* S: (v) prevail, persist, die hard, run, endure (continue to exist) "These stories die hard"; "The legend of Elvis endures"
* S: (v) persevere, persist, hang in, hang on, hold on (be persistent, refuse to stop) "he persisted to call me every night"; "The child persisted and kept asking questions"
* S: (v) persist, remain, stay (stay behind) "The smell stayed in the room"; "The hostility remained long after they made up"http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=persist
* S: (v) insist, take a firm stand (be emphatic or resolute and refuse to budge) "I must insist!"
* S: (v) importune, insist (beg persistently and urgently) "I importune you to help them"
* S: (v) insist, assert (assert to be true) "The letter asserts a free society"http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=ins...
persistence drückt Hartnäckigkeit und Fortbestand aus,
insistence Nachdruck und Beharrlichkeit