Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Übersicht

Übersetzung korrekt?

Bear in mind that you've an appointment. - Vergiss nicht, dass du eine Verabredung hast.

Gegeben

Bear in mind that you've an appointment.

Richtig?

Vergiss nicht, dass du eine Verabredung hast.

Beispiele/ Definitionen mit Quellen
    i have talked to her - i've talked to her => ok.
    i have an appointment - i've an appointment => not ok.
    Kommentar
    is the contraction given really correct? i would assume that "i have" only may be contracted to "i've" if "have" is an auxiliary verb.
    Verfasseralexander kolnerberger21 Jan. 02, 16:53
    Korrekturen

you've got - you have

-

Sie haben

Kommentar
    I agree - using have as an auxiliary verb, you could say "don't forget that you've got an appointment", otherwise it would have to be "don't forget that you have an appointment".
    #1VerfasserVicky21 Jan. 02, 17:46
    Kommentar
    So it wouldn't be okay to say "I've no idea"?? I don't think so...
    In writing I'd generally avoid it, but in speech I'd say it's perfectly alright.
    #2VerfasserDoris L21 Jan. 02, 19:05
    Kommentar
    Way back when at school we were taught not to use contractions in writing, unless it is direct speech (between ".."). It is always OK when spoken. Don't know if things have changed.
    #3VerfasserRES21 Jan. 02, 20:40
    Kommentar
    I believe that this may once again be a UK - US issue.

While it's true that "...you've an appt." would be rare in the U.S., I believe our cousins in the mother country might not agree. Any Brits care to comment here?
    #4VerfasserPeter22 Jan. 02, 01:53
    Kommentar
    I think this'd be rare in UK as well. And I'd guess it's more common up north, and definitely in Ireland.
    While it's true that one should generally avoid contractions in written language, their use in personal letters/emails (i.e. when it is like a written representation of spoken language) is perfectly acceptable.
    A standard-issue Brit is supposed to say "I've got" to denote possession; leaving it out is not always wrong.
    #5VerfasserGhol22 Jan. 02, 09:27
    Kommentar
    I have heard this as part of a longer sentence such as "I can't come today, I've an appointment later on at the doctors", although I agree with Ghol - probably more common in Ireland than the UK.
    #6VerfasserBen (London)22 Jan. 02, 21:31

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt