spurs (pl.) - die Sporen (Pl.) (Pferde)
to put spurs to one's horse - seinem Pferd die Sporen geben
to set spurs to one's horse - seinem Pferd die Sporen geben related discussion: sich die ersten Sporen verdienenrelated discussion: Sporen abverdienenrelated discussion: sich die Sporen verdienen
• Geithner earned his spurs at Treasury in the 1990s, helping manage international economic crises in Brazil, Indonesia, Mexico, Indonesia, South Korea, and Thailand
• She has been recruited by the national party, her campaign literature includes the blessings of the governor, and she has earned her spurs at the legislature.
• Two students have won their spurs in stagecraft after completing a three-month Creative Apprenticeship pilot at Wales Millennium Centre.
• He earned his Celtic spurs in last season's title run-in when grafting displays alongside Barry Robson were pivotal to the seven straight wins that claimed the title
• While reluctant to speculate beyond earning his spurs on the current tour to his prospects of facing the All Blacks when they become Scotland's next Murrayfield opponents on November 8, it is clear that Mustchin is not averse to planning ahead."
• Hoste, a three-time runner-up, will be looking for new Belgian sensation Greg Van Avermaet to earn his spurs and help him shake off his rivals as he bids to shake the 'Ronde' monkey off his back again
• Others earned their spurs, too
• Pinkerton -- a Newsday columnist, commentator on Fox News and a fellow at the centrist New American Foundation -- earned his spurs as a young policy advisor to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush
• Perky upstart drinks company Charlie's is one reverse listing that to this point is earning its spurs
• (literal, rodeo) After more than 43 years in bareback riding, Joe Archie hung up his spurs last year after taking first place in the National Senior Pro Rodeo Association World Finals.
• (figurative, video game) Naturally if you're so blown away by how the game's changed since you hung up your spurs, you can start paying a monthly subscription fee to play again http://corpora.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/cgi-...