Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Gegeben

wee

Richtig?

früh

Beispiele/ Definitionen mit Quellen
    LEO gibt als Übersetzung "klein" und "winzig" an. Das passt in diesem Zusammenhang aber nicht so richtig. Kann ich "wee" mit "früh" übersetzen, oder ist das dann inhaltlich falsch?
    Kommentar
    ...,this is also an excellent place for rip-roaring fun into the wee morning hours.
    VerfasserCarsten02 Sep. 02, 10:50
    Ergebnisse aus dem Wörterbuch
    wee (Brit.) [fam.]das Pipi  kein Pl. [fam.]
    wee dram (Scot.)kleines Glas Whisky
    to wee  | weed, weed |   hauptsächlich  (Brit.) [ugs.]pischern  | pischerte, gepischert | [ugs.]
    to wee  | weed, weed |   hauptsächlich  (Brit.) [ugs.]pieseln  | pieselte, gepieselt | [ugs.]
    wee  Adj. (Scot.)klein
    wee  Adj. (Scot.)winzig
    a wee problemein kleines Problem
    Korrekturen

wee

-

früh

Kommentar
    Casten, both are correct: very small, and very eearly, even though I can't remember having heard the word in another context than in the wee hours of the morning
    #1VerfasserWerner02 Sep. 02, 10:57
    Korrekturen

wee (chiefly Scottish)

-

klein, winzig

Kommentar
    wee hours = die "kleinen" Stunden (1, 2, 3 Uhr etc.), deshalb die "frühen" Stunden. Aber für sich allein bedeutet wee nicht früh. "A wee bairn" ist nicht "ein frühes Kind", sondern ein kleines.
    #2VerfasserMorgan02 Sep. 02, 11:13
    Kommentar
    you talk about "the small hours" in exactly the same way
    #3VerfasserGhol- ‹GB›02 Sep. 02, 11:59
    Kommentar
    Webster's:
    1. very small : DIMINUTIVE
    2. very early (wee hours of the morning)
    #4VerfasserWerner02 Sep. 02, 12:05
    Korrekturen

wee small hours

-

Kommentar
    Use both for emphasis and sing along to old Frankie:
    (*violins*) in the wee small hours of the morning, while the whole wide world is fast asleep...lala, that's the time you miss her most of all...
    #5VerfasserDoris L02 Sep. 02, 12:15
    Kommentar
    (*violins*) "la-la-la ...the wee small hours... the best time of all to finish off your translations" innit, Doris? <g>
    #6VerfasserGhol-02 Sep. 02, 12:25
    Kommentar
    WRONG, der Kandidat hat 0 Punkte -- that's the time you hate being a translator most of all!
    #7VerfasserDoris :)02 Sep. 02, 12:33
    Korrekturen

wee

-

klein, winzig

Kommentar
    In spite of Webster's entry, it would be unwise to translate 'wee' as 'früh', because it only works in the phrase 'the wee hours' and the variations we have here, and, as already explained by the many posts here, it has to do with the size of the numbers. I certainly couldn't say, 'I got to work wee this morning'. Doesnae work at all!
    #8VerfasserSue &lt;aus, but claiming to be half Scotish&gt;02 Sep. 02, 13:23
    Korrekturen

wee

-

pinkeln

Kommentar
    that's the more usual British English menaing of the word -- to wee, to do a wee
    #9VerfasserGhol- ‹GB›02 Sep. 02, 14:06
    Kommentar
    Shame on you, Ghol.-:) Whenever I hear the beautiful Scottish 'wee', I think of the third stanza of 'Loch Lomond':/
    "The wee birdies sing and the wild flowers spring..."/

And then I don't want to have any mental connections with a loo!:-(
    #10VerfasserReinhard W.02 Sep. 02, 16:07
    Kommentar
    Apologies, Reinhard, for so callously upsetting your naive and unspoilt view of the world... Life will never be the same...
    #11VerfasserGhol- ‹GB›02 Sep. 02, 16:51
    Kommentar
    Then nobody please tell him what a "wee wee" is.... ^__~
    #12VerfasserJohannes03 Sep. 02, 12:26

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt