to sneak (Brit.) [fam.] - petzen
to squeal - petzen
to grass on so. (Brit.) [coll.] - jmdn. verpetzen [ugs.]
to grass so. up (Brit.) [coll.] - jmdn. verpetzen [ugs.]
to peach on so. [coll.] - jmdn. verpetzen [ugs.]
to sneak on so. (Brit.) [sl.] - jmdn. verpetzen
to squeal on so. - jmdn. verpetzen
to tattle - verpetzen
whistle-blowing - das Verpfeifen
to blow the whistle on so. - jmdn. verpfeifen [ugs.]
to grass on so. (Brit.) [coll.] - jmdn. verpfeifen [ugs.]
to grass so. up (Brit.) [coll.] - jmdn. verpfeifen [ugs.]
to peach on so. [coll.] - jmdn. verpfeifen [ugs.]
to put the finger on so. [coll.] - jmdn. verpfeifen [ugs.]
to rat on so. [sl.] - jmdn. verpfeifen [ugs.]
to snitch on so. [coll.] - jmdn. verpfeifen [ugs.]
to tell on so. - jmdn. verpfeifen [ugs.] related discussion: Hilfe holen ist kein Petzen! - A request for ...related discussion: Petze/petzen (Amer.)related discussion: to tell talesrelated discussion: to tattle on so. to so. - jmdn. bei jmdm. ver...related discussion: poopy pants tattletalerelated discussion: to rat sb out - jem. verpetzen
tattle - report another's wrongdoing: he never tattled or told tales | I would tattle on her whenever I had hard evidence.
tattler - 1: a person who tattles. ...
tattletale - a person, esp. a child, who reveals secrets or informs on others; a telltale.
tell¹ - ... • [intrans.] divulge confidential or private information: promise you won't tell.
• [intrans.) (tell on) [informal] inform someone of the misdemeanors of: friends don't tell on each other.
petzen - (Schülersprache, abwertend) einen Schüler bei einem Erwachsenen angeben, etw. verratenp. gehen
er hat es dem Lehrer gepetzt
wehe, wenn du petzt!
Synonymgruppen (OpenThesaurus at DWDS):
1. anschwärzen (ugs.), denunzieren, diffamieren, petzen (ugs.), verleumden, vernadern (österr. ugs.), verpetzen (ugs.), verpfeifen (ugs.), verraten
2. (jemanden) verpfeifen, petzen (ugs.), verpetzen (ugs.)
3. kneifen, petzen (ugs.), zwicken
• Web filtering software is moving to the cloud ... and it’s going to watch your every move online and tattle to your boss.
• Health authorities say they believe many places are enforcing the ban themselves or refusing to tattle on those who break the law.
• children when they leave this "safe" school environment who will kick their butt & steal their lunch money before they make it into the school bldg to tattle to a teacher
• Lean in. I can only tell you if you promise not to tattle to PETA.
• children are often scared to tell their parents about bullies because theyre afraid the bullying will get worse were the bully to learn that they tattled
• "I haven't been tattled on since I was in third grade," the mayor said during an interview
• After the first-grader used a knife to rob a classmate of $1 in a school bathroom, the 7-year-old threatened to come back with his father's gun if the victim tattled
• Candace, their big sister, dedicates herself to undermining their pleasure (and tattling on them to Mom and Dad).
• reminds him that reporting something like bullying is not the same thing as tattling
• teachers have a difficult mission in trying to explain to young children the difference between telling and tattling
• A fifth grade class in Green Country wants all students to know the difference between tattling and telling.
• Most children outgrow tattling.