•  
  • Betreff

Kommentar (Film)

[Kunst][Substantiv][Subst.]
    Quellen

(In film) While we see images of landscapes the commentary/comment goes: "..."

Kommentar

Es geht um den Begriff Kommentar in einem Film, also der gesprochene Text, der den Bildern unterlegt ist, den ich zitieren möchte. Benutze ich da im Englichen 'comment' oder 'commentary'?

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe!

VerfasserNilna (1193804) 17 Mai 19, 13:48
    Kommentar

Ist das nicht einfach ein voice-over?

#1Verfasserpenguin (236245) 17 Mai 19, 13:50
    Kommentar
    #2Verfasserwundertype.de (243076)  17 Mai 19, 14:00
    Kommentar

... the narrator says / tells us ...

possibly

#3Verfasserdude (253248) 19 Mai 19, 16:03
    Kommentar

Wie #3!

#4VerfasserMartin--cal (272273) 19 Mai 19, 20:22
    Kommentar

voice-over / off-camera

#5VerfasserMyotis (485253) 19 Mai 19, 20:30
    Vorschlag"the voice-over is narrated from a we-perspective"
    Kommentar

I know it has been a while but I'd like to add a more concrete question to this thread.

Is it possible to say "the voice-over is narrated from a we-perspective"

(or rather "...in a we-perspective") or would I have to say "uses a we-perspective"?

... or any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

#6VerfasserNilna (1193804) 10 Aug. 22, 11:52
    Kommentar

I'd say: the voice-over text uses the 'we' form

#7VerfasserRominara (1294573)  10 Aug. 22, 14:14
    Kommentar

Is it possible to say "the voice-over is narrated from a we-perspective"

No; because the voice over is not narrated. The voice-over is doing the narrating (or whatever).

#8VerfasserGibson (418762) 10 Aug. 22, 15:07
    Kommentar

Many thanks to both for the clarification!

(@#8) So would "the voice-over is narrated in a we perspective" work?

Or rather "the voice-over is narrated from a we perspective"?

Otherwise I think Rominara's (#7) suggestion also works fine!

#9VerfasserNilna (1193804) 10 Aug. 22, 23:27
    Vorschlag1st person plural
    Kommentar

@9, I agree with @8, the voice over is the audio, the audio is not narrated, rather the story is narrated. The audio is the product of the voice actor’s narration (i.e. telling the story) and is implied in the act of narration. So…

”The narration is in the first person plural” or just ”The narration is in the first person”

Or does that make it sound to academic? I think so, wut “we-perspective” also feels academic to me. Who says that casually?

How about: “The story is told from the narrator’s perspective”

Alternatively, give the audience the benefit of a doubt and assume they’ll quickly realise what voice the narration is in (unless it really is so confusing that they need to be told explicitly).

#10VerfasserBerBer (1308936) 11 Aug. 22, 01:29
    Kommentar

Wenn man das voice-over selbst analysiert (also z.B. "in Dokumentationen der deutschen Sender, werden in Kommentaren Passivkonstruktionen genutzt, während bei englischen Dokumentationen die Kommentare eher die Wir-Form nutzt" Kann man es sich nicht aussuchen, das wegzulassen :)

Auf der anderen Seite finde ich "we-perspective" an sich schon falsch (und nicht nur akademisch). Die Perspektive ist die des Publikums, des Erzählers, des Impalas, das gerade vom Raubtier gerissen wird... aber das hat nichts mit "wir" zu tun, die "wir-Form" ist das sprachliche Mittel, mit dem eine Perspektive ausgedrückt wird, und alles in mir sträubt sich, das kommentarlos zu vermischen.

#11Verfasserm.dietz (780138) 11 Aug. 22, 11:29
    Kommentar

Dear all, thanks again for your help!

And sorry for my comment #9 where I was asking literally the same thing #8 had already explained (my brain must have gone to sleep early last night).

I meant to ask whether it works to write "the voice-over narrates from/in a we perspective", following #8's clarification. But from how I understand from most of your comments it sounds like a voice-over doesn't really 'do' things either, it just 'is' in a certain way?

It would be ok to sound academic in my context 😉...

And in fact it is a similar to what #11 describes, analyzing different documentary formats, in my case.

In the cases I'm working on 'we-perspective' is meant to stand for a 'national we', suggesting to speak for a whole nation/ or in one case, the urban poor...

#12VerfasserNilna (1193804) 11 Aug. 22, 12:59
    Kommentar

There's no ultimately watertight distinction perhaps, yet I think it's worth differentiating between "commentary" and "narration," the former coming from outside of the story or whatever, the latter more inside it (a character, characters, participants).

From what you say in #12 I get the impression "narration" would be more appropriate, but I can't be 100% sure.

So perhaps:

"The voice-over narration is in the third person plural."

#13VerfasserBion (1092007) 12 Aug. 22, 15:15
    Kommentar

Many thanks for the clarification and suggestion!

#14VerfasserNilna (1193804) 16 Aug. 22, 13:36
    Kommentar

--- edit ---

#15Verfasserno me bré (700807)  16 Aug. 22, 14:18
    Kommentar

#13: "... in the first person plural"

#16VerfasserRaudona (255425) 16 Aug. 22, 17:11
    Kommentar

Thanks, complete oversight.

#17VerfasserBion (1092007) 16 Aug. 22, 17:57

•  
  •