Pronunciation: (rē-sīn'), [key]
1. to sign again.
2. to renew or extend a contract.re•sign
Pronunciation: (ri-zīn'), [key]
1. to give up an office or position, often formally (often fol. by from): to resign from the presidency.
2. to submit; yield: to resign before the inevitable.
1. to give up (an office, position, etc.), often formally.
2. to relinquish (a right, claim, agreement, etc.).
3. to give or sign over, as to the control or care of another: She resigned her child to an adoption agency.
4. to submit (oneself, one's mind, etc.) without resistance.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.http://www.infoplease.com/dictionary/re-sign