Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Forum home

Translation correct?

Besonders... - ...in particular ... (see sentence)

Source Language Term

Besonders...

Correct?

...in particular ... (see sentence)

Comment
    Besonders der Vergleich der Bildungssysteme hat gezeigt, dass auf diesem Gebiet ein großer Nachholbedarf besteht.

The comparison of education systems *in particular* showed that there is a great deal of catching up to do in this field.

I have a bit of a problem with "in particular" here. Firstly, it now looks like "education systems in particular" not "the comparison in particular". But I can't put "in particular" in front as it doesn't refer to a previous sentence: in this context the German really means "Several things showed that there is a great deal of catching up to do, in particular the comparison ...". None of the other things are mentioned, and the context is too formal to use "things". Has anyone got another suggestion?

AuthorArchfarchnad -gb-13 Sep 05, 08:55
    Comment
    How do your native eyes like this:
    What in particular showed that there was a great deal of catching up to do in this field was the comparison of the educational systems.
    #1AuthorRiKo13 Sep 05, 09:01
    Comment
    Nice one RiKo! I'll change the "in particular" to "particularly" and I think it'll work. Phew!
    #2AuthorArchfarchnad -gb-13 Sep 05, 09:03
    Comment
    oder andersrum: the gap between...became particularly apparent when comparing ...
    I don't think it contorts the original meaning, does it?
    #3Authortanja113 Sep 05, 09:34
    Comment
    what about espeacially??
    #4Authorliza13 Sep 05, 10:49

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt