUTE Dinge sind 3" :-))
    #6AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 15 Jul 10, 13:29
    Comment
    Carly it seems like being around you and your family isn´t safest place to be, I think I´ll apply for an alternative Kur location, 9km is a little close for my liking ! After all I´m going there to get fixed not hit by a meteorite :-)
    #7AuthorVileness fats (241697) 15 Jul 10, 13:44
    Comment
    Haha, Vf!

Carly, genaugenommen ist es "Aller guten Dinge sind drei", aber die meisten haben wohl wirklich schon aufgehört zu zählen.
    #8AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 15 Jul 10, 13:46
    Comment
    LOL Vf, Trying to remember whether I broke a mirror sometime ago - and if so, whether it's been 7 years, or not :-))

edit on: You better strike the Taunus region from your list of alternatives, Vf - that's where the rest of my extended family lives :-)
    #9AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 15 Jul 10, 13:50
    Comment
    Hi Vf and Emil *waves*

Carly, only ONE mirror ?? *fg*
    #10Authormykl (442296) 15 Jul 10, 14:02
    Comment
    Well, I do still have a ladder leaning against my bedroom wall - son-in-law left it here two years ago, following my move - BUT, I DO NOT walk under it...mmmmmm, Kimmy's basically black...pondering...does a white splotch under her neck and one on her stomach counteract bad luck???
    #11AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 15 Jul 10, 14:12
    Comment
    Well, one more episode to Carly saga - my mother just called. She got her bank statement, somebody has somehow accessed her checking account and stolen about 600 dollars in 2 weeks (statement only covers up to June). Now she has to go see the military police, BUT she gets her money back!
    #12AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 15 Jul 10, 16:32
    Comment
    Carly, maybe you should look at the broader picture - the actual question is what your forefathers have done for the whole family to have such a bad karma :)

edith sagt: schickes neues Zuhause Emil - dankeschön :)
    #13Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 15 Jul 10, 18:00
    Comment
    4Ys, As far as we know, they were all hard-working, pious people :-)
    #14AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 15 Jul 10, 19:00
    Comment
    Good morning people a ery happy FRIDAY to one and all. Carly, there's enough 'stuff' in your family to make a TV soap drama...and it's more true to life than the drivel they usually show. :))
    #15Authormykl (442296) 16 Jul 10, 06:57
    Comment
    Hallöh
    bezug nehmend auf den alten Thread: Armer Waran... aber trotz allem towitzige Bilder.

Und ich bin auf DIE ALP gefahren. Die schwäbische. Nicht in die Alpen ;o)

Gestern abend war es wunderbar runtergekühlt. Heut ist es wieder ätzend!
    #16Authoreasy (238884) 16 Jul 10, 10:22
    Comment
    Moin all!

Hmm, schlappe 29 Grad. Wer lässt sich denn davon schocken?
    #17AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 16 Jul 10, 12:27
    Comment
    Wochenend und Sonnenschein...

Ich wünsche Euch allen ein schönes Wochenende. Ich werde die Sonne und den Strand geniessen. :)
    #18Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 16 Jul 10, 13:44
    Comment
    Hi, All!

4Ys, would you PLEASE refrain from rubbing your "Strandnähe" under my nose :-))

Hot as all heck here, too!

Further episode to my daily soap, not quite so dramatic as over the past couple of days, but I am nevertheless extremely ticked off (understatement). My granddaughter's father hooked up with a woman about 15 years older than he, when he broke with my daughter - she has 3 children, and recently called to ask whether I could tutor her 17-year-old daughter in French, so that she could pass her "Nachprüfund" and not flunk 10th grade (she already has flunked once in the past). Ok, had a free trial lesson with her the other day, and we agreed upon Wednesday for the next one - and furthermore settled on twice a week. Got a call from my daughter on Wed. that the girl was down with the flu, and had asked her to call me. Didn't know until yesterday evening that her Mom, my granddaughter and her father had been to visit his parents for 3 days. Had called several times to ask how she was doing, and when next lesson was to be - no reply. Found out this morning that she had been out drinking herself silly at the disco, getting home at 4 am, and wanted to go to the lake with friends. Not only did she lie to her mother about our lesson, BUT she lied about me - stating, I had been there, but only had a half-hour, as I had better things to do. Needless to say, I hit the roof when her mother called to tell me all this...I know one girl who will NOT be one of my students - NO WAY!
    #19AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 16 Jul 10, 15:13
    Comment
    Support Carly, 4Y.

Carly, das ist ja wieder mal eine ganz unmögliche Geschichte!
    Und ich musste sie dreimal lesen, um die ganzen verwandtschaftlichen Beziehungen hinzubekommen. (Darin bin ich immer sehr schlecht.)
    #20AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 16 Jul 10, 17:34
    Comment
    Hi Emil, neeeee, da war ich noch auf 180 als ich es mir von der Seele geschrieben habe..und ja, ist etwas kompliziert, da meine Tochter und Kindesvater seit 3 Jahren getrennt sind. Er hatte sie nie gefragt, ob sie ihn heieraten möchte, daß tat ein Anderer (aber NACH der Trennung) :-) Ich bin immernoch stocke Sauer - wenn man es ganz genau nimmt, ist es Rufmord. Zum Glück kennt ihre Mutter mich auch schon seit 8 Jahren, und wußte, daß ihre Tochter lügt.
    #21AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 16 Jul 10, 17:39
    Comment
    Moin!
    ... und ein schönes Restwochenende.
    Hier gibt's Regen.
    #22AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 17 Jul 10, 11:57
    Comment
    Bewölkt, aber immer noch heiß und schwül hier. Zwischendurch ein paar Tropfen Regen, die das ganze noch verschlimmern :(
    Habe gerade meine alte Wohnung übergeben. Erleichtert bin :)
    #23Authoreasy (238884) 17 Jul 10, 13:56
    Comment
    "Off-and-on rain" and somewhat cooler - according to my car's thermometer: 17°C, though still awfully humid.

Das kann ich mir gut vorstellen, easy :-))
    #24AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 17 Jul 10, 14:05
    Comment
    Na dann viel Freude am neuen Heim, easy!

Hallo Carly!
    #25AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 17 Jul 10, 14:20
    Comment
    Hallo, Emil! I really SHOULD force myself to do some work :-)) Have been putting it off all day...OK, five more minutes :-)
    #26AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 17 Jul 10, 14:25
    Comment
    Five more minutes of what?

Aber ich werde Dich nicht aufhalten.
    Besuch ist angekommen.
    #27AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 17 Jul 10, 14:31
    Comment
    Got to thinking about a song from Kenny Rodgers that I hadn't heard in years - Something's Burning - looked for it on youtube, listened, but saw he used to sing with the First Edition, which I had either forgotten, or never known - and then I just HAD to listen to "Just Dropped In to See What Condition my Condition Was In" - boy, does that bring back memories, and so totally "unlike" Kenny Rodgers :-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ8k6fVe25k&fe...
    #28AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 17 Jul 10, 14:39
    Comment
    *reinstampedier*
    Hey eater outers! *wild wink*
    Just discovered the pics of Warison. Cute! Thanks for sharing, Wari, and thanks for the nice intro, Emil (otherwise I would have missed the pics completely).
    *rausstampedier*
    #29Authorhermarphromoose (169674) 17 Jul 10, 18:39
    Comment
    Wishing you all a great "Restsonntag" :-))

My poor granddaughter...they went to the Aachener Reittournier for an extended weekend, had planned coming home tomorrow - she came down with the chicken pox...what a waste of summer's vacation!!
    #30AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 18 Jul 10, 19:30
    Comment
    Hi!

Danke, Carly! Ich muss leider fleißig sein.

Hast Du Aachen im Fernsehen gekuckt? Ich habe es mir weitgehend verkniffen.
    Aber ist es nicht immer blöd, wenn der Anfang eines Wettbewerbs im Dritten und der Schluss (das Stechen) im Ersten oder Zweiten übertragen wird? Die behandeln das immer nachrangig. Besser wäre es, Reiten nur noch in den Dritten zu bringen.

Windpocken! Hatte ich nie soweit ich weiss.
    Die waren zu meiner Zeit, glaube ich, nicht sehr häufig.
    Wie lange hat sie denn damit zu tun?
    Gute Besserung!
    #31AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 18 Jul 10, 22:26
    Comment
    Wollte gucken, hatte aber kaum Zeit, denn ich habe soviel während die Hitzewelle liegen gelassen, die aufgeholt werden mußte :-) Das ist JA blöd!! Erste und Zweite sind sich wohl zu "fein" um das Ganze zu zeigen - sie heben sich die Siege auf!

Windpocken laufen wohl verschieden Schwer ab - zumindest war es so bei meine Kinder - meine Tochter hatte nur 1-5 Stück, ein Tag Fieber, und dann war es vorbei. Mein Sohn, der an Neurodermitis auch litt war schwerst Krank, seine Haut war eine einzige Pocke, so zusagen - auch in den Augen, Ohren, Nase, furchtbar. Umgekehrt schwerwiegend verliefen die Masern - Tochter schwer Krank, Sohn nur vorrübergehend unpässlich.

Bei meine Enkelin hat es gerade angefangen - bisher auch nur vereinzelt! Hoffentlich bleibt es dabei!
    #32AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 18 Jul 10, 22:37
    Comment
    Huhu! Bin wieder daha! *rumwink*

Thank you for the new home, Emil! :-)
    I'm afraid I can't write in English properly any more... I will have to practise... At least I had taken 2 English books with me and finished one of them and the first 150 pages of the second one :-))

And I must look up and read what was going on here the last three weeks, but I will leave that for tomorrow...

Windpocken... meine beiden Großen hatten sie schon, die Kleinste noch nicht. Mittlerweile gibt es auch eine Impfung dagegen, die von meiner Kinderärztin empfohlen wurde, falls meine Tochter die Windpocken bis zu ihrer Einschulung noch nicht bekommen haben sollte. Die Meinungen sind da ja sehr unterschiedlich, was das Impfen angeht...
    #33Authordragonfly70 (672923) 18 Jul 10, 23:17
    Comment
    Hey Libby!!! Welcome home!! Von einer Impfung dagegen habe ich noch nicht gehört, aber tja, meine Kinder sind aus dem Alter raus - nur, meine Tochter hat allergisch auf den Masern/Mumps Impfung reagiert, und war wohl gerade mit den Masern angesteckt worden, als sie geimpft wurde (andere Theorie war, sie bekam sie durch die Impfung) - auf jeden Fall war sie SEHR Krank, und als die Röteln-Impfung mit 12 Jahren in die Schule durchgeführt werden sollte, weigerten sich der Doktor, sie zu impfen. Beiden hatten auch auf Tetanus extrem reagiert...liegt in der Familie.
    Es hieß doch, daß wenn man die Windpocken gehabt hat, ist man immun. Was wir 3 erst schmerzlich erfahren mußte, ist daß, man kann in Kontakt mit der Pocken kommen, ist zwar immun, ABER wenn körperlich etwas angeschlagen, "wandelt" sie sich in Gürtelrose um - hatten wir alle 3 die Reihe nach.

WO ward ihr denn???
    #34AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 18 Jul 10, 23:26
    Comment
    Hi Carly! :-))
    Die Impfung gibt es erst seit ein paar Jahren, gehört mittlerweile aber zu den empfohlenen und von den Krankenkassen bezahlten Impfungen.
    Das mit der Gürtelrose wusste ich wohl, aber glücklicherweise hatte ich sie noch nicht. Soll aber sehr unangenehm sein...

Wir waren auf Fehmarn, Zelten. Es war sehr schön, nur für meinen Geschmack zu heiß... Hatten wir uns nicht kürzlich noch über die Kälte beschwert? *gg*
    #35Authordragonfly70 (672923) 18 Jul 10, 23:36
    Comment
    Unsere Kreis hatte bis vor ein Paar Jahren/Monaten? ein Ferienhaus auf Fehmann - war stets das Ziel für die erste Klassenfahrt im 5. :-)) War dort nicht diese schreckliche Unwetter?? Ja, hatten wir, aber von heut auf morgen gingen wir OHNE Übergang von Eiszeit auf tropische Hitze um - und wir sind keine Reptilien!!
    #36AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 18 Jul 10, 23:39
    Comment
    Wir hatten auch mal ein Gewitter mit ordentlich Regen, aber eigentlich war es nur heiß, morgens um 8 schon so 30°... eindeutig zu warm! Aber ich will mich mal nicht über sonniges Wetter im Urlaub beschweren... jedenfalls nicht wirklich *ggg*
    Es ist nur so, dass es bei solcher Hitze schwerfällt, etwas zu unternehmen.
    Hier zu Hause ist es gleich 10° kälter...
    #37Authordragonfly70 (672923) 18 Jul 10, 23:51
    Comment
    Libby, solches Wetter hatten wir hier auch - gestern und heute etwas kühler, aber die Tage bis zu 37°C - morgens schon nur beim Zeitunglesen ins Schwitzen geraten - über die Sonne beschwere ich mich auch nicht, aber DOCH über 80% Luftfeuchtigkeit :-)
    #38AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 18 Jul 10, 23:54
    Comment
    Ja, so ein Wetter ist schon anstrengend...
    So, ich mache mal Schluss für heute, wünsche dir noch eine gute Nacht!
    Vielleicht schaffe ich morgen auch mal wieder das Englisch-Schreiben... Irgendwie fällt es mir doch schwerer, als mir lieb ist :-(
    Ich bin wohl ziemlich aus der Übung. Und jetzt sind ja immer noch Ferien, da weiß ich auch nicht, wie viel ich in nächster Zeit dazu komme, mich hier bei Leo rumzutreiben...
    Na ja, mal sehen!

Good night, see you tomorrow! :-)

#39Authordragonfly70 (672923) 19 Jul 10, 00:08
    Comment
    Night, night, Libby - bin auch weg - muß Kimmy-cat reinlocken :-)
    #40AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 19 Jul 10, 00:10
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Monday to one and all.
    #41Authormykl (442296) 19 Jul 10, 05:55
    Comment
    Good morning mykl, bright and early you are :)

edit: heute schon gelacht? related discussion: in conceptual terms - insbesondere #3 :)
    #42Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 19 Jul 10, 07:45
    Comment
    Good morning all!

Back home again., h******* is over... :-((
    I'm afraid the everyday routine will get me too soon...

*seufzend Riesenstapel Urlaubswäsche waschen geh*
    #43Authordragonfly70 (672923) 19 Jul 10, 11:02
    Comment
    Hi, All!! Not a single thing to complain about, nothing needing venting...wonder what's up around the corner :-))
    #44AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 19 Jul 10, 11:42
    Comment
    Juten Tach 4Y, Carly and Libby *omnidirectional wave*

Libby, I've still got 7 weeks to wait for my next h******* *hibbel*

Carly, don't worry, knowing a bit about your recent past it wont take long until SOMETHING happens. *gg*
    #45Authormykl (442296) 19 Jul 10, 11:54
    Comment
    Hi mykl, WHAAATTTTT????? Your entitled to yet ANOTHER holiday??? You just had about 4 weeks :-)))
    #46AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 19 Jul 10, 11:59
    Comment
    30 days holiday + 5 days invalidity holiday + (about 10 days a year of overtime that I have to take as holiday instead of pay) *g*
    #47Authormykl (442296) 19 Jul 10, 12:05
    Comment
    Carly, that's exactly what I wanted to say... ;-))

Are you going to Spain again, mykl?
    #48Authordragonfly70 (672923) 19 Jul 10, 12:07
    Comment
    Yep, doggy sitting again. It's a rotten job, but someone has to do it. *ggg*
    #49Authormykl (442296) 19 Jul 10, 12:09
    Comment
    Oh, pooooor mykl...! *gg*
    #50Authordragonfly70 (672923) 19 Jul 10, 12:10
    Comment
    mykl, I just cannot bear the thought of you having to go through that yet again, after such a brief interlude. I think I better help you out - I mean, what are friends for, if not helping in times of need??
    #51AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 19 Jul 10, 12:11
    Comment
    *laughs* I feel a bit like a 'schnorrer', but he's happy enough that he's got someone he can trust to look after his house/garden/dog so that when they come back everything will still be ok.

*sigh* The flights were more than double the cost that they were in April. By the way my 'just had' was in April and between one holiday and the next it's almost 6 months.
    #52Authormykl (442296) 19 Jul 10, 12:18
    Comment
    mykl, I will have a year between one holiday and the next... *sigh*
    #53Authordragonfly70 (672923) 19 Jul 10, 12:26
    Comment
    One of the joys of having children still at home Libby. I could name an almost 6/7 year period where there were no holidays at all, just day trips or a picnic somewhere close to home.
    #54Authormykl (442296) 19 Jul 10, 12:28
    Comment
    Moin all!

Denk doch nur, Carly, wenn wir Anfang September die spätsommerliche Kühle genießen können, muss der arme mykl weiter in der Hitze schmoren! Traurig, traurig.
    #55AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 19 Jul 10, 12:32
    Comment
    Hi Emil *waves* I'm lucky then that there's a 10*4 mtr swimming pool where I can cool off a bit.
    #56Authormykl (442296) 19 Jul 10, 12:37
    Comment
    Maybe my family will allow me a few days or even a week on my own sometime, without children, just me...
    That will be holiday! *gg*
    #57Authordragonfly70 (672923) 19 Jul 10, 12:41
    Comment
    Yeah, Emil, good point - *myklsheadpat* :-)

#58AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 19 Jul 10, 12:50
    Comment
    Can't you pack them off to summer camp somewhere Libby (for 5 or 6 years). There aren't as many opportunities here as in America, but the numbers are rising.
    #59Authormykl (442296) 19 Jul 10, 12:50
    Comment
    I'm afraid they're still too small for that... they wouldn't go without me.

I had a few days for myself once, my husband stayed at home that time and I went to Hiddensee for a week... That was good!
    I hope I can do that again, I need some time on my own...

Family holidays are really nice, but it's not quite Erholung for me... *gg*
    #60Authordragonfly70 (672923) 19 Jul 10, 13:03
    Comment
    So people, it's time to pack the toys away for another day. I wish everyone a pleasant evening. 'till the morn.
    #61Authormykl (442296) 19 Jul 10, 13:48
    Comment
    Bye mykl! *waves*
    #62Authordragonfly70 (672923) 19 Jul 10, 13:50
    Comment
    *reinwusel*

Hallo, Ihr Lieben.
    Nun ist mein "Zwerg" schon einen Monat alt -wie doch die Zeit vergeht! Wahnsinn. Letzten Mittwoch hat er die 6 kg überschritten, wenn er so weitermacht, krieg ich noch Oberarme wie Popeye. Momentan ist er ungnädig, wenn er in sein bettchen soll (obwohl es neben unserem steht) und will am Liebsten mit Körperkontakt schlafen. Um der lieben Nachtruhe willen lassen wir ihn dann. Momantan hält er grad ein Verdauungsschläfchen in Bauchlage. Morgen ist U3, mal sehen, was der Doc dazu sagt, wie er seinen Kopf schon hält und bewegt..die Hebamme meint ja, wenn er es von allein macht, ist es o.k. Neulich hat er sich nachts auf die Seite gedreht..Hält sich aber auch gar nicht an die Vorschriften.. Spricht fließend drei Sprachen (leider verstehen wir keine davon, es könnte sich um Mandarin, Kisuaheli und Pitjantjatjara handeln). Lieblingswort ist Uläh! gern mehrfach: Ulähulähulähuläh! Wohlgemerkt: gesprochen, nicht geschrien oder geweint.. Den Vornamen meines Mannes kriegt er auch schon hin, bis auf das J, aber das ist ja auch schwer ;)
    Tja, ansonsten sind wir ganz normale Eltern, kein bißchen überdreht, immer ausgeschlafen und gutgelaunt.. *merk wie die nase wächst*

So, man ruft nach mir, ganz liebe Grüße an alle!
    *rausdüs*
    #63AuthorWaringham (384862) 19 Jul 10, 15:56
    Comment
    Huch, Wari verpasst... :-(
    *hinterherruf* Schön, dass es euch gutgeht! :-))
    *nocheinedosespinathinterherwerf* Für alle Fälle! ;-)
    #64Authordragonfly70 (672923) 19 Jul 10, 16:27
    Comment
    Ja, Wari, die halten einem für die nächsten 20 Jahre ganz schön auf Trab :-))
    #65AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 19 Jul 10, 16:49
    Comment
    Wari, du meinst Unterarme wie Popeye! ;-}

Ulähulähuläh!
    #66Authorhermarphromoose (169674) 19 Jul 10, 18:55
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Tuesday to one and all. Hi Wari, we measure time by watching children grow as everything else around us 'ages' at the same rate. :)

Hi hermie, but after popeye has eaten his spinach he gets big upper arms, with tanks/battleships/fireworks in them. It must be true I've seen it on the telly. :)
    #67Authormykl (442296) 20 Jul 10, 07:01
    Comment
    Oh, that's right! Guess it's been too long ... *sigh*

*sends Wari a two-year supply of canned spinach*
    #68Authorhermarphromoose (169674) 20 Jul 10, 08:36
    Comment
    Moin, All!

Libby, habe gerade mit meiner Tochter gesprochen. Enkelin WAR gegen Windpocken geimpft, bekam sie trotzdem, steht jetzt für die nächsten 7 Tage unter Quaratine - und der Verlauf ist schlimmer als ohne Impfung.
    #69AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 20 Jul 10, 11:44
    Comment
    Hi Carly, that doesn't sound too good. As a child I think I had just about every child illness there is. :(
    #70Authormykl (442296) 20 Jul 10, 11:49
    Comment
    I did, too, except for mumps. What did you do on your summer vacation? Had chicken pox - every child's dream :-) At least I can visit her tomorrow.
    #71AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 20 Jul 10, 11:53
    Comment
    Bad news, after waiting so lo-o-o ng for the summer holidays then you get sick. That's not what any child would wish for. The Carly family curse strikes again. *fg*
    #72Authormykl (442296) 20 Jul 10, 12:08
    Comment
    Moin!
    &
    Ulähulähuläh!
    #73AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 20 Jul 10, 12:42
    Comment
    *chuckle* Hi Emil, an educated man of many languages I see. :)
    #74Authormykl (442296) 20 Jul 10, 13:14
    Comment
    Still trying to figure out what you mean, Emil - does that make me uneducated :-))
    #75AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 20 Jul 10, 13:31
    Comment
    #76Authoreasy (238884) 20 Jul 10, 22:28
    Comment
    lOLOLOL - Köstlich, easy :-)))

Weniger "köstlich" - die Details kenne ich noch nicht ganz, aber meine Tochter hat Twix (deren Wolfshund) über's WE zur Pflege in der Nachbarschaft abgegeben, als sie nach Aachen zum Reittournier gefahren sind. Die Frau betreibt auch eine Hundeschule, sprich ist vom Fach. Tja, sie haben nur zufällig erfahren, daß diese blöde Kuh den Twix am Küchentisch festgekettet hat - und zwar fast das ganze WE - weil er seine Familie vermisst hätte und unruhig gewesen wäre - ein Freund hat es nur zufällig gesehen...mehr morgen Nachmittag.

edit on: Habe heute Mittag als ich mich vom e-Mail-Konto ausgeloggt habe, bei Yahoo Nachrichten folgendes gelesen:

Paar stürzt bei heftigem Liebesspiel aus FensterZoomin.tv - Heute, 07:36 Uhr
    In Lübeck ist ein Paar beim offensichtlichen Liebesspiel aus dem Fenster gefallen. Mann und Frau erlitten beide Knochenbrüche und Schädelverletzungen.
    http://de.news.yahoo.com/31/20100720/video/vd...

Sie tun mir in mehrfache Hinsicht sehr leid.
    #77AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 20 Jul 10, 22:44
    Comment
    Nach meiner zweisprachigen Begrüßung musste ich mich erstmal den ernsten Dingen zuwenden.
    Am Abend ging es dann zum Schnitzelessen an die Weser.
    Einmalig wie immer!

Edith meint, das war die Sache wohl nicht wert, Carly.
    #78AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 21 Jul 10, 00:47
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Wednesday to one and all.
    #75. Carly, read #63..."Spricht fließend drei Sprachen (leider verstehen wir keine davon, es könnte sich um Mandarin, Kisuaheli und Pitjantjatjara handeln). Lieblingswort ist Uläh! gern mehrfach: Ulähulähulähuläh!" :))
    #79Authormykl (442296) 21 Jul 10, 06:24
    Comment
    Ooops, double posting. :(
    #80Authormykl (442296) 21 Jul 10, 06:24
    Comment
    Moin allerseits.

Emil, wie kann denn etwas wie immer einmalig sein?
    #81Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 21 Jul 10, 07:58
    Comment
    Moin 4Y *waves* I suppose that every meal is unique - as it always is. :))
    #82Authormykl (442296) 21 Jul 10, 08:03
    Comment
    Or did Emil mean that they went down to the Weser for a Schnitzel just once yesterday -as always? (They never come back for a second Schnitzel the same day) :)

I shall be sitting at the edge of my chair biting my fingernails till Emil comes in and explains himself.

:D
    #83Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 21 Jul 10, 08:19
    Comment
    *chuckle* somehow I can't quite believe that. :)
    #84Authormykl (442296) 21 Jul 10, 08:22
    Comment
    Wari, you don't NEED to buy expensive baby chairs or carriers...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12963...
    #85Authormykl (442296) 21 Jul 10, 12:41
    Comment
    Moin!
    Hier kommt der Retter der Fingernägel ...
    4Y, Du hast den Widerspruch erkannt - sehr schön!
    Und ich hatte ihn zu Deiner Belustigung (und der aller anderen) da hingeschrieben.
    Mehr gibt es daran nicht zu erklären.
    #86AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 21 Jul 10, 13:28
    Comment
    *ggg*
    what an environmental-friendly seat.

Am sad today. Made the mistake of listening to Elgar's Cello concerto. That was the last CD I gave to my dad...

Looking forward to tomorrow evening, though, am flying home. Nephew's christening on Sunday :)
    #87Authoreasy (238884) 21 Jul 10, 13:29
    Comment
    Hi Isi and emil *waves*

I thought so too isi and good for teething problems. :)

So people, it's time for me to pack away the toy box for another day. I wish everyone a pleasant afternoon/evening, have fun and may your Gods go with you.
    #88Authormykl (442296) 21 Jul 10, 13:54
    Comment
    Hello all!
    Ulähulähulähuläh! *auchmalwarisonischsprechenwill* *ggg*

Irgendwie habe ich es gestern gar nicht zu Leo geschafft... Weiß auch nicht, wie das passieren konnte *gg*

Carly, noch mal zu den Windpocken: Die Impfung gibt es ja noch nicht so lange, und zunächst wurde nur einmal geimpft. Dann hat man wohl festgestellt, dass es in einigen Fällen trotz Impfung zur Erkrankung gekommen ist, und inzwischen wird zweimal geimpft. Hat deine Enkelin vielleicht nur eine Impfung bekommen? Ist ja eigentlich auch egal... Ich wünsche ihr jedenfalls gute Besserung!
    #89Authordragonfly70 (672923) 21 Jul 10, 15:22
    Comment
    Hi, All!

Now, I remember the Ulähulä language :-))

Libby, habe sie heute besucht, und brachte eine riesen Rätselbuch vorbei (hat sie sich gewünscht). Sie sah soooooo suß aus, als ob ihr Gesicht mit Tipp-Ex getüpft war (Zinc-zeugs). Ihr geht es sehr gut, sie darf nur nicht raus...ob sie nur einmal geimpft worden ist, weiß ich nicht.
    #90AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 21 Jul 10, 15:25
    Comment
    Wie gesagt, ist ja eigentlich auch egal... Hauptsache, sie wird bald wieder gesund, und dann hat sie es hinter sich! :-)
    #91Authordragonfly70 (672923) 21 Jul 10, 15:27
    Comment
    @emil

ooooooooch Mannooooooooooooo - das war jetzt aber eine langweilige Erklärung! :)
    #92Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 21 Jul 10, 16:01
    Comment
    Du hast sie haben wollen, 4Y, also sei jetzt nicht enttäuscht.
    #93AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 21 Jul 10, 17:01
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Thursday to one and all.
    #94Authormykl (442296) 22 Jul 10, 05:48
    Comment
    Moin!
    Na, eigentlich hatte es doch etwas kühler werden sollen, aber nichts da!
    #95AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 22 Jul 10, 11:44
    Comment
    Hi Emil, t'would depend on where you are. It's a LOT cooler in my little bit of NRW today, not sticky at all. :)
    #96Authormykl (442296) 22 Jul 10, 11:51
    Comment
    Hi mykl! Immerhin ist für den Nachmittag Regen angesagt.
    #97AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 22 Jul 10, 12:00
    Comment
    Moin, All! Was just going to say the same - I thought today was to be cooler....nope, hot and sticky - latest calamity in the extended Carly family - my niece was more or less shoved out of the nest at the "tender" age of 26 - her new apartment had been empty for about a year, and earwigs galore took up residence - YUCK!!
    #98AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Jul 10, 12:00
    Comment
    Hi Carly "at the "tender" age of 26" *chuckle* I'd been out of the nest 8 years by then. :)
    #99Authormykl (442296) 22 Jul 10, 12:15
    Comment
    Yeah, and I had been out for 6 years - her brother is still IN the nest, and he's 29!! Just finished his university studies, and looking for a job, even though he already works part-time...but still :-))
    #100AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Jul 10, 12:24
    Comment
    Hi all!

I had to experience that Schulferien together with Kindergartenferien don't harmonise with my time in Leoland... ;-)

Here today it's much cooler than yesterday! Very angenehm! :-)
    #101Authordragonfly70 (672923) 22 Jul 10, 12:31
    Comment
    Ja, bei Muddern ist es eben so gemütlich!
    #102AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 22 Jul 10, 12:33
    Comment
    Ja, womöglich noch mit Koch- und Wäscheservice! Das muss man woanders erst mal finden... *gg*
    #103Authordragonfly70 (672923) 22 Jul 10, 12:42
    Comment
    Libby, mein Sohn war damals ca. 13 Jahre Alt als er Folgendes von sich gab: Bügeln?!?!! Das ist doch Frauensache!! Mama: Tja, das siehst Du ganz falsch - zu meine Augaben als Mama gehört, Dich zur Selbständigkeit zu erziehen. Sohnemann: Aber BÜGELN, neeeee. Mama: Nun, jetzt muß Du eine Entscheidung treffen - entweder ungebügelt durch's Leben zu gehen, oder Bügeln lernen. Er lernte bügeln :-)) zu mir: bringt mir aber doch hin und wieder ein Hemd mit, da seine Verlobte NICHT bügelt...
    #104AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Jul 10, 12:49
    Comment
    *laughs* One of work mates (he's sitting next to me) has NEVER EVER ironed anything and he's 46. :)
    #105Authormykl (442296) 22 Jul 10, 13:07
    Comment
    Ich muss ja gestehen, dass ich extrem selten bügele... Kindersachen sowieso grundsätzlich nicht, und bei meinen Sachen sehe ich auch meist keinen Sinn darin... für den Weg zum Einkaufen oder zum Kindergarten muss ich keine gebügelten Sachen anhaben. Und Anlässe, bei denen ich 'gebügelt' antreten müsste, gibt es hier nicht... Falls ich irgendwann in ferner Zukunft mal eine Arbeit kriegen sollte (für die ich bezahlt werde...) und zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch muss, werde ich auch mal meine Sachen bügeln...
    Und mein Mann bügelt seine Hemden meist selbst. :-)

Habe ich schon mal gesagt, dass ich mich nicht für die perfekte Hausfrau halte...?
    #106Authordragonfly70 (672923) 22 Jul 10, 13:22
    Comment
    Why? Do you have to spend 6 hours a day ironing to be a good housewife *ponder*
    #107Authormykl (442296) 22 Jul 10, 13:24
    Comment
    It's not only the not-ironing I'm thinking of, mykl... There are many other things I should do but which I don't do... at least not as often as they would be good to be done (irgendwas ist jetzt komisch an dem Satz, aber ich lass ihn jetzt mal so..), like cleaning windows or Fensterbänke or...

Ich glaube, mein schlechtes Gewissen treibt mich jetzt mal wieder zu meinen häuslichen Pflichten... Ich habe ja so was von keine Lust! :-((
    #108Authordragonfly70 (672923) 22 Jul 10, 13:37
    Comment
    Ts ts ts Libby, you scrub, dust, wash and wipe, what for ? Next year you'll just have to do it all again. *g*

So, it's time for me to pack away the cleaning box for another day and go home. I wish everyone a pleasant pleasing afternoon/evening.
    #109Authormykl (442296) 22 Jul 10, 13:52
    Comment
    Wishing you the same, mykl!!

Libby, I get really tickled when I hear my daughter say "Mommy" things such as: pick up your room, am I the ONLY one who knows how to replace a toilet paper, on and on...all the things she heard from her Mommy when growing up :-)
    #110AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Jul 10, 14:03
    Comment
    Replacing the toilet paper seems to be one of the greatest mysteries on earth.. :)
    Baby's asleep for the moment, so I finally get some things done. Yesterday, I had an entire washing machine filled with HIS stuff.. imagine having size 62 and filling the entire machine..Well, there were some towels and more voluminous stuff, but still..

It's not as sunny and hot here as it has been the last weeks, so perhaps, we can finally sleep in our bedroom again. We stayed in the cellar for the last nights, but it doesn't make things easier when someone needs to get up at nights.. Yesterday, baby didn't want to sleep, didn't want to drink, didn't want new diapers, wasn't in pain in any way, but was still crying out loud unless he was on my or hubby's arms.. try sleeping with a 12 pound baby on your arm.. But I really DO love him!
    http://www.thecocktailcafe.com/wp-content/upl...
    #111AuthorWaringham (384862) 22 Jul 10, 14:29
    Comment
    *myklhinterherwink*

Yes, Carly, I guess some things will never change... ;-)

Hi Wari *waves*, just remember the proven fact: a mother doesn't need any sleep... ;-)
    #112Authordragonfly70 (672923) 22 Jul 10, 14:30
    Comment
    Hi Wari!! He was probably just cranky :-)) OMG - size 62 already! Big boy!
    #113AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Jul 10, 14:38
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Friday to one and all.
    #114Authormykl (442296) 23 Jul 10, 05:50
    Comment
    mykl :-)))

Hi, All! Has supposedly cooled off, but why am I "working up a sweat" just by sitting here with the fan on?? Gotta go to my "Nachhilfestunde" with the 5th grader.
    #115AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 23 Jul 10, 10:31
    Comment
    Hi/Bye Carly, have fun. :)
    #116Authormykl (442296) 23 Jul 10, 11:17
    Comment
    Moin!
    Und, fühlt sich jetzt irgendwer besser, ohne Sonne?
    #117AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 23 Jul 10, 13:02
    Comment
    Back!! Had drawn up a test for him, and he passed with flying colors :-)) Very proud of himself, he is :-))

Emil, es ist zwar 7-8°C kühler aber immernoch sooooo schwül...

Was having a cup of coffee this morning, glanced out the window and could NOT believe my eyes - the house below me has a single upstairs (Milchglaß) window, which I had always assumed was the attic - this morning I saw a woman in that room - STARK NAKED. Wonder whether I should pay her a call and let her know :-))
    #118AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 23 Jul 10, 13:37
    Comment
    Moin allerseits.

Carly, alternatively you could simply install a webcam and send her the link ;)
    #119Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 23 Jul 10, 15:17
    Comment
    Auch eine Idee, 4Ys :-))
    #120AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 23 Jul 10, 15:22
    Comment
    So, Wochenende. Ich wünsch Euch allen ein schönes. :)
    #121Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 23 Jul 10, 16:04
    Comment
    Moin!
    Schönes Wochende allerseits!
    #122AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 24 Jul 10, 12:36
    Comment
    Wünsche ich Dir auch, Emil (und alle anderen :-))

Jetzt muß ich mich wirklich um meine Haushalt kümmern - keine Ausrede wegen der Hitze mehr :-))
    #123AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 24 Jul 10, 12:53
    Comment
    Na dann, Wasser marsch!
    #124AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 24 Jul 10, 15:43
    Comment
    Hello all!

I've got nothing interesting to tell so I just wish you a nice sunny Sunday! :-))
    #125Authordragonfly70 (672923) 25 Jul 10, 11:53
    Comment
    Hello, All!

Not much going on here, either - called my daughter to wish her a Happy First Wedding Anniversary, which I thought was today, but was yesterday. They spent it felling trees that had been struck by lightning during that last storm - cracked me up :-))
    #126AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 25 Jul 10, 12:58
    Comment
    Good morning all!
    #127Authordragonfly70 (672923) 26 Jul 10, 06:50
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Monday to one and all.
    #128Authormykl (442296) 26 Jul 10, 06:55
    Comment
    Morning, All!

mykl, I almost deleted your e-mail as spam :-)) Good thing I saw the myklausunna :-))
    #129AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 26 Jul 10, 11:48
    Comment
    Hi Carly *waves* you beat me to it. I wanted to ask if my mail had found it's way up your mountain. :) Raining here.
    #130Authormykl (442296) 26 Jul 10, 12:20
    Comment
    Not yet raining, but looks like it'll soon start. Will now fill out questionnaire :-)

edit on: How can I possibly pick just ONE type of favorite music ???
    #131AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 26 Jul 10, 12:23
    Comment
    *chuckle* then dont. List 2, 3 or all of them. :)

Let me guess, you like BOTH kinds of music...country AND western. *gg*
    #132Authormykl (442296) 26 Jul 10, 12:28
    Comment
    LOL! Yeah! But also hard rock, metal, Gospel, protest songs à la Dylan, how would you categorize Cat Stevens, Joplin, on and on - easier to list what I don't like: rap, techno, and most of punk :-))
    #133AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 26 Jul 10, 12:31
    Comment
    Pop music??
    #134Authormykl (442296) 26 Jul 10, 12:37
    Comment
    I just wrote hard and soft rock - will add pop...very difficult, since music is such an essential part of my being :-))
    #135AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 26 Jul 10, 12:42
    Comment
    Moin all!
    Carly, jetzt muss ich die ganze Zeit überlegen, wie man die eigenen Lieblingsmusikstile mit einem Wort kollektiv bezeichnen könnte!

personal
    preference
    Carlypso
    myklsound
    emilton
    isotrance
    ?
    hmm ...
    #136AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 26 Jul 10, 13:06
    Comment
    Hi Emil *smiles* Carlypso and Isotrance sound great. :)
    #137Authormykl (442296) 26 Jul 10, 13:10
    Comment
    Wonderful, Emil :-))) Isotrance :-))

Had about 15 pages of technical junk sent to me this morning, and now another 110 pages - naturally, all "urgent"....well, there's another two months of Kimmy-catfood ensured - not to mention my own food :-)
    #138AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 26 Jul 10, 13:13
    Comment
    I suppose we could have Tangowl as well. Work is work Carly. Selbstständig just means you arbeitest selbst und ständig. :)
    #139Authormykl (442296) 26 Jul 10, 13:44
    Comment
    haha ...
    ... and libellion!

edit: Tangowl spricht sich tan-'gowl, oder?
    #140AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 26 Jul 10, 13:58
    Comment
    Yeah, mykl - but I do wish 110 pages of interesting stuff would show up every now and then :-))

tangowl :))
    #141AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 26 Jul 10, 14:01
    Comment
    How about 'myklmania'?

Na, vielleicht auch nicht - gibt's schon bei Google.
    #142AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 26 Jul 10, 14:01
    Comment
    So, ich werde jetzt gleich den Rechner runterfahren und bin dann die nächsten Tage off-line.
    Allen eine schöne Woche!
    Tschüss!
    #143AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 26 Jul 10, 14:16
    Comment
    Bye Emil, till the next time.
    #144Authormykl (442296) 26 Jul 10, 14:21
    Comment
    So, it's time to pack away the toy box for another day. I wish everyone a pleasant evening, have fun and may your Gods go with you.
    #145Authormykl (442296) 26 Jul 10, 15:38
    Comment
    Hi all!

I've been 'in action' the whole day... no time for Leo...

mykl (@132), I love that, it's one of my favourites from the 'Blues Brothers' movie... :-)))
    #146Authordragonfly70 (672923) 26 Jul 10, 19:03
    Comment
    So, wieder in München.
    Ihr wart aber nicht gerade fleißig
    *strengguck*
    Wari, Dein Sohn und mein Neffe sprechen offenbar verschiedene Sprachen.
    Uläh sagte ihm gar nix, dafür sagt er immer "brrr-rabäh". Wahlweise "Rabäh-rabäh" =)
    #147Authoreasy (238884) 26 Jul 10, 20:38
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Tuesday to one and all. Libby, nice to know you're a fan of the BB's too. :) Isi, we didn't want you to have too much to read back. :)
    #148Authormykl (442296) 27 Jul 10, 06:51
    Comment
    Moin, All! Not much time today - "hundreds" of pages to translate, plus my son-in-law turned 40 and small party tonight - huge party on the 4th :-)
    #149AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 27 Jul 10, 10:24
    Comment
    Moin Carly, sounds like fun. Did you get 10 minutes to answer the questionaire yesterday?
    #150Authormykl (442296) 27 Jul 10, 10:31
    Comment
    mykl, Am half-way through the questionnaire - but it's soooooooo hard to pin myself down to just a couple of songs, records, genres :-))

edit on: mykl, Could I use a German song for "bad memories" - Flugzeuge im Bauch - end of my marriage.
    #151AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 27 Jul 10, 10:33
    Comment
    You don't need to make a 6 course meal of it. *g* He only sought short answers.
    #152Authormykl (442296) 27 Jul 10, 10:37
    Comment
    'couse you can Carly. he wanted answers in English, but noone said that the songs had to be English too.
    #153Authormykl (442296) 27 Jul 10, 10:43
    Comment
    Yeah, he did mention short answers, BUT that's nigh impossible when it comes to music :-)) Recent music memory - I can no longer listen to Joan Baez without cracking up - and I bet you know why :-))
    #154AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 27 Jul 10, 10:45
    Comment
    Just sent you the questionnaire, mykl, now it's back to the grind...well, might as well make a pot of coffee, first :-))
    #155AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 27 Jul 10, 11:32
    Comment
    Got it! Thank you very much for your time and effort Carly. :)
    #156Authormykl (442296) 27 Jul 10, 12:34
    Comment
    It was FUN, mykl :-))
    #157AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 27 Jul 10, 12:54
    Comment
    Juhuu..da bin ich mal wieder. Sollte sagen: sind wir. Der Kleine pennt auf meinem Schoß, ist nur zufrieden, wenn er überall dabei und möglichst im Mittelpunkt ist :) DAS hat er nicht von mir..von meinem Mann auch nicht. Da schlagen wohl beide Großväter durch!!

Endlich ist es kühler mit Regen, der Garten sieht schlimm aus. Werden im Herbst die blöde Mirabelle fällen. die schmeißt Tonnen von faulen Früchten für Bienen und Wespen auf den Rasen. bisher habe ich das immer toleriert, aber mit einem krabbelnden Zwerg muß das nächstes jahr anders werden!!

Werde jetzt mal ein bißchen Hausarbeit machen, es bleibt schließlich momentan ALLES liegen..

Ganz liebe Grüße auch vom Vater :)
    #158AuthorWaringham (384862) 27 Jul 10, 12:55
    Comment
    Hi Wari and Warison, we men ALWAYS like to be the centre of attention (hubby's a weird exception *g*)...you've got a few years to get used to it though.
    #159Authormykl (442296) 27 Jul 10, 12:58
    Comment
    Warison interrupted my edit :-)) Jaaaaa, Wari, sooooo isses mit den Kleinen :-))

edit on: Not at all fun, though, was today's local news. A couple of months ago, I had mentioned to my mother that every time I went shopping at the village Edeka, it seemed another cat had gone missing (people posting pictures in the window). Today there was a full-page article in the newspaper. Over THIRTY cats have gone missing within the past 3 weeks in this village and the two neighboring ones - all between Friday evening - Sunday morning...
    #160AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 27 Jul 10, 12:58
    Comment
    Sorry for interrupting :)

Do you have some pharmaceutical labs around? Or has a hunter gone crazy? Take good care of Kimmy-cat..

Need to leave now due to increasing sound-attack..
    #161AuthorWaringham (384862) 27 Jul 10, 13:06
    Comment
    Yeah, over the mountain in Kassel - Braun. Wir haaaabbbben Hunger, Hunger, Hunger, wir haben DURST :-))
    #162AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 27 Jul 10, 13:09
    Comment
    [cynical mode on] Where's the next restaurant *fg* There's little in difference between a skinned cat and a skinned rabbit once you've removed the feet and I'm told there's not a lot of difference in the taste either.
    #163Authormykl (442296) 27 Jul 10, 13:13
    Comment
    So, it's time to pack away the toys for another day. I wish everyone a pleasant evening, have fun and may your Gods go with you.
    #164Authormykl (442296) 27 Jul 10, 15:00
    Comment
    Byeeeeee mykl - wishing you a safe ride home :-)
    #165AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 27 Jul 10, 15:02
    Comment
    Guess what: I'm ill AGAIN!
    Scheiß Klimaanlagen...
    myklchen, very considerate of you ;o)
    Wari, nice to hear from you :)
    Oh dear, Carly, take very good care of your cat. Does she have a microchip and a tattoo?
    Wo isn Emil?
    #166Authoreasy (238884) 27 Jul 10, 22:05
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Wednesday to one and all. I hope it's not shell rot Isi. *fg* Get well soon :)
    #167Authormykl (442296) 28 Jul 10, 07:13
    Comment
    Good morning all!

*Wariundwarifamilyzuwink* Schön von euch zu hören! :-)
    Oh, easy, gute Besserung!
    Carly, das ist ja unheimlich... pass gut auf Kimmy auf! Aber wie will man das machen bei Freigängerkatzen...

mykl, what is 'shell rot'? *nixversteh*
    #168Authordragonfly70 (672923) 28 Jul 10, 09:58
    Comment
    Moin, All!

On my way to the birthday party yesterday, stopped by another grocery store, different village in the valley, and one family had posted a picture of BOTH their cats - gone missing...

easy, She doesn't have a chip, nor a tattoo - the inside of her ears is as black as her fur...
    #169AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 28 Jul 10, 10:07
    Comment
    Moin Libby, it's an illness that tortoises and turtles get, but hopefully not vets that handle them. :)

Hi Carly, maybe the police should ask the local supermarkets if some one is buying 60/70 tins of cat food per day. :)
    #170Authormykl (442296) 28 Jul 10, 10:07
    Comment
    Ah, thanks, mykl. I thought it must be something like that but wasn't sure... ;-)

Now I've got things to do... but as always I don't want to do them... *sigh*
    #171Authordragonfly70 (672923) 28 Jul 10, 10:17
    Comment
    Moin moin all
    Carly, we had an epidemic of cats disappearing around here last year (65 in total) and it was traced back to the people that deposit those plastic buckets in front of your house collecting shoes, apparently they had sprayed the inside of the buckets with a sent that attracted the cats and if there were any cats in the buckets when they came back to collect them they would simply close the lid and take the cat with them. They were supposedly selling them to pharmaceutical companies, but there are also a few towns around our area that consider cat a delicacy. So watch out for shoe buckets.
    #172AuthorVileness fats (241697) 28 Jul 10, 10:47
    Comment
    Moin.
    (nur kurz, Baby heult schon wieder, da er seit etwa 20 sec nicht mehr im Mittelpunkt meiner Aufmerksamkeit steht- und zugegebenermaßen eine neue Windel braucht ;)

Unsere Hunde sind beide tätowiert und gechippt, aber im Zweifelsfall nutzt das auch wenig, wenn sie nämlich jemand absichtlich mitnimmt.. Du bist da auf Deinem Berg ja zum Glück etwas weg vom geschehen, aber ich wär' schon vorsichtig..

Ansonsten regnet es, Hunde und Wagen sind noch nass von der Runde, die Windel auch, daher sag ich schon mal wieder tschüss und wünsche allerseits einen schöne Tag und Isi gute Besserung.. Kannst Du mir mal Deine neue Adresse geben? zwecks Rückführung von Dr. Herriot?!
    #173AuthorWaringham (384862) 28 Jul 10, 11:04
    Comment
    Good morning Vf, Wari and Warison *waves*

Cat nip in buckets, now there's a new twist to the story.

Don't worry Wari, he'll stop crying at about the same stage in his development as him wanting to borrow your car for the weekend. :)
    #174Authormykl (442296) 28 Jul 10, 11:37
    Comment
    Wari, neeeee - es ist gerade hier auf dem Berg, wo über 30 Katzen spurlos verschwunden sind!

Vf, Yeah, my son had the "basket traps" in his region (Bad Hersfeld), but they don't let their cat out - this morning he said: Well, you keep Kimmy-cat in - easier said than done, once they've had a taste of outdoor life...hadn't noticed any baskets around, though. Really horrifying - my Stormy disappeared in that manner years ago - and a couple of weeks later, newspaper reported cat nappers in the area at that point in time. I would have been sooooo grateful to have found him dead somewhere.

edit on: Got another 100-odd pages sent to me to proofread - new customer, too!
    #175AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 28 Jul 10, 13:58
    Comment
    YEAAAAHH! If all your 'casual' customers keep coming back you'll soon be in full time employment - good news. :)
    #176Authormykl (442296) 28 Jul 10, 14:02
    Comment
    *chuckle* Carly, I just wondered what proofread is... I read proo-fread at first...
    But I got it then... :-)
    #177Authordragonfly70 (672923) 28 Jul 10, 14:06
    Comment
    Yeah, and now I better get started :-)) Interesting stuff, too, IT - right up my alley :-)
    #178AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 28 Jul 10, 14:15
    Comment
    Had just gotten onto the "Höllental" road this morning, when guess what they started playing on the radio: Highway to Hell :-))
    #179AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 28 Jul 10, 14:19
    Comment
    Just to remind you to be careful... ;-)
    #180Authordragonfly70 (672923) 28 Jul 10, 14:25
    Comment
    Cloudburst "vom feinsten" here!
    #181AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 28 Jul 10, 14:34
    Comment
    *looks at very dark sky*
    *whimper*

So people, it's time to pack my toy box away for another day. I wish everyone a pleasant evening, have fun and may your Gods go with you. :)
    #182Authormykl (442296) 28 Jul 10, 15:09
    Comment
    Well, our cloudburst is over, sun shining - hope you make it home before it hits you, mykl!
    #183AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 28 Jul 10, 15:15
    Comment
    *myklverspätethinterherwink*

It rained here, too, but now it's dry (for the moment...), even a bit sunny.
    I don't know when it will start raining again though...
    #184Authordragonfly70 (672923) 28 Jul 10, 15:52
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Thursday to one and all. It didn't rain at all yesterday, the sun came out again and it was a luvverly evening. :)
    #185Authormykl (442296) 29 Jul 10, 07:30
    Comment
    Moin, All!

Glad you made it home safe and DRY, mykl :-))

Latest episode in the Carly's family curse - struck my nephew this time: He recently passed his university exams with about the highest possible grades. Has sent out numerous applications, and worked especially hard on one, where he really wanted that particular job. Was invited to an interview, where all went smoothly - but got turned down, nevertheless. He has waist-length hair, which he had tied back into a ponytail - got to worrying about whether that was why he didn't get the job, called the company and was told: No, that's not the reason - we had narrowed it down to three candidates, couldn't decide on which one to hire, so we drew lots - you lost....on the brighter side, he might get an internship at said company.
    #186AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 29 Jul 10, 10:27
    Comment
    Moin Carly, me too. :)

At least he got through to the interview stage Carly, 98% don't.
    #187Authormykl (442296) 29 Jul 10, 10:44
    Comment
    Yeah, that's the sad truth, mykl - what's really "funny" in this particular case...he had applied for a position at Totto/Lotto Headquarters :-)
    #188AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 29 Jul 10, 11:53
    Comment
    *chuckle* In this case then he just had the wrong numbers. :))
    #189Authormykl (442296) 29 Jul 10, 12:27
    Comment
    Yeah, Guess he lacked the "Zusatz-Zahl" :-))
    #190AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 29 Jul 10, 12:35
    Comment
    So, it's time to pack away the toys for another day. I wish everyone a pleasant evening, have fun and may your Gods go with you.
    #191Authormykl (442296) 29 Jul 10, 14:55
    Comment
    Just got my second "Auftrag" from the new customer - I don't believe it - another seven pages on milling machines :-))
    #192AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 29 Jul 10, 17:13
    Comment
    Hi all! *waves*

Carly, that's great! :-))
    Maybe that's part of your family curse: each time you get another job something happens to you or one of your family...
    #193Authordragonfly70 (672923) 29 Jul 10, 18:50
    Comment
    @Carly have you got Brandstetter Unilex ? We make tools for milling machines and I find it relatively useful. If you have any words you need help with let me know (you never know I may be able to help). So back to the grind, "kühlmitteldurchfluss prüfen" translation ! Oh what fun, not ! ;-)
    #194AuthorVileness fats (241697) 30 Jul 10, 09:49
    Comment
    Has everyone been given the day off and they forgot to tell me :-(
    #195AuthorVileness fats (241697) 30 Jul 10, 12:50
    Comment
    Hello all! *waves*

Vf, just a lot to do and nothing interesting to tell... :-(
    #196Authordragonfly70 (672923) 30 Jul 10, 12:55
    Comment
    Hi, All!

Had my Nachhilfeschüler this morning, just got back.

Vf, When I first read your post, I thought you might be talking about a specific milling machine - then it dawned on me, you're talking about a dictionary, right?? No, I obviously don't have it :-))
    #197AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 30 Jul 10, 13:48
    Comment
    This was just sent to me :-))

A drunk man who smelled like beer sat down on a subway next to a priest. The man's tie was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick, and a half empty bottle of beer was sticking out of his torn coat pocket. He opened his newspaper and began reading. After a few minutes he turned to the priest and asked, "Say Father, what causes arthritis?”

The priest replies, "My Son, it's caused by loose living, being with cheap, wicked women, too much alcohol, contempt for your fellow man, sleeping around with prostitutes and lack of a bath."

The drunk muttered in response, "Well, I'll be damned," then returned to his paper.

The priest, thinking about what he had said, nudged the man and apologized. "I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to come on so strong. How long have you had arthritis?"

The drunk answered, "I don't have it, Father. I was just reading here that the Pope does."
    #198AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 30 Jul 10, 16:12
    Comment
    LOL !!!
    That's great, Carly...
    #199Authordragonfly70 (672923) 30 Jul 10, 16:27
    Comment
    Moin!
    Back on duty.
    85 emails - das geht ja noch.
    Ich hatte mich ordnungsgemäß abgemeldet, easy.
    Allen ein schönes Wochenende!
    #200AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 31 Jul 10, 00:01
    Comment
    Oh, sorry, Emil =)
    Guten Morgen.
    Morgen ist Lughnasadh.
    Und ich LIEBE Penicillin. Wollte ich nur mal erwähnt haben :)
    #201Authoreasy (238884) 31 Jul 10, 11:22
    Comment
    Hi easy! *wink*
    Morgen ist was? *verständislosguck*

Dann wünsche ich mal gute Besserung... habe ich das jetzt richtig verstanden?
    #202Authordragonfly70 (672923) 31 Jul 10, 11:42
    Comment
    Danke, Libby, ja, hast Du

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lughnasadh
    Ich hoffe, da ist es richtig beschrieben. Mein Computer hat seit Wochen Probleme, Wikipedia zu öffnen, bzw. zu laden.

So, Lidl wartet...
    Hab ich erwähnt, dass ich am Dienstag, als ich gerade richtig krank wurde, natürlich auch noch mein EC-Karten-Magnetstreifen kaputt gegangen ist, ich noch ungefähr 3,50 € im Portemonaie hatte, einen ziemlich leeren Kühlschrank, eine neue EC-Karte aber 10 Tage braucht, meine VISA-Karte einen fehlerhaften Chip hat, also auch ausfällt, und mein bester Freund, der mir Geld geliehen hätte, gerade nicht in München weilte?
    Oh, es gibt Tage...
    #203Authoreasy (238884) 31 Jul 10, 13:28
    Comment
    easy, Are you sure we're not somehow related ?? :-)) Accept that I'm highly allergic to penicillin, as is my mother, children, granddaughter...Gute Besserung!!! Diese Chip-dingsda kann man bei der Bank einscannen lassen, um den "Update" draufzubekommen - zumindest hier bei der Sparkasse - ich bin sogar schriftlich darüber benachrichtigt worden, obwohl meine funktioniert hatte.
    #204AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 31 Jul 10, 13:35
    Comment
    easy, das ist ja blöd...

Carly, I really hope you won't infect any more people with your curse... ;-)
    #205Authordragonfly70 (672923) 31 Jul 10, 13:43
    Comment
    Don't you DARE, Carly ;o)
    But who knows?
    Das mit dem Update ist irgendwie jetzt vorbei... Hab jetzt auch nen Brief bekommen. Und hab dann angeruen, da wurde mir gesagt: Das stand auf Ihren Kontoauszügen drauf und war Anfang des Jahres in allen Medien.

ääääääähhhhhhhm...

*peinlichesSchweigen*

echt?

Na ja, wie dem auch sei, die VISA-Karte spinnt erst seit 2 Monaten oder so, ich benutzte sie eh nur ganz selten (zum Tanken meistens). Und sie hat die ganze Zeit funktioniert.
    Und bei den Kontoauszügen... also, ich guck halt auch die Abbuchungen und den Gesamtbetrag. Das ganze Gelaber drumherum war vorher auch noch nie wichtig ;o)
    Aber jetzt muß ich definitiv nachm Lidl.
    (Dabei is mir doch so schwindelig...)
    #206Authoreasy (238884) 31 Jul 10, 13:49
    Comment
    Moin all!

Hier ist noch ein Stückchen Traubenzucker für bis zum Lidl und zurück, easy: °
    #207AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 31 Jul 10, 14:02
    Comment
    Danke, Emil, das hat geholfen ;o)
    #208Authoreasy (238884) 31 Jul 10, 15:52
    Comment
    Hello all!

easy, are you feeling better today?
    #209Authordragonfly70 (672923) 01 Aug 10, 11:27
    Comment
    Hi Libby,
    Happy Lughnasadh, everybody. Blessed be! =)
    Yes, thank you, Libby, much better. But my feet are cold...
    #210Authoreasy (238884) 01 Aug 10, 12:27
    Comment
    Moin, All!

Glad to hear you're feeling better, easy - clicked onto your link, but just saw your name and an otherwise blank page, apart from "Gallery"
    #211AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 01 Aug 10, 12:31
    Comment
    Mist, works for me...
    hi Carly :)
    Can you browse the gallery? It was "Sussex dawn"
    #212Authoreasy (238884) 01 Aug 10, 12:39
    Comment
    For me, it did work. Very nice picture, easy! :-))
    I didn't know you were an artist, too... *staun*
    Hi Carly! *waves*
    #213Authordragonfly70 (672923) 01 Aug 10, 12:48
    Comment
    OHHHHHHHHH LOVVVVELLLLYYYYY!!!! Did you paint that picture??? And, I saw Hagalaz :-)) And is that your kitty??
    #214AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 01 Aug 10, 12:49
    Comment
    Thank you.
    And yes and yes.
    :)
    That picture is in my "hall" right now. OMG... I have a HALL. And a kitchen AND a bathroom AND a bedroom AND a work room -and a tiny storage room °^°
    #215Authoreasy (238884) 01 Aug 10, 12:55
    Comment
    Do/Did you work with oil paints??
    #216AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 01 Aug 10, 12:57
    Comment
    No, that one's pastells. I don't do oil. Acrylics, though.
    Right. Need to be off now. Cleaning Gertrude's tank (turtle) *sigh*
    I'd much rather stay at home and laze around and get better. But next weekend I won't have time, either. I'l have to drive Hagalaz away (*HOIL*). So I have to clean that turle today...
    #217Authoreasy (238884) 01 Aug 10, 13:01
    Comment
    Moin all!

Hmm, very beautiful, easy!
    #218AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 01 Aug 10, 13:04
    Comment
    My first thought was also pastels - but wanted to make sure - don't do oils either, but my mother does.

AWWWWW, that's going to be very rough, easy!
    #219AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 01 Aug 10, 13:07
    Comment
    I just browsed through your gallery, easy. Really beautiful pictures, all of them! :-))

It must be hard to let Hagalaz go... :-(
    Where will you take her?
    #220Authordragonfly70 (672923) 01 Aug 10, 14:09
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Monday to one and all. Isi, I'm glad to see that you're still finding time (in your busy schedule) to paint. :)
    #221Authormykl (442296) 02 Aug 10, 07:24
    Comment
    Moin!
    Einen guten Start in den August!
    #222AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 02 Aug 10, 11:05
    Comment
    Morning, All!

Danke, Emil - fängt für mich zumindest gut an - volle "Auftragsbuch" :-) Now, I just have to get with it :-))
    #223AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 02 Aug 10, 11:31
    Comment
    Juten Tach Emil and Carly *waves*

*watches Carly getting on with it*

Ah, I love work, I could watch it for hours. :)
    #224Authormykl (442296) 02 Aug 10, 12:33
    Comment
    Well, so far I've managed to make a pot of coffee, take out the "gelbe Säcke," feed Kimmy, read a couple of pages in a book and open the relevant files...now, I really DO need to get at it!
    #225AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 02 Aug 10, 12:46
    Comment
    Yessss!!!
    #226AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 02 Aug 10, 12:56
    Comment
    Yeah, you're absolutely right, Emil - I really should first refill my coffee mug :-))
    #227AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 02 Aug 10, 12:57
    Comment
    Hello all!

It's good to see you're all fleißig... :-)

I just came back home, I went shopping this morning, which is no fun with all the children jumping around me all the time... Especially the "Mama, ich muss mal!" is really annoying when we just had come into the shop, gone up the Rolltreppe and crossed the whole shop to get to the things we were looking for... So we crossed the shop back, went down the Rolltreppe, looked for the toilet, and then the same again... I think I wouldn't have been so irritated if I hadn't asked all to go to the toilet before we started... "Nein, ich muss nicht, ganz bestimmt nicht!"
    But it could have been worse (for example if there's no toilet in the shop...), so it's just "Leiden auf hohem Niveau"... ;-))

*mirjetzterstmalteekoch*
    #228Authordragonfly70 (672923) 02 Aug 10, 14:19
    Comment
    'ello there.
    myklchen, those paintings are OLD, that is my problem. I would love to paint, but I really havent got the time.

Now I want FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!
    #229Authoreasy (238884) 02 Aug 10, 17:53
    Comment
    easy, das hier wird dich bestimmt freuen:

Vorhin hörte ich meine kleinste Tochter (knapp 4) ein Lied vor sich hin singen, und als ich genauer hinhörte, erkannte ich es:
    "Sicut es unda, sicut es unda..." :-)))
    #230Authordragonfly70 (672923) 02 Aug 10, 17:53
    Comment
    ooooooooooooooooooooh
    *hüpf*
    SO gehört sich das. Get them, when they are young ;)
    Gib ihr ein Dankesbussi von mir :)))))
    #231Authoreasy (238884) 02 Aug 10, 18:58
    Comment
    mmmmm....was she singing, or incanting??? SCNR :-)))
    #232AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 02 Aug 10, 19:02
    Comment
    I'll do that, easy! :-)

Carly, I'm convinced she was singing... :-))
    #233Authordragonfly70 (672923) 02 Aug 10, 21:10
    Comment
    Donnerwetter, was Carly so für Wörter kennt -
    da muss unsereiner erst nachschlagen!
    #234AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 02 Aug 10, 21:33
    Comment
    Emil, ist doch meine Muttersprache :-)) Aber seltsam, daß es nicht in LEO steht...

Libby, Boy, did your shopping trip bring back "fond" memories :-))
    #235AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 02 Aug 10, 21:48
    Comment
    Na klar, Carly, das war wieder mal so ein verquerer Scherz von mir.

Ich vergaß zu sagen: Mit Latein kann man nicht früh genug anfangen.
    #236AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 02 Aug 10, 21:55
    Comment
    Weiß ich doch, Emil :-) Ist es schon zu spät damit anzufangen, wenn Frau 55 ist? :-)
    #237AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 02 Aug 10, 22:10
    Comment
    Also für mich wäre es zu spät.
    Aber bei mir war schon die siebte Klasse zu spät.
    Da ist sowas von nichts hängen geblieben!
    Gute Nacht!
    *undulates*
    #238AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 03 Aug 10, 00:12
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Tuesday to one and all. No Latin where I came from, in fact proper English was almost a 2nd language. :)
    #239Authormykl (442296) 03 Aug 10, 06:55
    Comment
    Hi Mykl is it your turn to be "Billy no friends" today ? Happened to me last week so you have my sympathy :-)
    #240AuthorVileness fats (241697) 03 Aug 10, 11:42
    Comment
    Moin!

Vf, bist Du schon in Kur?
    Machst Du Fortschritte?
    #241AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 03 Aug 10, 11:47
    Comment
    Hi Vf and Emil *waves*

Vf, I've got enough other things to do. :)
    #242Authormykl (442296) 03 Aug 10, 11:49
    Comment
    Hi Emil
    leider nicht! erst ab 08.09.10 :-(
    #243AuthorVileness fats (241697) 03 Aug 10, 11:58
    Comment
    Hi, All! Have done a lot of nothing again, today - well, went grocery shopping, made my bed, soooooooo, should get busy.
    #244AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 03 Aug 10, 12:23
    Comment
    *chuckle* should ain't the same as must. :)

Hi Carly *waves*
    #245Authormykl (442296) 03 Aug 10, 12:26
    Comment
    Ain't that the truth, mykl!! Well, 14 pages down, 100 to go :-((
    #246AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 03 Aug 10, 13:08
    Comment
    Hello all!

Here's what my daughter was singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcEO54iY5hk
    (For those who might be interested and haven't known yet...)

And I wouldn't mind if my children would pick up a little Latin ...
    Did I mention sometime that I had Latin as Leistungskurs in school? I liked it but unfortunately I have forgotten very much in the meantime... :-(
    #247Authordragonfly70 (672923) 03 Aug 10, 13:11
    Comment
    Libby, you can put that down to lack of conversational practice....as in any language. *gg*

So people, it's time to pack the toys away for another day. I wish everyone a pleasant evening, have fun and may your Gods go with you.
    #248Authormykl (442296) 03 Aug 10, 15:00
    Comment
    Wishing you the same, mykl!
    #249AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 03 Aug 10, 15:04
    Comment
    *myklverspätetnachwink*
    #250Authordragonfly70 (672923) 03 Aug 10, 15:38
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Wednesday to one and all.
    #251Authormykl (442296) 04 Aug 10, 06:53
    Comment
    Good morning all!

Hi mykl *waves*, how are you today? And how's your headache?
    I hope you are well and the headache isn't...
    #252Authordragonfly70 (672923) 04 Aug 10, 08:27
    Comment
    Hi Libby, I'm fine. *waves back* The headache is getting to be less and less of a problem GsD. :)
    #253Authormykl (442296) 04 Aug 10, 08:33
    Comment
    It's really good to hear that! :-))
    We were getting worried about you...
    #254Authordragonfly70 (672923) 04 Aug 10, 08:36
    Comment
    Morning, all :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkbyFsLZzLs this is one of my favourites... But there are so many other lovely Faun songs =)))

I learned Latin and Ancient Greek at school, Libby. And although I hated the actual classes I've always been glad to have had that kind of education.
    It does help with many European languages. NOT with Gaelic, though :)
    #255Authoreasy (238884) 04 Aug 10, 10:48
    Comment
    Moin allerseits!

Es gibt ja auch Leute, die behaupten, Latein zu lernen würde das logische Denken fördern.
    Das bezweifele ich aber sehr.
    Wieviele Sätze gibt es da, in denen das Verb fehlt?
    Und dann solche Dinger wie "die Kiele furchten den Sand"; wenn Schiffe am Ufer anlegen.
    Da ist nix mit Logik, nur Auswendiglernen - Pauken, Pauken, Pauken!
    #256AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 04 Aug 10, 11:06
    Comment
    Tach Emil and Isi *waves* Unless you're planning a legal or medical career I don't know what Latin's good for.
    #257Authormykl (442296) 04 Aug 10, 12:20
    Comment
    Home time ! Yahoooooooo. Till the morn people. :)
    #258Authormykl (442296) 04 Aug 10, 15:04
    Comment
    Nicht viel los hier..
    Hi-bye, mykl..

Latin is good if you are planning a career as a scientist or anything with Romianic Languages. In my case, I am able to translate plant or animal names and can thus easier keep them in mind. I can read Spanish, Portuguese and Italian if necessary - not good, but good enough..

Hubby's on holiday and out w't'dogs and his son. Trying to get some work done..
    Therefor, it's "bye" again now!

*leaves pile of hugs and kisses and departs*
    #259AuthorWaringham (384862) 04 Aug 10, 16:52
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Thursday to one and all. Hi Wari, I haven't needed to read Italian, Spanish or Portugese.... yet. :)
    #260Authormykl (442296) 05 Aug 10, 06:56
    Comment
    Hi, All!

Pouring rain here, and has been on and off for the past two days. Got a real compliment yesterday from my 5th-grade "Nachhilfeschüler," who had been stating: I hate English - at the end of yesterday's lesson, he looked at me, his face and eyes all aglow and said: Ich kapier's nicht - Englisch macht DOCH Spaß, und ich verstehe auf einmal so viel :-))

Wari, I can read Spanish and Italian, too, understanding at least the gist of things - not because of Latin, but French :-)

I gotta get a move on, yet again.
    #261AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Aug 10, 11:23
    Comment
    Hi Carly, English is fun?? Ich kapier's auch nicht. *gg*
    #262Authormykl (442296) 05 Aug 10, 11:34
    Comment
    Hi, mykl - Would you like me to send you yesterday's crossword puzzle on colo(u)rs?? :-))
    #263AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Aug 10, 11:38
    Comment
    Nööööö, if it's in AE I'd probably get it wrong. :))
    #264Authormykl (442296) 05 Aug 10, 12:29
    Comment
    nykl, I wouldn't DARE give a German child anything but the "Queen's English" :-))) Which reminds me of when my daughter, age 12, came home from school one day to inform me in BE: Markus is going to knock me up today - I about fainted, but said (well, shouted) He's going to do NO SUCH THING!!! :-)
    #265AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Aug 10, 12:37
    Comment
    *laughs* Out of the mouths of babes... *gg*
    #266Authormykl (442296) 05 Aug 10, 12:40
    Comment
    Yeah, but that day they had learned "to knock someone up" meant "drop by" :-)
    #267AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Aug 10, 12:52
    Comment
    I'd figured that out. Just shows the 'standards' of some foreign English teachers. :)
    #268Authormykl (442296) 05 Aug 10, 12:56
    Comment
    The times, they are a changin'...

http://catchrandom.blogspot.com/2010/08/tips-...

#269Authormykl (442296) 05 Aug 10, 13:15
    Comment
    Moin!
    Ich sagte es ja schon mal: LEO ist so lehrreich!
    mykl, hast Du auch noch die Seite für den wohl erzogenen Herren mit den Anleitungen, wie er dann der jungen Dame aus der peinlichen Situation heraushilft?
    #270AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 05 Aug 10, 13:21
    Comment
    Das war doppelt.
    #271AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 05 Aug 10, 13:22
    Comment
    Juten Tach Emil *waves* *laughs* No, sorry, that was the only report in the newspaper. :)
    #272Authormykl (442296) 05 Aug 10, 13:26
    Comment
    LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Lovely :-)))
    #273AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Aug 10, 13:35
    Comment
    So people, it's time for me to pack away the toy box for another day. I wish everyone a pleasant evening, have fun and may your Gods go with you.
    #274Authormykl (442296) 05 Aug 10, 14:48
    Comment
    Tschüss, mykl. Sieht ja einigermaßen trocken aus bei Dir.
    #275AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 05 Aug 10, 14:51
    Comment
    Dafür regnet es jetzt hier ...
    Keine Nachtschwärmer unterwegs?
    #276AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 05 Aug 10, 20:29
    Comment
    Doch, aber ich mußte eine Pause machen :-)) Hier regnet es fast den ganzen Tag, und wolkenbruch artig noch dazu.
    #277AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Aug 10, 22:14
    Comment
    Hallo Carly!
    Ja, ich habe eben auch ein wenig pausiert und eine Chronologie der Beatles in Schwarz-Weiß auf arte gesehen. Jetzt mach' ich noch ein bisschen.
    #278AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 05 Aug 10, 22:56
    Comment
    Die hätte ich auch geguckt, wenn ich nicht erst neulich eine Ähnlichen gesehen hätte - stattdessen habe ich die 3 Fragezeichen geschaut :-)
    #279AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Aug 10, 23:06
    Comment
    Das ist seltsam. Die drei ??? haben bei mir nie eine Rolle gespielt.
    Ich kenne sie weder als Buch noch als Film noch als Hörspiel.
    #280AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 05 Aug 10, 23:27
    Comment
    Bei mir auch nicht, Emil - aber sehr wohl bei meiner Kinder (vorallem meine Tochter), und jetzt meine Enkelin - heute hat meine Tochter mir erzählt, daß sie irgendwie ihre alte 3 ??? Kassetten auf ihr MP3-Player bekommen hat, und hört sie wenn sie joggen geht :-))
    #281AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 05 Aug 10, 23:38
    Comment
    Ich jogge nicht. Deshalb weiss ich nicht, was man am besten dazu hören sollte.
    Ich vermute etwas, das den Laufrhythmus unterstützt. Also würde ich mir wohl kein Hörspiel aussuchen ...
    Bis morgen!
    #282AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 06 Aug 10, 00:40
    Comment
    Good morning people, a very happy Friday to one and all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13007...
    #283Authormykl (442296) 06 Aug 10, 07:01
    Comment
    Moin, All!

mykl, Will have to read your link later on today - off to another English lesson, then to a meeting with the milling people.

Emil, fällt mir jetzt ein, daß sie von der Musik der 3 ??? geredet hat - und die kenne ich nicht :-)
    #284AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 06 Aug 10, 10:08
    Comment
    Moin all!

Hah, all those McGill postcars!
    Unfortunately, there is no prospect of a weekend at the seaside for me.
    #285AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 06 Aug 10, 10:13
    Comment
    Hi/Bye Carly. Moin Emil, the postcards aren't as popular as they once were, but you still find them at some of the more traditional sites. :=)
    #286Authormykl (442296) 06 Aug 10, 10:18
    Comment
    Good morning, people.
    Very British rain here all day.
    Morgen fahre ich Hagalaz nach Niederbayern :(
    On a brighter note; Ich werde nächste Woche eine Katze adoptieren, der wir gestern ein Bein amputiert haben (vermutlich Sarkom) mit Herzfehler und ganz schlechten Nieren.
    Aber sie muß ja nicht im Tierheim sterben...
    #287Authoreasy (238884) 06 Aug 10, 13:01
    Comment
    Moin und Tschüss allerseits, Ich fahr jetzt zur Hansesail, Schick segeln, essen, Trinken und Schiffe gucken.

@easy: warum tutst Du Dir selber so 'nen herzschmerz an?
    #288Authoryytsunamiyy (341657) 06 Aug 10, 14:04
    Comment
    Hi Isi, *waves* you need to win the Lotto or sth so that you can buy a house in the coutryside somewhere and open an animal sanctuary. :)
    #289Authormykl (442296) 06 Aug 10, 14:05
    Comment
    Huhu, 4y. Vermutlich steh ich drauf ;o)
    Nee, ich weiß auch nicht. Ganz egoistisch: Weil ich mir momentan kein Tier holen kann, was jung und gesund ist, was vielleicht 25 Jahre lang lebt... Und weil das Katerchen ne ganz arme Sau ist, aber endslieb und es einfach nicht verdient, den Rest seines Daseins im Tierheim zu fristen. Aber ich weiß, ich bin schon etwas (sehr) ga-ga.
    Viel Spaß beim schickeria-segeln ;) und fall nicht ins Wasser!

Huhu, myklchen. Yep, that would be nice. I don't play Lotto, though ;o)
    #290Authoreasy (238884) 06 Aug 10, 14:11
    Comment
    Hi 4Y, sorry, I didn't see you sneak in a posting there. :)

I wish you lots of fun at the regatta.
    #291Authormykl (442296) 06 Aug 10, 14:16
    Comment
    Hagalaz is gone.
    #292Authoreasy (238884) 07 Aug 10, 16:06
    Comment
    Sei nicht traurig, easy!
    Ist sie gut untergebracht?
    Vielleicht hätte es sogar mit dem neuen Kater Ärger gegeben?
    #293AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 07 Aug 10, 16:57
    Comment
    Ich hätte den Kater gar nicht genommen, wenn ich die Krähe behalten hätte.
    Was mir grad das Herz bricht, ist, dass ich WEISS, dass sie da jetzt gerade sitzt und auf meine Rückkehr wartet. So wie sie das immer gemacht hat.
    Ja, sie ist sehr gut untergebracht, ist echt schön da, und der Mann ist super nett und absoluter Vogelnarr. Er war total lieb zu ihr. Und es ist ein echt schönes Gelände.
    Aber ich vermisse sie eben maßlosestest!
    #294Authoreasy (238884) 07 Aug 10, 17:41
    Comment
    4y hat im übrigen recht.
    I must be stark raving mad to take in a morituri cat.
    And remind me never again to take in a fledgling corvid. At least as long as I don't have my own garden.
    Ich will soweiso nur noch Hagalaz :(((((((
    #295Authoreasy (238884) 07 Aug 10, 22:04
    Comment
    Ach, wie traurig dieser Faden zuendegehen muss!
    Wirst Du Hagalaz irgendwann einmal besuchen?
    Wahrscheinlich gewöhnt sie sich doch bald an die neue Umgebung.
    Wie heißt der Kater?

Wir haben eine neue Adresse.

Ach ja, easy, vielen Dank für die Nachsicht. In #0 hatte ich von der Leopardenschildkröte geschrieben, dabei ist Karlchen ja eine Pantherschildkröte.
    #296AuthorEmil 14 (299747) 08 Aug 10, 04:53
    Comment
    ;) Na ja, leopard's tortoise, eben, oder? Das passiert regelmäßig.
    Danke fürs neue Zuhause!
    Der Kater hat noch keinen Namen, aber ich finde er sieht aus wie Sam oder Bill oder William oder George oder sowas. Irgendwas einfaches. (Merkwürdigerweise. Sonst bin ich ja eher für abgefahrene Namen).
    Ich muß ihn mir erst nochmal angucken. Und dann muß ich gucken, auf was er am besten reagiert.
    Ich fänd ja Pixel als Namen süß. Aber das ist eindeutig nicht sein Name...
    Wieso bist Du sonntags eigentlich um 4:53 unterwegs???
    #297Authoreasy (238884) 08 Aug 10, 09:29
    Comment
    *Viecherzusammentreib*
    *Möbelzusammenschieb*
    #298Authoreasy (238884) 08 Aug 10, 15:56
    Comment
    *leckerMöbelpackernbeimSchleppenzuseh*
    *leckerPutzmännernbeimPutzenzuseh*
    #299Authoreasy (238884) 08 Aug 10, 15:57
    Comment
    *Lichtaus*
    #300Authoreasy (238884) 08 Aug 10, 15:58