#0 hatte ja ausdrücklich vorgegeben:
Plastiktüte passt nicht, die bags können auch aus Papier oder Stoff sein."
"Bag ban" ist nur fuer Plastiktueten (less than 2.25 mils thick). Papiertueten: "10 cents for each recycled "paper bag".
When did the ordinance take effect?
March 9, 2011 - The Single-Use Carryout Bag Ordinance was read into law.
September 1, 2011 Enforcement of The Single-Use Carryout Bag Ordinance began, prohibiting all Santa Monica retail establishments from distributing single-use carryout plastic bags
, and regulating the use of paper bags
in grocery stores, convenience stores, minimarts, liquor stores, drug stores and pharmacies.
What is the City of Santa Monica’s definition of a single-use plastic carryout bag?
“Single Use Plastic Carryout Bag” means any bag that is less than 2.25 mils thick
and is made predominately of plastic derived from petroleum or from bio-based sources, such as corn or other plant sources.
Are there any exceptions to this ban? Yes. (please check the link)http://www.smgov.net/Departments/OSE/Business...
What stores are required to charge 10 cents for each recycled paper bag? (check link)
What is the City of Santa Monica’s definition of a reusable bag? (check link)
6. If made of plastic, is a minimum of at least 2.25 mils thick. http://www.smgov.net/Departments/OSE/Business...
City of Santa Monica © 2012 Santa Monica Office of Sustainability and the Environment © 2011http://www.smgov.net/departments/ose/business...
Plastic Bag Ban - At a Glance
Seattle plastic bag ban takes effect July 1, 2012.
Here’s what the law does:
Prohibits all Seattle retail stores from providing customers with single-use plastic carryout (shopping) bags,
including those advertised as compostable, biodegradable, photodegradable or similar.
● Allows retail stores to provide customers with any size recyclable paper or reusable carryout bags.
● Allows retail stores to provide carryout bags made of plastic 2.25 mil or thicker, with or without charge at their discretion.
● Requires retail stores to charge a minimum of 5 cents for paper carryout bags of 1/8 barrel (882 cubic inches) or larger. These are typical grocery bags with a flat bottom greater than 60 square inches.
● Promotes reusable carryout bags as the best alternative to single-use plastic bags.http://www.seattle.gov/util/services/recyclin...http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/gesellschaft/l...