Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Subject

I'm concerned

Sources
    On this salary, I'm concerned that I wouldn't be able to afford accomodation
    Comment
    I'm writing to the employer who's offering me a praktikum but I want to convey that I don't think I could eat food and afford to pay rent on the pittance they are offering
    (Also encouraged are tips on whether or not this is an advisable point to make to a potential employer...) :)
    Thanks peeps
    AuthorLooloobelle (413002) 13 Mar 08, 20:38
    Sources
    On this salary, I'm concerned that I wouldn't be able to afford accomodation
    Mit diesem Gehalt, habe ich die Befürchtung(oder: befürchte ich) mir keine Unterkunft leisten zu können.
    Comment
    So oder ähnlich.....
    #1AuthorMusikhippo13 Mar 08, 20:43
    Comment
    even if things are tight u should afford a second m

accommodation
    #2Authornoli13 Mar 08, 20:44
    Comment
    Bei diesem Gehalt habe ich die Befürchtung, daß ich meine Miete nicht bezahlen kann.

But I can't tell you if it's wise to say that...
    #3Author Gibson (418762) 13 Mar 08, 20:44
    Comment
    @noli - lol! Thanks for pointing that out! (the shame...)
    Thanks too Musikhippo, that sounds slightly preferable over Gibson's suggestion as I am talking about finding somewhere to rent, not that I've already got somewhere.
    Thanks to all - and re: whether it's wise to say it at all, I guess I'll find out when I hear back from him :)
    #4AuthorLooloobelle (413002) 13 Mar 08, 20:49
    Comment
    Die britische Antwort wäre:
    "Vielen Dank für das großzügige Angebot. Es wird mir zumindest ermöglichen unter einer der wunderschönen Brücken Ihrer Stadt zu schlafen und mir morgentlich einen Napf köstlichen Porridges in der Armenküche abzuholen. Alles weitere wird sich finden, sobald ich Ihnen hoffentlich eine, wenn auch unbedeutende, Hilfe sein kann.
    Looking forward to work in/with ...

Yours sincerely

Looloobelle Doe"
    #5Author judex (239096) 13 Mar 08, 21:05

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt