A deposit of exposed natural salt that is licked by passing animals.
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Veterinary Science) Also called salt lick
a block of compressed salt or chemical matter provided for domestic animals to lick for medicinal and nutritional purposes
4. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Zoology) a place to which animals go to lick exposed natural deposits of salthttp://www.thefreedictionary.com/licksalt lick
1. A natural deposit of exposed salt that animals lick.
2. A block of salt or artificial medicated saline preparation set out for cattle, sheep, or deer to lick. salt lick
1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Zoology) a place where wild animals go to lick naturally occurring salt deposits
2. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Zoology) a block of salt or a salt preparation given to domestic animals to lickhttp://www.thefreedictionary.com/salt+lick