Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Subject

siebenbürgischer

Sources
    Andreas Schmidt (Volksgruppenführer) (1912–1948), siebenbürgischer Politiker
    Author pfarrer83919 (292595) 16 Sep 09, 05:36
    Ergebnisse aus dem Wörterbuch
    heartleaf oxeye [BOT.]Siebenbürgische Telekie   Lat.: Telekia speciosa
    yellow oxeye [BOT.]Siebenbürgische Telekie   Lat.: Telekia speciosa
    Ergebnisse aus dem Forum
    Sources
    Transylvania (Romanian: Ardeal or Transilvania; Hungarian: Erdély; German: Siebenbürgen (help·info), see also other denominations) is a historical region in the central part of Romania. Bounded on the east and south by the Carpathian mountain range, historical Transylvania extended in the west to the Apuseni Mountains; however, the term frequently encompasses not only Transylvania proper, but also the historical regions of Crişana, Maramureş, and (Romanian) Banat.
    Comment
    Could it be "transylvanian"?
    #1Author Stuie (626968) 16 Sep 09, 08:09
    Sources
    #2Author16 Sep 09, 08:17
    Suggestiontransylvanian
    Comment
    I am from Transylvania and it is "transylvanian". the explanation of Stuie is very accurate. You can find further information about the origin of the German denomination "Siebenbürgen" on Wikipedia. The origin of this German denomination is not very clear...not even for the Saxons from Transylvania (Siebenbürger Sachsen).
    In Hungarian "Erdély" means exactly like in the Latin Transylvania "on the other side of the woods". The Romanians call Transylvania "Ardeal" which is derived from the Hungarian "Erdély", however they started using later (I think in the 19th century...not sure though exactly when)the term Transylvania.
    I hope this info is helpful.
    #3AuthorPeterB16 Sep 09, 08:43
    Comment
    Vielen Dank alle
    #4Author pfarrer83919 (292595) 18 Sep 09, 04:11
    Suggestiontransylvanian
    Sources
    Bela Bartok, Mikrokosmos, Nr 53.
    Comment
    Bela Bartok, in his six volume Mikrokosmos, has a piece called "Siebenbürgisch" (it is piece number 53). The title is translated as "In transylvanian style."
    #5AuthorM Brown06 Apr 10, 21:38

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt