Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Source Language Term

redundancy money econ.

Correct?

Abfindung

Examples/ definitions with source references
    When the redundancy money runs out in January and February the impact caused by the economic collapse will be felt more keenly, as thousands more homes are re-possessed due to people falling into arrears on mortgage payments.
    Comment
    redundancy pay
    Authorw20 Nov 08, 11:03
    Suggestions

redundancy money

-

Arbeitslosengeld

Comment
    ... why should an individual "Abfindung" the amount of which would differ from case to case run out collectively in Jan or Feb ?

... just an opinion, I don't obviously know whether there IS Arbeitslosengeld of some kind paid in the country involved.
    #1Authorweißnix (236288) 20 Nov 08, 11:15
    Suggestions

Comment
    Was the translation needed into English or into German ?

I would say
    money for / aimed at unemployement benefits (UK, mostly) / social security (US, mostly)
    instead of
    "redundancy money"
    in your sentence.

By "redundancy money" ("redundancy package") generally people mean the money offered by companies to "redundant" individuals, in order to lure them into leaving...

I am very likely to be missing something here.

'twas just my bit !
    #2AuthorIllseetoit20 Nov 08, 11:29
    Comment
    In the UK, Redundancy Money is the money an employer is legally required to pay to a worker who been dismissed because the employer has no longer work to offer to him/her.It is or was only payable to workers who had two or more years in continuous employment with the employer.In cases where the employer wished to encourage workers to take redundancy they would pay amounts in excess of the legal requirement.Where an employer went insolvent or bankrupt,the government paid the redundancy and claimed it from the employers business when it was being wound up.
    #3AuthorJGMcI20 Nov 08, 12:15
    Suggestions

redundancy money

-

Abfindung

Comment
    ... it is clear then. "Abfindung" is what you want, w.
    #4Authorweißnix (236288) 20 Nov 08, 12:25

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

• Pinyin

• Keyboard

• Special characters

• Lautschrift

:-) automatisch zu 🙂 umgewandelt