@ps (DE): Dann sind wir ja uns ja sowas von einig :-)
Ich habe gerade mal schlicht in Wikipedia nachgeschlagen und nach "peckerwood" gegoogelt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peckerwood
Peckerwood (or simply Wood) is a pejorative slang term coined in the 19th century by southern blacks to describe poor whites. Blacks saw blackbirds as a symbol of themselves, and the redheaded woodpecker as a representation of working class whites. They considered them loud and troublesome like the bird, and often with red hair like the woodpecker's head plumes. This word is still widely used by southern blacks to refer to southern whites.
In the 1940s, the abbreviated version "wood" entered California prison slang, originally meaning an Okie; but in about 1970 it became applied to white inmates as a whole, regardless of background. This has caused the symbol of the woodpecker to be used by white power skinheads. Many white supremacists self-identify themselves as peckerwoods, with women referred to as featherwoods. It is usually drawn with a long beak, sometimes drawn to resemble Woody Woodpecker. Sometimes the letters "PW" or "APW" (Peckerwood and American Peckerwood) is used. The peckerwood gangs are concentrated in California, where they trade in methamphetamine.
The exact etymological relationship between "peckerwood" and "woodpecker" is unclear. It is reported that in some Appalachian dialects, "peckerwood" is the normal word for "woodpecker" (possibly as part of a larger grammatical pattern); from this, it is speculated that speakers of other dialects may have applied this word to speakers of that dialect as a form of metonymic derision. (Cf. the speculated etymology of spic from "no spic English"; and cf. the etymology of zalama.)
- Peckerwood is also a place name in the musical Mame.
- The prisoners' cemetery at Leavenworth Prison in Kansas is known as Peckerwood Cemetery.
- The prisoners' cemetery at Sycamore Street and Bearkat Boulevard in Huntsville, Texas is known as Peckerwood Hill. ..."
Auch die Google-Ergebnisse stützen das, was wikipedia und die soliden Slang-Lexika sagen. Formulierungen wie "peckerwood ass", die auch noch an Frauen gerichtet sind, sind in der Bedeutung "Schwanz" schwer vorstellbar, in der pej. Bedeutung "Weißer/Südstaatler" dagegen ergeben sie Sinn. Vgl. http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&hs=x9z&q=%2...
• I wonder How would he feel if we lynched him and stuck a fork up his PECKERWOOD ASS!!!
• You sound like some kind of a fucking peckerwood ass white boy
• Why don't you get your white peckerwood ass out of here and go back to Sunnybrook farms, Rebecca?
• Get in there and get right in that peckerwood's ass; let 'em know you got full knowledge
• it's racism, but when a black raptist sings "I'm gonna f*** your peckerwood ass up" it's artistic expression? A slight double standard right there
• Yall gone tell me that this peckerwood ass white boy would call a black women a bitch in front of a black man?
• he was scared and getting tired of having his peckerwood ass beaten by the mexicans and blacks while in the shower