Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Forum home

Translation correct?

Ich verfüge über eine analytische und sehr flexible Denkweise, welche ich Ihnen zu Gute kommen lasse…

Source Language Term

Ich verfüge über eine analytische und sehr flexible Denkweise, welche ich Ihnen zu Gute kommen lassen möchte

Correct?

I am equipped with an analytical and highly flexible mindset which I would love to dedicate at your service.

Comment
    Es geht um eine Bewerbung für eine Bachelorarbeit. Ich möchte mich (oder besser meine Fähigkeiten) der Firma zur Verfügung stellen.

ANY ideas?
    AuthorJULS04 Nov 08, 16:15
    Suggestions

verfuege

-

hmmm

Context/ examples
     Ich verfüge über eine analytische und sehr flexible Denkweise, welche ich Ihnen zu Gute kommen lassen möchte - I am equipped with an analytical and highly flexible mindset which I would love to dedicate at your service.

Sorry, I don't like 'equipped.' Adn the tone is wrong - too schwanzwedelnd und kriecherisch.

Try a slight paraphrase:

My mindset is fundamentally analytical and flexible and I would be keen to put it at your disposal.
    Comment
    #1AuthorRobert Wilde (360884) 04 Nov 08, 16:39
    Suggestions

Ich verfüge über eine analytische und sehr flexible Denkweise, welche ich Ihnen zu Gute kommen lassen möchte

-

I am an analytical and very flexible thinker

Context/ examples

Or: I have an analytical and flexible way of thinking which I would love to apply in the service of/for your company

Or: ... I would love to employ my capabilities as a contribution to the future success of [your company, department X, product X...]
    Comment
     1. "zu Gute kommen lassen" sounds somewhat patronising.
    #2Authoreconomist04 Nov 08, 16:43
    Context/ examples

Comment
     yes, I know, I am not very confident with the "equipped with" expression either... thank you for your paraphrase economist, I think I will use sth. like this.. any more ideas how to paraphrase the second part of the sentence??

thanks!!! :)
    #3AuthorJULS04 Nov 08, 23:58

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

• Pinyin

• Keyboard

• Special characters

• Lautschrift

:-) automatisch zu 🙂 umgewandelt