Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Forum home

English missing

President of the Junior Class/Senior Class (meaning)

Subject

President of the Junior Class/Senior Class (meaning)

Sources

STAGE MANAGER: ...

Now they'll be coming out of High School at three o'clock. George has just been elected President of the Junior Class, and as it's June, that means he'll be President of the Senior Class all next year. And Emily's just been elected Secretary and Treasurer. I don't have to tell you how important that is.

(Thornton Wilder, Our Town)

Comment

Hi, there,

Please, what is meant by President of the Junior Class, what is a Junior Class and what is a Senior Class at a High School? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Authorkeeblerelf (908281)  27 Nov 22, 23:07
    Comment

You really could have found this yourself had you done even the slightest bit of research….

American high schools typically last for four years (grades): 9, 10, 11, and 12. Also called freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior. Years in college have the same names.

I believe that president might be similar to Sprecher here (or something like that).

#1Author hbberlin (420040)  27 Nov 22, 23:51
    Comment

@ #1....had you done even the slightest bit of research…

Thank you for helping me,

but I didn't want to bother you with my silly questions, actually. I say sorry. If I bother you don't answer my questions, please.

#2Authorkeeblerelf (908281)  28 Nov 22, 00:11
    Comment

If I bother you don't answer my questions, please.

(Wozu ich übrigens bereits übergegangen bin.)

#3Author Jesse_Pinkman (991550) 28 Nov 22, 09:00
    Comment

Bei so einer Recherche stößt man unweigerlich auf viel muttersprachliches Englisch ... in diesem Fall AE ...

#4Author no me bré (700807) 28 Nov 22, 09:13

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt