related discussion: miscommunicationrelated discussion: miscommunication
miscommunication - failure to communicate adequately
Webster's 3rd unabridged (1961), appendix (1981):
miscommunication - failure to communicate clearly
Internet examples (Wortschatz Uni-Leipzig):
• Critics cite micromanagement, miscommunication and lack of preparation.
• If this is all unintentional miscommunication, as some will argue, then she should apologize immediately.
• This problem was caused by miscommunication or lack of adequate communication between the Legislature and the Executive arms of government.
• Remember, miscommunication makes a difference - it can result in friendly fire.
• Hamidzada blamed miscommunication among police, the Afghan army and foreign forces for Sunday's incidents
• The SA Petroleum Retailers' Association has admitted that some service stations around the country have been charging motorists almost 10c extra for a litre of petrol, blaming the blunder on "miscommunication".
• Kabalu said before Sunday's clashes, a mechanism should have been in place but there was miscommunication in the implementation of the withdrawal process.
• Shepard says there were kinks when the new school year opened on Wednesday because of miscommunication between parents and the schools
• The extended delay on the construction [of] Butler County's new animal shelter is a result of miscommunication, unrealistic expectations and unfulfilled promises, officials say.
• The mistrust, misunderstanding, and miscommunication gradually simmer to a boil.
• Local Toddler Abandoned - "There was some miscommunication and each sister thought that the little girl was going home with the other sister," said Fort Worth Police Lt. Dan Draper.
• (American football) Injuries, penalties and miscommunication also are plaguing Cleveland's offense.
• (American football) For the second consecutive week, miscommunication between Favre and Jerricho Cotchery resulted in an interception.
• (baseball) Boston's Jacoby Ellsbury had the first three-run single in playoff history thanks to some miscommunication in the outfield by the Angels.
• In a car, when there's a miscommunication between driver and navigator, the worst that happens is that you take the next exit on the interstate, maybe exchange a jab or two.
• There was no bad-faith or intention to fool anyone upon the announcement of a wrong result for the biopsy - it was a miscommunication within our staff and we were all very upset with what happened.
• A seeming miscommunication or lack of correct information helped to create turmoil where it never should have appeared.
• They say Deutsche Bank meant to transfer the $72.5 million to another party but sent it instead to Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc (LEHMQ), "due to both a clerical error at DB and a miscommunication between DB and its counterparty."
• Makes you wonder, is there some kind of huge cultural miscommunication about how offensive that gesture is to many people?
• Was it political retribution or just a miscommunication?
• The FBI shows up, somehow managing to time the arrest perfectly, none of them having gotten stuck in traffic or been delayed through some bureaucratic miscommunication (this is the government, after all).
• (baseball) In the third, Edmonds let a Garrett Atkins fly ball drop through his hands on a miscommunication with Alfonso Soriano.
• (soccer) A miscommunication between Zubar and Marseille goalkeeper Steve Mandanda gave Lille a 2-0 lead in the 37th.
• RWE erklärte offiziell, die Zahlung sei versehentlich erfolgt und beruhe auf einem Kommunikationsfehler.
• Eine kaputte Lok und Kommunikationsfehler bei der Regionalbahn Schleswig-Holstein haben am Wochenende die Fahrt von Sylt nach Hamburg um 42 Minuten verlängert.
• Der Konzern sprach von einem "Kommunikationsfehler".
• Grund genug für Kruger und seinen Kollegen Nicholas Epley, eine Studie in Auftrag zu geben, warum sich ausgerechnet in der modernen Managerwelt bei Mails und SMS immer öfter solche Kommunikationsfehler einschleichen.
• Offenbar aber hat es eine Kommunikationspanne innerhalb der Union gegeben.
• Senatssprecher Günter Kolodziej hat den Ausschluß von sechs Journalisten als "Kommunikationspanne" zwischen den einzelnen Sicherheitsbehörden BKA und LKA bezeichnet und dafür sein Bedauern ausgedrückt.
• Auch der Vorwurf, es habe eine Kommunikationspanne zwischen dem Landes- und dem Bundeskriminalamt (BKA) gegeben, sei falsch.
• Die Kommunikationspanne sei auf menschliches Versagen zurückzuführen: Ein Mitarbeiter habe für die E-Mail an die Medien den falschen Dateianhang ausgewählt.