Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Subject

Wochenendfahrer

Sources
    Zimmer, ca. 15m², möbliert, mit kleiner Küche, Miete EUR 240,- und Wochenendfahrer
    Comment
    ?? In an advert for a room to rent...
    Danke für eure Hilfe!
    AuthorLooloobelle (413002) 17 Mar 08, 18:09
    Comment
    I think its somebody who visits his or her "old" home (family, friends, ...) every weekend. Like students often do.
    #1AuthorMone17 Mar 08, 18:11
    Comment
    Sounds like whomever goes home on the weekends, meaning the apartment wouldn't be available during the week - or perhaps something is missing in the advert, since 240 euros seems a bit much for a weekend place, even if it is Hamburg (if I recall correctly).
    #2Author Carly-AE (237428) 17 Mar 08, 18:12
    Comment
    How about: 'weekend commuter' = 'Wochenend-Pendler' ? . . .

Dictionary: Pendler . . .
    #3AuthorDaddy17 Mar 08, 18:13
    Comment
    It could be that it's a room in a single-family home and the owners won't want you to be there on weekends. A friend of mine once had a place like that during an internship.
    #4AuthorPiz Sorega17 Mar 08, 18:15
    Sources
    Comment
    Looloobelle - I used the "HomeCompany" services twice in the past and was very satisfied. You have to pay a "Vermittlungsgebühr" which varies according to the time you need an apartment. They are specialized in temporary living quarters.
    #5Author Carly-AE (237428) 17 Mar 08, 18:19
    Comment
    lol thanks guys :) I do love this forum. So sweet of you to remember where I'm going Carly :) oh I got an internship at a media agency by the way, yaay! So I can practice my editing for when I become a translator
    #6AuthorLooloobelle (413002) 17 Mar 08, 18:25
    Comment
    Congratulations, Looloobelle!
    #7Author Carly-AE (237428) 17 Mar 08, 18:27

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt