Wenn es darum geht, den Vorwurf oder Verstoß nach dem erwähnten deutschen §315c StGB ins Englische zu übersetzen, gibt es zumindest eine zitierbare Orientierungshilfe :
... Section 315c
Endangering road traffic
(1) Whoever, in road traffic,
1. drives a vehicle although they are not in a condition to drive the vehicle safely
a) due to having consumed alcoholic drinks or other intoxicating substances or
b) due to mental or physical deficiencies
2. in gross violation of road traffic regulations and carelessly
a) does not observe the right of way,
b) overtakes improperly or otherwise drives improperly in the process of overtaking,
c) drives improperly in the vicinity of pedestrian crossings,
d) drives too fast in places with poor visibility, at road crossings, junctions or railway crossings,
e) fails to keep to the right-hand side of the road in places with poor visibility,
f) turns, drives backwards or contrary to the direction of traffic, or attempts to do so on a motorway or a main road or
g) fails to make vehicles which have stopped or broken down recognisable at a sufficient distance although this is required to ensure the safety of traffic,
and thereby endangers the life or limb of another person or property of significant value belonging to another, incurs a penalty of imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or a fine.
(2) In the cases under subsection (1) no. 1, the attempt is punishable.
(3) Whoever, in the cases under subsection (1),
1. causes the danger by negligence or
2. acts negligently and causes the danger by negligence
incurs a penalty of imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or a fine. ...