dander - die Hautschuppe
dander [coll.] (anger, temper) - der Ärger
dander [coll.] (anger, temper) - der Zorn
Oxf. Amer. Dict. & Thes.:dander
- (in phrase get/have one's dander up
) - [informal] lose one's temper
Amer. Herit. Dict.:dander¹
- [Informal] Temper: got my dander up.dander²
- Scurf from the coat or feathers of various animals, often of an allergenic nature. [Alteration of DANDRUFF.]
• This latest news of the CTA fare increase has really gotten my dander up! I
• I've been writing editorials for over six years and never gotten someone's dander up publicly like I did with ...
• A story ... that got a lot of Americans' dander up was a federal appeals court panel's decision to ban the Pledge of Allegiance
• -- So The Chronicle gets its dander up and spotlights the odious congressional parking game
• I suppose that suffragists and abolitionists also get their dander up from time to time
• They rarely attack unless provoked or startled. But when one gets its dander up, watch out. Grizzlies have been clocked at 35 miles per hour ...http://corpus.byu.edu/coca/x3.asp?xx=1&w11=da...
• 'pears to know just how long he can torment me before I get my dander up
• stove in his car's right side. The motorist did not stop. His dander up, Meyner gave chase with his horn blowing full blast.
• Now mind I tell you, keep dreadful civil, for if you get my dander up I'm a allfried tiger, and no two ways about it.
• But you don't know how I can talk when once I get my dander up. Somebody's goin' to sit up and pay attention this time
• kaze w'en ole Brer Rabbit git he dander up, he' uz a monst'us bad man fer ter fool wid.
• Father is getting his dander up against the Democrats and says he will turn everyone outhttp://corpus.byu.edu/coha/x3.asp?xx=1&w11=da...