Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Subject

im Rahmen

Sources
    Ich wuerde mich gerne fuer das Stipendienprogramm von XXX (Name der Stiftung) fuer die Unterstuetzung meiner Doktorarbeit im Rahmen des Doktorandenprogramms am XXX Institut bewerben

I would like to apply for the fellowship program of XXX for the support of my PhD project in line with (??) the graduate program at the XXX Institute
    Comment
    I'm not sure about the translation of "im Rahnen" in this context, and I have to be, because it's for an official application, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    AuthorJeSS (162318) 21 Sep 08, 23:48
    Suggestionim Rahmen
    Sources
    Germans say "im Rahmen" a lot more than Americans say "within the framework," which is its approximate equivalent. Often it is used in German when it can just be left out of the English translation.

I would like to apply for the fellowship program of XXX for the support of my PhD project in the graduate program at the XXX Institute.
    #1AuthorRobNYNY21 Sep 08, 23:56
    Comment
    ....within the graduate program....
    ....wäre mein Vorschlag
    #2AuthorAndreas21 Sep 08, 23:56
    Comment
    Thanks a lot!!!! And thanks for the explanation, RobNYNY, that makes a lot of sense! I was wondering why I've never heard this expression before, although it is used so frequently in German. I ended up making two separate sentences to avoid the problem completely.
    #3AuthorJeSS (162318) 22 Sep 08, 00:32

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt